The Apocalyptic Gun

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:56 pm

Part of the Fun Police's job is to make sure people have fun in the RIGHT ways.

What would be more fun in Brikwars; someone spending all their CP on a gigantic bomb to go off in the middle of the map killing everything instantly, or an actual battle with minifigs and creations actually fighting eachother with bloodshed and it being more of an actual game?

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:37 am

While I addressed this question in one of the sidebars, let me ask you THIS: Would it be more fun to play a very short game with a guy who brought on the game-ending apocalypse in the first turn, or to get stuck in a full drawn-out game sitting across from the kind of player who wants to bring on a game-ending apocalypse in the first turn but isn't allowed to?

As long as he ends it quick, you have plenty of time to start a new game with someone who's actually there to play. Efficient!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:38 am

All true, but you missed the entire point of the exercise. You disrupted us in mid bullshit. That is what burst our bubble. :lol:

Coximind
Minifig

Post by Coximind » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:05 am

Warhead wrote:It builds up the excitement as you watch this guy rolling a thousand D10's... right up to the point when he gets the calculator out and you brain him with your empty beer bottle.
Nooooo, it's a thousand sided die. Didn't you listen? The minimum (on mine) happens to be zero. The maximum (on mine) happens to be 999.
stubby wrote:While I addressed this question in one of the sidebars, let me ask you THIS: Would it be more fun to play a very short game with a guy who brought on the game-ending apocalypse in the first turn, or to get stuck in a full drawn-out game sitting across from the kind of player who wants to bring on a game-ending apocalypse in the first turn but isn't allowed to?

As long as he ends it quick, you have plenty of time to start a new game with someone who's actually there to play. Efficient!

Not quite. I keep it handy in the event that I have to leave a game; it pretty much stays unknown about until it looks like we aren't going to see things to the end. I don't even really have a physical representation of it. It's basically a "classik" end-er of battles that can't end on their own.

It's just more interesting because sometimes, once in a great while, it fails. Especially with the skill roll.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
Bullshit.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:42 pm

A D1000 is a ball with numbers on it.

Coximind
Minifig

Post by Coximind » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Not necessarily.

Many gamers who have need of a hundred sided die use a normal ten-sided die, and another one like it, except it might say 00, 10, 20, etc. the normal one tells you the ones place, and the not so normal one tells you the tens place.

For instance, if the tens-die says 20 and the ones-die said 6, that would be 26.

For my thousand sided die, I simply use an extra tens-die of a different color to represent the hundreds place.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
Bullshit.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:42 pm

Yes, I am aware of the magic values of dice and the ways of rolling high values. *sigh* :? It is possible that the thousand D10's were a joke bordering on sarcasm. Sorry, you missed it but do not panic for another sarcasm is sure to be arriving soon. :roll:

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Sarcasm? Here? I couldn't imagine it.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:51 pm

Less fun but legal. :D

Tuefish
Dimmy

Post by Tuefish » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:08 am

Warhead wrote: Less fun but legal. :D
Sarcasm is legal?! since when?
Also; Sarcasm isn't fun at all. :roll:
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds

Ranger S2H
Minifig
Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Post by Ranger S2H » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:33 am

1000 10 sided dies with a critical failure is like Einstein dividing something by zero
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?

Coximind
Minifig

Post by Coximind » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:03 pm

Wow, two whole pages without derailing! :mbd: for such a thing.
Bullshit.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Tuefish wrote:
Warhead wrote: Less fun but legal. :D
Sarcasm is legal?! since when?
Also; Sarcasm isn't fun at all. :roll:
Ok, ok, perhaps Legal is too strong a word. Perhaps more deniable and harder to prove (depending on the intelligence of the target) is what I meant.

@ Coximind... Derailed?

Damn!!! Back on topic again!

Coximind
Minifig

Post by Coximind » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:24 am

Oooohh, so we do it on purpose? Let me try!

Bullshit.