Sparrowhawk Class XI Elven Fighter

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Arkbrik, Hoboman

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Sparrowhawk Class XI Elven Fighter

Post by Olothontor » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:56 pm

Okay, so I just spent two days making this thing. ADMIRE IT! I got bored Monday (the day when both of my parents are at college), and carried through into Tuesday with it. I got fairly close to an all-nighter working on this beauty. And now for some fluff material:

The Elven Imperium in 5037 quickly became the greatest Empire in the universes, with the help of Gnomish technology, Demonic weaponry, and their own economic cunning. Their warships were some of the most feared in the Material Universe at the time, and their fighters even more so. Their most infamous is the Sparrowhawk Class XI Scouter. It's maneuverability and speed in combat gave it a huge tactical advantage, and it's weapons were feared for their accuracy. But of course, being Elven, they hid their weapons cleverly on the ships, concealing them with either cloaking technology or intuitive application of metal sheets. These ships were either decorative awards or issued to officers and higher ranking military personnel, making them relatively easy to spot in the midst of the battle.

Yes, before you ask, I am planning on making this a Brikwars army at some point. Hang in there, I need to finish blueprinting. And when I'm done that, I'll need money. It'll be a little ways down the road before this is done.

Also, a slight disclaimer: This was stolen directly from Commander Evil's Imperial Legion Sprites. Sorry, Commander, I couldn't resist. I'm sure I deserve the brow-beating I'm about to receive.

Alright, now you get the actual pictures. This first is the original from Commander Evil's harpy squadron, turned 90 degrees and given some engine exhaust.

This is just the same design as above, with a color change and the addition of a visor and an extra stripe.

This is expounding on my design a bit more, adding on some cool nose and wing detailing (and more stripes).

Okay, this is where I went a little crazy with it. I kept going along with the cool viney pattern.

...And going...

Until this was my final result! I also managed to thin the stripes as you go farther along the wings. That turned out well.

And with that, I head off to my shower, as it is that time. I will be back later tonight watching this post, just for kicks. Post any nasty comments or praise in here!

EDIT: I did that color change and all that other detailing pixel by pixel. That's why it took me a couple days to finish. That and the fact that I'm fairly nit-picky didn't help...
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Leonardo812
Nice Dubs

Post by Leonardo812 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:21 pm

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Olothontor » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:39 pm

Thank you. And just for the heck of it, here's a side-by-side comparison of the original fighter and final result for you all to enjoy.

ImageImage
-=[ Visage ]=-

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:46 pm

yess, good work. you are getting very sleepy. you are looseing controll of your mind. piltogg now holds it in his hands. he comands your every action. NOW MAKE IT OUT OF LEGOS or the brain gets it :twisted: muhhahaha

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Olothontor » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:21 am

It could be done. Give me a lego store, a selection of some of the most purple piece-intensive sets, and a couple of free days (like a weekend), and I'm good. The only thing that would be a problem in that list is the second one. There aren't many purple pieces in lego, don'tcha know.

EDIT: And I would need to make the decals, but that comes after I make the model i want to put them on, measure it, and then go buy waterslide transfer paper, and... you get the picture. The actual decals would probably take an extra weekend, if I'm lucky. Just as a heads up.
-=[ Visage ]=-

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:25 pm

ahh so you actualy have time to do things over the weekend? because my weekends are usualy even busyer than my weekdays.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Olothontor » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:15 pm

Yep. My weekdays are usually free too, I just use that time to get writing done. The weekends are when I sit down to play all manner of games, whether it be D&D or Brikwars, or Warcraft III... the list goes on. And when I get bored with the gaming, I stay up all night building and tweaking previous Brikwars creations. I have it all planned.
-=[ Visage ]=-

jophfy
Hero

Post by jophfy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:20 pm

Wow I rarley have free time. Nice creation yah as Piltogg said you should make it out of legos that would be cool. 8)

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:58 pm

I did not say it should be done.
I used mind controll?!?!?1 8)

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Olothontor » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:24 pm

That's probably the only reason I'm doing it. . .
-=[ Visage ]=-

Lamorte42
BrikWars Legend

Post by Lamorte42 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:50 am

Foward swept wings. I wonder what that does for maneuverability and stuff. Cool design.
"You can't say civilizations don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a
new way."

Commander Evil
Hero

Post by Commander Evil » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:43 am

wow, someone still browses my maj?

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Olothontor » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:34 pm

Indeed I do. Sorry, I apologize for not asking you if I could use it first...
-=[ Visage ]=-

Commander Evil
Hero

Post by Commander Evil » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:45 am

oh its fine, although more credit should go to my buddy RFZ, he made the plane, I edited the cockpit.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Olothontor » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:00 am

I'll be sure to let all the people who've seen it know that.
-=[ Visage ]=-