Hero

Double post nothing to see here

Post by eviljack » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Sorry double post

Jaeman
Champion
Champion

Post by Jaeman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:52 pm

Your lack of things to see disappoints me. if you're going to make a useless thread at least put something cool in it!

Since this is the rulebook thread, I offer the following suggestion: since there is already a fan supplement in progress (brick-space), why not compile a Fan supplement to include the various changes currently holding in forum rules? It's nearly 2010, if we publish a year or two late then we can have the supplement out as part of a five year anniversary for the 2005 ruleset.

Things to include:
Auto-fire rules
Medic Rules
Mechanic Rules
Expanded Small Arms (the Book Of Armaments)
Also: a unit can have as many guns/missiles etc. as it wants, but may only fire X amount per turn without suffering adverse effects (if a player forgets, diverse catastrophies abound)
(More Examples later?)

And here's a rule I've been kicking around:

Characters:

To the standard mini-fig, All Guns fall into two categories: Rifles And Pistols. These masses of figs could care less about the cool features of their weapons, so long as they shoot and kill stuff, anytime a regular mini-fig picks up a gun, he may only use the Stats of his national pistol or a rifle (trained service weapon stats may vary). However, A Hero and his buddies know that the more ways to take life the better! The Hero and other "characters" gain full benefits of their arsenal: Deagles, a 50. Cal Sniper rifles, Micro-Submachineguns, Souped-up Assault rifles, and whatever else the players may find acceptable.

Characters should be limited to a few of the hero's best buddies in large games, The elite soldiers who aren't heroes themselves, But in small games may make up all figs on each team.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:23 pm

Minifigs only recognize things as rifles or pistols because players can never remember which weapon is which if you're playing in groups of more than one.

Jaeman
Champion
Champion

Post by Jaeman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:34 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Minifigs only recognize things as rifles or pistols because players can never remember which weapon is which if you're playing in groups of more than one.
Correct. But we can still try to appeal to the whole range of gamers, even if we fail miserably at it.

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:18 am

i like the charcter idea, execpt it reduces the flexibility of a modern fig. i would still allow figs to use all kinds of weapons, but i would limit CHARCTERS to one type of weapon (pistol, rifles, etc) but they get massive bonuses becuase they are highly trained in that feild of weaponary.
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:09 pm

I like to use weapons that fire in different aways, with characteristics and properties like splash damage, aiming over a turn, or more than one shot. I do however think that the rifles/pistols could be expanded, with a modification table.

Coximind
Minifig

Post by Coximind » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:22 am

I treat characters like any other unit. They simply have unique stats, and there's typically only one of them. Beyond that, they're like anything else you might have.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
Bullshit.

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:31 am

Or everyone who's posted in this thread wanting some addition to the 2005 rules could just read the 2001 rules.

AdrianTheGeek
Cannon Fodder

Post by AdrianTheGeek » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:53 pm

birdman wrote:Or everyone who's posted in this thread wanting some addition to the 2005 rules could just read the 2001 rules.
My head exploded last time I tried to play the 2001 rules.
james+burgundy wrote:nice parts
james+burgundy wrote:Think you can get me the guys number
james+burgundy wrote:O I was hoping he'd stay at my place

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Wow, really? I'll need to give those a try then. :D

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:13 pm

try playing the 2034 rules! They didn't* even exist at the time this post was* made!

this might be read by somebody in the year 2035 so I've put it in the past tense.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

eviljack
Hero

Post by eviljack » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Yeah just as I thought. There is still NOTHING worth seeing here.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:19 pm

This died when Coximind posted. Leave the dead alone. OH MY GOSH, SICKOS! STOP MOLESTING THE DEAD BODY!