the action based turn system

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

the action based turn system

Post by lrdofbricks » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:28 pm

for greater flexibility and high powered games:

in normal games, you get two actions, a movement and an attack.
this system allows you to be more flexible and have a higher powered game, for example, lets say we have a three action turn. that means each minifig can perform three things each turn. actions can be, but are not restricted to:
fire a single weapon (once per weapon)
move max distance (twice per turn)
jump over a wall
jump through a window (two actions)
open a door
pick up a weapon

this has many advantages
1. figures with nothing else to do can move twice as far at the cost of doing other things: helpful if your away from combat
2. it wont hurt as much to do trivial things like opwning a door
3. picking up a weapon doesn't mean you can't attack
4. figs can do combo moves like jumping from cover, shooting, then jumping back behind it
5.its adds both speed and flexibility, allowing battles to be more in depth and shorter

questions, comments, concerns, suggestions?
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:33 pm

:wtc:

That's awesome. I'll have to implement that in my next forum battle.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

OneEye589
Pooplord

Re: the action based turn system

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:48 pm

lrdofbricks wrote:1. figures with nothing else to do can move twice as far at the cost of doing other things: helpful if your away from combat
4. figs can do combo moves like jumping from cover, shooting, then jumping back behind it
5.its adds both speed and flexibility, allowing battles to be more in depth and shorter
1. Sprinting? You can move in a straight line at twice max speed already if you don't attack.

3. I didn't think it did anyway. If it's in your path, I just say it's a free action.

4. You can already do this. You move half your speed, fire, then you can move the rest of your speed.

Ranger S2H
Minifig
Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Post by Ranger S2H » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:03 am

I like to play inquisitor using my brix, maybe u can use its action system with brikwars game mechanics?

as in each fig gets a speed value which is higher for heros, you declare the actions before you act, and then you roll a number of D6 equal to your speed, and for each 4+ you get to perform one of the actions you declared.

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Re: the action based turn system

Post by lrdofbricks » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:23 am

OneEye589 wrote:
lrdofbricks wrote:1. figures with nothing else to do can move twice as far at the cost of doing other things: helpful if your away from combat
1. Sprinting? You can move in a straight line at twice max speed already if you don't attack.

3. I didn't think it did anyway. If it's in your path, I just say it's a free action.

4. You can already do this. You move half your speed, fire, then you can move the rest of your speed.
4. a good point, but athe origanal reason for this was to asses the difficulties of movement. for example, moving 1 inch is easy, but moving 1 inch over a fence and moving 1 inch through a window are decidly harder.
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:26 pm

Earlier versions of BrikWars accounted for difficult movement. It was a good idea in theory, but in actual play it just ended up bogging down the game without making gameplay any more interesting. So I streamlined it back out again.

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:36 pm

true, but in smaller battle with more custimization, its sometimes good to be able to go more in depth. maybe you could add the complicated rules from 2001 as a expansion for small, in depth games.
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Post by MasterEcabob » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:34 pm

Or he could do something thats actually worth of his time?

I mean, seriously, is it that hard to just fudge things/use your own house rules? I fail to see why you would want him to include such a thing...
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:12 am

doesn't matter to me, i already have the indepth rules figured out. if you guys don't want to have that option, thats fine
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Post by MasterEcabob » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:54 pm

Right, since you've already got it down (and many people seem to have their own way of doing things) I don't really see why you would need to burden Rayhawk with the task of adding it to the rulebook.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:56 pm

sorry man, i was just making a suggestion. if you hate the idea so much, forget i ever posted it.
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me