Paranoia

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Paranoia

Post by birdman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:59 pm

This here is the topic post for the forum Paranoia campaign that I'm GMing. We currently have a total of 6 players in the party (being Nitewatchman, 501stCadians, Warhead, Gorchek, Dr. Vlad, and Arkbrik)

New players are welcome to PM me at any time during the campaign in order to join in. No stats are necessary to play (as all the players are generic Red-class humans), all that will be needed is a d20 roll from time to time.

This campaign will be handled through the forum's private message system. The way this will work is that everyone will PM me their orders. Once all orders are in, I will decide what happens, I will post what every player sees in this thread, and then I will send each player a PM detailing anything else that that player specifically notices. Once you get that PM, it is up to you whether or not to share

--------------------------------------
The following section is for players.

The six of you were called into a dark conference room over the intercom. You all came, being quite nervous at what you would be told. The conference room is quite dark. You can't clearly see each other. A holo-screen is set up at the far end of the room, showing a sequence of pictures of various personnel. A voice over the intercom explained that all of you have been selected for your unique skills in your particular area. The pictures being shown on the screen are of communist mutants that are maintaining a hideout in sector Theta. You are to investigate the hideout before capturing or terminating all those who are in the hideout. Your reward for success in the mission will be promotion to Orange-class citizens. Your penalty for failure is death. The voice tells you to head to sector Phi immediately, in order to recieve special-issue equipment for your mission.

You all have 20 clones stored in your personal quarters, and full equipment (as detailed in your personal PMs). What do you do?

EDIT: I changed my mind. No more players.
Also, orders must be in within one day, or I will control your character.
Last edited by birdman on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:42 pm

Sounds fun.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

Dr. Vlad
Officer

Post by Dr. Vlad » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:02 pm

Orders in 8)

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:04 pm

Now we're just waiting on nitewatchman and gorchek. This is going to be fun already.

EDIT: Just gorchek.
Last edited by birdman on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:02 pm

Sent mah orderves.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:11 am

Will non-players be able to read this?

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:41 am

guess.
i might read the rules, and ask to join if like the idea.
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:52 pm

Sorry for the late first update folks, I had a minor family emergency I had to attend to last night.

As the holo-screen flicks off in the conference room, everyone stands up and gazes warily around at each other. You all have been assigned to work on the same project, which means you're all in the same boat. Warhead starts asking people about themselves and everyone else follows.

Eventually, 501st walks over to Nitewatchman and swings a punch at him, missing by a mile. A burst of static is heard over the intercom and two hidden doors swing open, out of which come six guards with laser machine guns. The intercom states that violence is treason, and the guards attack 501st. 501st, give me 6 d20 rolls.

Everyone else heads towards the turbo-trams to sector Phi. After a spot of walking, everyone gets in the waiting tram and off it goes. Everyone roll 1d20.

Now accepting cycle 2 orders.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:57 pm

501st, you twat. You didn't even make it out the conference room. *sigh*

Orders PM'd

Once we get the equipment, I take it we're all happy enough there is no surprise in store at sector Phi, this is Paranoia, after all. Who among us will do the scouting of the mutants base? Job Opportunity?

I want to look through the equipment and get an inventory of the equipment in order to assess our assets. I don't suppose there is a few OTC's included, is there?

Gorchek
Officer

Post by Gorchek » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:58 pm

Don't worry, Warhead. 501st' next clone should join us quickly enough. As for the scouting, I'm willing to volonter.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:22 am

Good man. We need one more volunteer. A team mate to cover Gorchek. I think we should work in groups of at least two. Just in case.

Dr. Vlad
Officer

Post by Dr. Vlad » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:17 am

I'll join.....I guess. But only if I get an extra share of the new equipment :P

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:12 am

We're just waiting on Nitewatchman now.

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:35 pm

Here we go.

After you all enter the turbo-tram (501st's 1st clone narrowly making it onto the tram before it takes off), talking strategy amongst each other, the tram takes off, on its way to sector Phi. At about this time you all notice that a control panel on the side of the tram is hanging open and a strange green glow is emitting from it. Everyone give me a d20 roll. Nitewatchman takes advantage of everyone paying attention to the control panel to rip the pants off of Dr. Vlad.

Now accepting cycle 3 orders. The tram will arrive at your stop in about 10 minutes.

Dr. Vlad
Officer

Post by Dr. Vlad » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:25 pm

Everyone attack Nileman! I want my pants back! :oops: