Adding a Risk like element....

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:55 am

MattL wrote:What if, the points where the baseplates met, would be the borders. Then there'd be an excuse for it being too small. After the border battle, you could have a battle in a town of the invaded country, and then go to the border of the next country.
I suggested that before. It proves it's a good idea.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:57 am

you only say that cos he said the word baseplates
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?

dcl32
Minifig
Location: In Afghanistan providing supressive fire with an M60

Post by dcl32 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:14 pm

holy, i was just thinking about doing this last week, but you should give each battle variety. such as have an ocean between the countries and BAM you've got an amphibious assault. Then maybe have factories in one area that the enemy can try to assault and put a clamp on you're production. you could also ambush enemies that are on their way to attack you. limitless possibilities.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:00 pm

maybe mark out a map on a piece of paper and represent your force by 1x1 studs and the contries you own by 2x2 plates, this means you can move your forces in the large map and if you meet your opponents army you fight, when invadeing a town you would fight the civilians.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:31 am

I am SOO doing this - if not a couple more.

BlockWar BC - here i come.
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?