The Fist General of the soon-to-be-named army, Carrnevil9 wrote:If I were to recall the point of this sub forum, it was to corral intelligent thought without a chance that a wild piltogg or a rabid james+ running it all amok. Does it bother me that both of them have hundreds more posts than I? No, not really. A single well placed response does more damage than hundreds of color-edited misspelled hurricanes, if only in my mind. It seems to me that comrade Blitzen is envious of the frat house down the way that is always partying. This leaves us with several options (not all these options are endorsed by Carrnevil9 or the Non-Dimmy Party) :
1. Boycott the main forums. While drastic, it would be possible to effectively kill many of the topics that we've all lovingly created in the main forums by simply letting them become overgrown with dimmies. Then, when the apex dimmy population is reached, we could bomb it. Wait, no, that doesn't work that way... Either way, any post here neglects the main forums. This must be realized above all.
2. Start some intelligent polls. Nothing gets users going like thinking that what they say somehow reflects their fellow man's opinion. Just because we can construct a coherent scentence doesn't mean that we all agree that peach minifigures are OK. Perhaps some of us here shop at Wal-Mart. Allow rational debate, even if everyone is wrong.
3. Just because access is locked doesn't mean that a user wants to join that group. It may be that unlocking this forum is has the same effect on them as unlocking Jigglypuff in SSB does on me- that is, none (I am not trying to say that I'm not glad to be here, I'm saying that I don't give a rat's ass about Jigglypuff). Since asking Rayhawk to faction-ize (or denote with an icon) his forums is rather gross, I'd suggest that we all think of something that we can contribute- be it art (wizards and spaceships), Fill in the speech bubble comics, in depth set review criticism, or... something. I'm really grasping at straws here. Being good often isn't very rewarding, even in the long run.
4. Dimmies are a recognizable evil. This isn't a matter where you press your finger on their chest sticker and eventually a Decepticon emblem appears. If they are dimmies, we must be more than the absence of dimmy; the Bizzaro Dimmies. We don't call them Anti-Decepticons, we call them Autobots. We don't call them Anti-Packers, we call them Vikings. We have no identity because all that binds us is Blitzen's selection (that was not intended to be a slam against Blitz). In short, we need an icon or a mascot.
5. Should none of the above options be possible, we could just post in these forums to make the icon light up orange. Orange is a pretty good color, right? I mean, it's probably on my top ten. After blue though. Blue is pretty high up there. I mean, way better than yellow. You can't even compare yellow to blue without talking about green though. Green, the illegitimate evil twin of Orange, because yellow obviously gets around a lot...
I thank you for your time and look forward to your responses, which you WILL post here to make BLITZEN very HAPPY. Because NONE of us want to make a girl cry. Unless we're really mean. And hate puppies. We're talking seriously mean here.
NONE of you want to make me cry.