Pay attention

Moderator: Bonn-o-Tron

Postby Rayhawk » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:13 am

Good news! I've cannibalized a bunch of graphics from the rulebook in order to fill up the avatars gallery. Forty pre-made avatars will hopefully be enough to hold people over until they can make customized avatars of their own (or trick Almighty Benny into doing it, as has been done in the past).

In a surprise move, I've also gone ahead and selected gallery avatars for people who didn't have one yet, as I felt that violating everyone's autonomy would be the perfect way to celebrate this occasion.

You can check out the new avatars (and, if you disagree with my selection, pick out a new one) by going to your Profile and clicking the "Show Gallery" button at the bottom.

Image Image Image Image
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby sullis3 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:49 am

I love the Avatar gallery. I hope that this will continue to be updated with new art - as well as with clips from existing art? There are so many gorgeous possibilities. Meeting sketches, beholders, and all sorts of Brik-a-Brack.

I expect to see these beauties everywhere from now on, especially when I sleep. Great work, Mike.
"Forsooth, mine eyes doth rove of their own accord." - CBG
sullis3
Battlefield General

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:38 am

already doth changed it! how dare you spite me with a ninja turtle
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby King of Brix » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:17 pm

Great job mike! I was actually hoping the Knight of the Skully Grail would be in there... Knew it was only a matter of time till this insanely good wargame got a set of forums... Stupid dimmy status. I'll shed it as soon as possible.
King of Brix
Minifig

Postby DarkWolf » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:31 pm

Hmmm. I find it interesting that of everyone who's registered on these forums, only four of us (Sullis3, IVhorsemen, moronstudios, and myself) have custom avatars not from the avatar gallery. Not that there's anything wrong with the avatar's in the gallery of course.
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto
DarkWolf
Minifig

Postby King of Brix » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:34 pm

As soon as I get my cursed camera working, my avatar will be custom. Probably my spartan minifig kicking a Dimmy or Jaw-Jaw into a bottomless pit... Any thoughts on the above idea?
King of Brix
Minifig

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:45 pm

DarkWolf wrote:Hmmm. I find it interesting that of everyone who's registered on these forums, only four of us (Sullis3, IVhorsemen, moronstudios, and myself) have custom avatars not from the avatar gallery. Not that there's anything wrong with the avatar's in the gallery of course.

actually, i think mine IS in the gallery. or at least, it should be. i mean it IS a rayhawk original.

and KoB, that is only acceptable if it is captioned "THIS. IS. BRIKWARS!"
IVhorseman

Postby King of Brix » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:57 pm

Absolutely. Also, I think I'll just make a video of it... Like, the stop motion ones, and add "THIS. IS. BRIKWARS!!!!!!!!" with alot of exclamation marks at the point that foot meets chest/stomach/face or whatever else the roll that determines the hit may come up with. I also need to work on my spartan a bit... Nothing a good decal and some spray paint won't fix. I'll also make a stat card for him, just cuz he's my only hero.
King of Brix
Minifig

Postby Yak » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:46 am

Cool Avatars! I will change my one to my real black ninja when I have time on my hands...or I might change it to a red ninja im not sure
The Leader of the LBW (Legion of the Brik Warriors)
Yak
Champion

Postby DarkWolf » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:14 pm

You know, I might change mine from my custom Hathcock to Jack O'kiase, the pilot of my new Warhawk gunship/fighter/bomber (I ran out of Clone Troopers and Stormtroopers to use as pilots, so I upgraded one random Mechanik to a Pilot (which involved swapping out his orange left arm for a blue one. I use arm colors to determin abilities, I'll post it once I get some more info for my army made up)
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto
DarkWolf
Minifig

Postby Yak » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:17 pm

Lol I didn't get half of that
Yak
Champion

Postby DarkWolf » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:50 pm

I never really frakked with the arms of my minifigs before I found Brikwars. I would swap heads and legs and torsos, but that was it, never did anything else. After I found Brikwars, I realised that the only sizable force of similar minifigs I had were Clone troopers and Storm troopers, so after much searching, I decided that every unit in my army would have red right arms. Compounding the idea, I started using the left arms to track what kind of unit the minifig was. It works great, and it allowed me to let my minifigs remain different and kickass. No two minifigs in my army are the same, except for the clones and stormies, and I've been breaking my back trying to find more red arms to use. I think I've finally run out :/
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto
DarkWolf
Minifig

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:43 pm

yeah, i really like that arm idea. works sort of better than my method, which is basically become emotionally attatched to guys until i know their classes.

that and my one medic, who has a red cross on his shirt.
IVhorseman

Postby Yak » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:07 pm

Yeah I like the arm idea too. Oh yeah, if you're doing arm decals, how do you do details when they're so small?
Yak
Champion

Postby King of Brix » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:16 am

On the computer, if your printing off the strip for decals, you can zoom in alot and do the details there.. Thats how I did it when I messed about with decals.
King of Brix
Minifig

Next

Return to Announcements