First encounter

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

First encounter

Post by Zahru II » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:06 am

Howdy peoples! Me and forum member-friend of mine zirrian had a big faceoff today, and we have some sweet pictures to share with you guys:

The warring sides were zirrian's tekkmen mob with truck and mech led by commander Pedro (si senor!) and my ork horde with additional centaur mercenaries.

First turn, my various forces sprinted towards zirrian's and first blood was made by my awesomeosaurus-mounted ballista.

This was followed by 2 other casualities from the tekkmens.

In return, my centaurs suffered some damage, and on was taken down by the sniper.

zirrian's mech marched to set my boys on fire... which he ultimately failed at the damage roll. As a response, my orks smashed the mech's leg, which fell over and ultimately became useless for the rest of the battle.

zirrian's rollings were quite rhapsodic: for example he managed this monstrous amount of damage with his longrange squad:

As it was all focused on one centaur, easily overkilling him.

On the other hand, a combined attack of 3 wasn't enough to scrath another horseman.

S'more bloodshed went on when finally Pedro (si senor!) was deployed and massacred another centaur.

The orks surrounded the tekkmen killing some, and critting one out of existence with a ridicolous amount of damage (the first of many).

Overwatch so far, minor losses on both sides.

The trucks chaingun suddenly malfunctioned and broke.

The truck relying on his momentum rammed his way through. The centaurs bailed off, one of them critting a length of 11" (and fell off the bed were this took place. note: from now, we'll play only on ground).

Again an obscene amount of damage...

With which my centaurs were annihilated for good (note: zirrian is a poser).

Meanwhile on the right flank, men and ork valiantly fight each other, havin small losses so far.

My orc hero attempted to leap in and carnage the guardian's (guys with spears), but failed and just fell in, koncking himself out for a round.

Trolls engage! Critting a shoota out of existence again.

The other troll kindly bashes the remainders of the left flank into pulp.

The tekkmen on the right flank begin to diminish... (or how is that spelled)

Ambush! The orks realize the ranged guys oppose greater threat so they march and kill some.

The shooters fire into the orks, butchering nearly half of them.

Pedro (si senor!) guns down an ork.

The guardians obliterate the survivors of the right.

The battle rages on, taking his casualities...

The ork hero gains conciousness, getting into berserk rage, but slays only one guardian.

A volley of arrows decimate the guardians.

Double kill! The ballista takes down two men on the truck. The driver got off to fight but met his fate by the troll's club.

The Overwatch of the extremly chaotic war.

A combined blast takes down the troll, who squishes a single tekkman.

Pedro (si senor!) guns another ork.

The ballista owns 2 tekkmen on the right.

The remaining troll clubs down 2 shoota.

Even I don't know what going on in this picture. Bonus: where's Waldo?

Tragedy! Ork hero is slain by a guardian!

Revenge! The guardian's are finished by a rain of arrows.

The troll mauls the last shootas.

By this point, zirrian's men we're only 4, causing individual losses with well-done shots. Pedro (si senor!) suddenly realizes this battle is lost and does the most logical, yet cowardish movement a commander could ever make:

Surrender!

The battlefield. Thrashed and littered by dead bodies.

The remaining four tekkmen were chained up and taken away as slaves.

Ork victory! WAAAGH!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:09 am

Afterthoughts:

- Centaurs are too fragile for cc (even with 2hp).
- Awesomeosaurus-ballista is awesome.
- The fenomenon of "critting sby out of existence" is born.

zirrian
Champion
Champion

Post by zirrian » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:13 am

My happy feets are all over the battlefield ^^

The next battle will be the free of my four people...because we left nobody alone.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Your orcs are evil. They're just marching off with those big stupid grins on their faces despite having lost half their comrades. :) I hope you had some kind of inventory going, 'cos getting all of your own stuff back out of that pile must have cost some time (even though the armies are well-distinguishable from one another, lolz). The ballista-mounted dinosaur is indeed awesome, but where does the driver keep getting those spears from? (don't tell he he put them in the dino's butt). I was kinda hoping you'd use the demon again, but I saw no warlock so meh. Edit: just noticed where he really puts them, rofl. All we need now is a dinasour with clipping axes in front of him! Did I say that out loud? Minifigs will hate me.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:15 pm

STUPID HOOMINS!

Good battle, better luck next time Zirrian.

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:49 pm

If you watch closely, you'll see that there are pin-holed bricks on the dino's side, where extra ammo is.

And yeah, it'was kinda messy to recover stuff, but except for silver pikes everythin is well-distinguishable.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Yeah, I noticed in time to edit my post. Some clever thinking. Next you're prob going to tell me that whip is not to spank the dinosaur but that he is actually skilled enough to pick replacement spears up with them :) The unit interests me though, so I'll have to bug you some more. Does it have close combat skill as well? And what would happen if the driver died before the dinosaur did? Say, if he was sniped or something.

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:27 pm

Well, I have ideas if situations like such (though never actually had to use them). He could charge and trample (massive horns powa!). But the situation with the rider sniped is interesting. Probably it'll be followed by an event most suitable for brikwars: the dino is driven mad and begins random rampage killing friend or foe alike :twisted:

zirrian
Champion
Champion

Post by zirrian » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:11 pm

Zahru II wrote:Well, I have ideas if situations like such (though never actually had to use them). He could charge and trample (massive horns powa!). But the situation with the rider sniped is interesting. Probably it'll be followed by an event most suitable for brikwars: the dino is driven mad and begins random rampage killing friend or foe alike :twisted:
MO' crazy awesomesaurus'!

ILiveAgain
Champion
Champion

Post by ILiveAgain » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:31 pm

Damn, I feel sorry the tekkmens mech, being taken down before having any sort of serious effect. That the problem I find with mechs, while the look cool and can be highly mobile (being able to step over obstacles n' such), they have one massive flaw: leg joints. One such flaw which my opponent never fail to take advantage of, especially when they are standing next to lava.
Cool battle by the way, not a big fan of rigid units however. Much prefer skirmishers.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:10 am

Needed baseplates.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:26 am

pesgores wrote:Needed baseplates.
Here we go again...

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am

Theblackdog wrote:
Here we go again...
But it did!
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:49 am

Pesgores, EVERYONE knows your views on baseplates and Brikwars battles. You don't even have to say it.

Also, most people (including me) agree with you: Baseplates do improve the appearance of battles and let you construct better terrain. So however many baseplates you see on the battlefield probably represents the largest number of baseplates the player can put there. The problem is that baseplates are expensive and relatively useless for building, so most of us have other priorities when we're spending money on LEGO.

EDIT: If you really want to be self-righteous about baseplates, Strana and ROC's latest battle uses no baseplates at all.

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:01 am

Yup. I'm focusing on scenery, so far I was busy with amassing my armies.