OTC Stats

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Leprechaun
Hero

OTC Stats

Post by Leprechaun » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:17 pm

One last question before I disappear into the mist, following pes and many others. What stats do you use for an OTC?
Kick Ass? Win? 10 d10s?
Damnit! Where's my camera?

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:00 am

1d20 hull ripper use 5

you have to be awesome to use it.
'hullripper' can tear a gaping hole in the side of a ship. or lop off cannons thicker than a lego man is tall.
DARN
Heavy Destroyer Class Carrier Hybrid HODGEPODGE
# odds and ends: a motley assortment of things
# patchwork: a theory or argument made up of miscellaneous or incongruous ideas

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:51 pm

My idea:

The OTC has an UR of 2 and can only be used by Heroes, Iceworlders and other suitably awesome persons. A Critical Failure on the Skill check means the OTC hits its user. Anything hit by the OTC loses D6 Structure Points (meaning minifigs are instantly killed).

Professor Ken
Officer

Post by Professor Ken » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:23 pm

I usually rate OTCs as being about 2d10 when used in melee, and 3d10 and 4d10 when fired from launchers and missile tubes, respectively. Outside of massive 5-inch laser cannons, they're the strongest artillery a unit can field, and certainly the most powerful a single infantryman can use on his own, since they're a Size 1 weapon with a Size 3 or 4 power.

I usually play OTCs as "explosives", because no super death weapon is truly great unless it makes things blow up. They're unwieldy in melee combat, but very well suited as anti-vehicle and area attack weapons. A well-placed shot can cripple a heavy battle tank, or slice an enemy APC into bits.

Of course, OTCs are very unfair weapons, but considering how I only have a handful of them, it still makes conventional weapons necessary. Besides, when is Brikwars ever "fair"?
Were it that simple...

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:07 pm

Mine have a use of 5 and an istant kill on minifigs with 1d20 damage for heros and vehicles.

dcl32
Minifig
Location: In Afghanistan providing supressive fire with an M60

Post by dcl32 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Maybe it's sheer awesomeness is too amazing to graph with normal dice

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:27 pm

If so, then this:

Anyhting attacked by the OTC dies, because if something got struck by an OTC and survived, it would be totally unrealistic.

Ranger S2H
Minifig
Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Post by Ranger S2H » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:29 am

here an idea: whenever an OTC hits it does 2D10 explosive damage as well, because a wave of pure awesomeness strikes down anyone nearby.

note that the fig holding the OTC, who has to be awesome to use it, is not affected by the awesome-wave because he is awesome himself.

enemy characters that are awesome arent affected as well, as how else could you have an awesome/epic duel with OTC when one of the combatant keeps being blown away?
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?

Fulizer
Minifig

Post by Fulizer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:11 pm

Ranger S2H wrote:here an idea: whenever an OTC hits it does 2D10 explosive damage as well, because a wave of pure awesomeness strikes down anyone nearby.

note that the fig holding the OTC, who has to be awesome to use it, is not affected by the awesome-wave because he is awesome himself.

enemy characters that are awesome arent affected as well, as how else could you have an awesome/epic duel with OTC when one of the combatant keeps being blown away?
My brother, who happened to be reading this post, agrees with this. so do I

EDIT:
Could this guy beat the armoured core?

Ranger S2H
Minifig
Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Post by Ranger S2H » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:44 am

I think he can beat it, but its also a possibility he would simply vanish into nothing, overtaken by the extreme amounts of uncontrolled awesomeness in his weapon.
on the other hand, its an iceworlder.
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:45 pm

It would shoot him before he got close enough.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Maybe, as soon as the OTC is revealed (for the first time) all enemies within 6" of it instantly lose their action. Enemy's in hand to hand combat (range) have a minus modifier to all actions -1 or something. The OTC's damage is the ability to cut through any and all things (Shields, armour, Organic bits or whatever) in a turn. So what the OTC can reach in a sweep is destroyed/cut in two or pierced, up to the physical depth of the OTC. The holder of the OTC gets a boost to their own rolls, the inability to fumble. While they hold the OTC a roll of a one is just that, a one and nothing more.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:50 pm

I Think the OTC is so powerful that Whoever has more of them in their army wins instantly.

Professor Ken
Officer

Post by Professor Ken » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:48 pm

I personally believe instant wins are awarded only to those players who bring enough Doritos and Pepsi (or doughnuts and beer if Warhead's involved) to sufficiently bribe his opponents into concurring. OTCs should be very powerful, perhaps unfairly so, but not game-breaking powerful. Where's the fun if you win automatically?
Were it that simple...

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:10 am

I looked for just a picture or just the clip everywhere, but couldn't find it. Here's a little bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO68zwTXFWk

Pause the movie JUST as it starts. If you miss it, pause it and drag it all the way back to the beginning.

REAL LIFE OTC.