What houserules do you use?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:35 pm

thank you for that information. i will kep that in mind.
my sisters probably wouldnt know the difference between medival weapons and railguns in legos
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:36 am

Blitzen wrote:malevolent architecture.
Very cool idea for Brikwar games. 8) I might try it myself.

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:10 pm

this is not a reply to above...

here are some basic fudge/rules that i use.

in regarding large amounts of blast damage to squads the damage is distributed to th3e SQUAD that is if the squad were a vehicle the damage grinds it up rather that having 6d10 effect everyone, this is nice because it lets people field squads and not feel that its pointless to do. when ever a vehicle explodes everyone inside is entitled to a chance roll, 4 or better on a 1d6 and they survive otherwise death. for ship rules go to the auxiliary rules section, though one of the most important i think is boosting the speed limit to 30" and having the large ship engines based around how much of the ship they move, ie percentqage amount of 30" times the basic build cp of the ship, also no weapon length limits (that they can be contructed to ) in space though you still can't have more than double your length in weapons. also fighters if not engaged in combat can boost move double thier base rate. as can SWMD's and assault shuttles. mainly because if you have a large enough crew thier is no limit to the amount of stuff you can target and accuratly hit, more lego men more skill more death, so this allows shuttles and fighter a better chance at survival/delivering thier payload.

this is a reply to the above post...

it would be cool to build that way i wish a had a rash of standard 2x4 and 2x2 bricks for things like that.
DARN
Heavy Destroyer Class Carrier Hybrid HODGEPODGE
# odds and ends: a motley assortment of things
# patchwork: a theory or argument made up of miscellaneous or incongruous ideas

manbird
Battlefield General

Post by manbird » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:23 pm

If you're in an apc and it blows up, you have much worse than a 4 out of 6 chance to live.

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:36 am

^ What he said.

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:09 am

i just think its funnier than hell when a pilot manages to survive the destruction of his ship around him then takes part of his said ship to bash in the heads of the offensive troops that shot him down.
DARN
Heavy Destroyer Class Carrier Hybrid HODGEPODGE
# odds and ends: a motley assortment of things
# patchwork: a theory or argument made up of miscellaneous or incongruous ideas

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:06 pm

Okay, I've compiled a few houserules that I use.

~~~~

1. If you roll a Critical Success you get a Bonus Die of that type. So if you roll a 10 on a d10, you get an extra d10 instead of just a d6. This affects explosive ranges.

2. Critical Fails do not apply to damage or defense, everything else is still fair game.

3. A minifig is able to roll 1d6 instead of just using 4 as his defense if he wishes.

4. Creations can also wear Body Armor (that includes tanks and things of that nature).

~~~~

A few more in a bit. I'm trying to work out the maths behind all of the weapons so I can make perfect ways to make your own and have them be balanced.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Okay, figured out the things for making your own weapons.

+2 damage = +1 CP and +0.5 Use
+3" range = +1 CP and +0.33 Use
Two-handed = Round CP and Use down instead of up

They work backwards, too. They don't well with launcher types though. Also, they can be used to add to a minifig or creation under a circumstance and with a choice of whether they want to be used or not. Also, decrease the cost by 1CP such as:

+1CP = Increase damage of close combat weapons by 1d6, but increase the use rating by 1 if you do so

Some more houserules:

~~~

5. As seen in the above stat-changers, the allowance of 0.25, 0.5, and 0.75 CP is allowed, but must be rounded accordingly.

6. A pilot is considered to use his Movement Action towards piloting whatever he is driving and his regular Action towards operating any other controls.

7. Explosives fired from a launcher can have unlimited ammunition, but you must pay triple the price and the launcher must wait one turn between shots.

~~~

And I think this last group may be it. They are special additions that you can give to creations and minifigs for a price.

+2CP = Natural body armor. Same as regular body armor, but no move penalty
+(0.5 of Base CP without weapons) = If hit by an attack, flip a coin. On tails, the defender takes no damage.