Royalist Faction: House DeVerre

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Royalist Faction: House DeVerre

Post by Bragallot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:49 am

It's been a while since I've posted a faction, but trust me I have a lote more figs I haven't yet shown.

The Imperial House DeVerre

In the Kingdom’s south lie House DeVerre’s ‘Imperial Grounds’. Of all the feudal factions, these self-declared ‘Imperials’ possess the largest territory. House DeVerre carries great responsibility because they are charged with guarding the border of the Kingdom. People travelling from north to south may suspect they are independent for multiple reasons. They are the only Royalist faction that doesn’t include the royal red of their monarch’s house in their attire or banners, but they do port the typical royal lion head on their shields. House DeVerre has its own coins and laws. The king allows this because the DeVerre family has always been very loyal and suffered the most under the pressure of invasion armies. They keep their own business, but also problems, away from the rest of the Kingdom, and are respected for this. House DeVerre has strong ties with the Magus Guild and the Starcapes and frequently integrate these groups into their armies or work together with them. The nobles themselves organise their lands, regions and armies, and manage this very well, but they don’t fight, always leaving this to others.

They have to maintain a strong standing army to protect the borders of the Kingdom against mainly Bull Tribe expansionists / refugees. Their victories are always greatly celebrated in their own domain but the rest of the Kingdom isn’t always informed directly, the ‘Empire’ more than confident it can take care of it’s own. The Imperials like battles up close and personal, and thus ‘glorious’. Therefore their armies boast strong infantry but is seen as a susceptible force because of their lack of swift cavalry and actual archers. These weaknesses haven’t struck them in the form of defeats yet, though, their army deemed ‘invincible’ by themselves.

Flag Guard

The most skilful knight in the region is always chosen to guard the Imperial flag, the grinning lion their most important sign of dominance on the battlefield.

Halberdiers

These men are recruited to counter the Bull Tribe phalanx formations. Their shields are too small to imitate their formations but they may present their enemies with a deadly wall of pikes just as well, and make up for it with their heavy armour. Their numbers are kept limited because their actual specialty is fighting horsemen, and they don’t often have to face these.

Swordsmen

Swordsmen form the bulk of the imperial forces. Their medium armour makes them a versatile unit. Since they often comprise of younger recruits an experienced sergeant is always kept near to lead them.

Elite swordsmen

Elite swordsmen are those recruits that show exceptional skill at the academy or those soldiers who are promoted from the regular swordsmen. They are given fine longswords and uniforms. Only a fool would mistake them for parade troops.

Sir Knight-Marshal Cales and bodyguards

The flag guard may be elected annually from the tournament winning knights, but the Knight-Marshal is elected differently. He is chosen from the border captains by the Imperial Marshal before him when this one retires. Cales is perhaps a woman-loving (as seen in his choice for bodyguards), flamboyant type of commander, but this doesn’t keep him from doing his job well, and he is very popular amongst the soldiers, and revered for his victories even beyond the Empire.

Starcapes

These men hail, perhaps unsurprisingly, from the castle of Starkeep, which defends the westernmost pass into the Kingdom. In exchange for money and materials they have given up their sovereignty to the Empire and thus have no real ‘lord’ anymore. They are more interested in their work, making gunpowder weapons and experimenting them, than politics anyway. On the battlefield the Starcapes, each man a skilled sharpshooter, inspire fear in their enemies, armour made almost obsolete against their weaponry. Their main disadvantage however, is that no defending infantry can be placed in front of them lest they be hit themselves like it is done with archers, making them very susceptible once the enemy manages to get through to them. Therefore Starcapes have started training themselves in the way of the Hitokiri to their north, and have also commissioned a set of their fearsome blades, but it may take them some time to accomplish this and become more than what they are now. Regardless, Starcapes are considered amongst the elite of all the forces in the Kingdom.

Faction assembled

30 minifigs total: 1 Sir Knight-Marshal Cales, 1 Flag Guard, 2 Bodyguards, 6 Starcapes, 6 Elite Swordsmen, 6 Halberdiers, 7 Swordsmen, 1 Sergeant.
Last edited by Bragallot on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:51 am

Kick-ass. Hard to describe how much I like these.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:01 am

Give it a try? :twisted: :wink:

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:45 am

I just like how unified it is. KKI knight's have superb decals, nice to see that many stuck together. Rifle guys are neat too, you have a lot of capes. All in all, great looking.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:16 pm

Yeah, they do look nice, but the con to it is that these torso's (mainly the knight's) were made at the cost of actual euro armour. This was already the case with royal knights, fright knights and dragon knights for all I know though, though I never got the chance at buying many of these sets. Compared to the torso's of those sets they are - at least - at the same level. I think I've said it before but I like the typical english-style brimmed helmets (about the only new thing introduced in KKI I think) above the rest.

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:49 pm

man I love these helmets I trye3d to buy some on Brick Link awhile back but they are just to expensive. :( Nice guys
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:53 pm

Yeah, I saw some for 2 euros a piece once (way too expensive). That's probably because they appeared in these sets only, whereas nose protector helmets, archer helmets, dragon helmets etc. appeared in a lot more.

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:20 am

Well the lack of euro armor is kinda letdown, but they make some very nice infantry, and kk1 guys blend in well with th new crownies, who come with armors...

brickman1444
Battlefield General

Post by brickman1444 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:20 am

You know, a house DeVerred against itself cannot stand.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:35 am

I'm missing the point here. What do you mean?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:32 pm

"A house divided can not stand", it's a famous quote from... Abraham Lincoln? Not sure at what point in his life though.

EDIT: Nice stuff, I always liked Lego Castle.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:59 pm

I thought it was some kind of pun, but I decided to play safe :P