heyo! heavy MG!

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

heyo! heavy MG!

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:26 pm

now that the rules for autofire have (finally) been decided, i present you with a variation of the same thing: the Heavy Machinegun.

(note: not mine, but i needed a quick picture to get the idea across).

the heavy MG is a weapon designed specifically for the purpose of mowing down several units at once, or providing suppresive fire. a heavy MG does both.

to use, it is quite simple. the heavy MG has a 12" range, and attacks all targets within a cone of fire (hooray fingercones!). to determine damage, it is as follows. first, make a successful skill roll (over 4) against targets in the cone. then, do 1d10 - (fingercone) points damage. EXAMPLE: a two finger cone is 1d10-2 damage, 3 fingers is 1d10-3, etc. if a target is taking the entire blunt of the attack (this means that at both cone ends, the target overlaps), then you do double damage. the downside of this weapon is that it requires a turn to set it up (open up the tripods, etc), but the payout is worth it.

HMGs also provide suppresive fire. any unit caught within the cone for longer than one(1) turn is suppressed. this means they can't take any action other than movement, and even that is reduced by 1d4 inches.

in a similar vein, miniguns follow the same rules, but with 1d12-(fingercone) damage instead. they also take a full turn to warm up, but minifigs can walk while firing them (at 1" per turn).

any of these weapons can be made bigger and put on vehicles by using standard "multiply by weapon size" rules, except range is only increased by 6" for each size up.

Matt
Officer

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:17 pm

Thank you oh brilliant Fourth Stead!
"One can never have enough miniguns my friend."
I hope I get to say that Someday.....
My Flickr
http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vi ... &ref=flink

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:25 pm

Quite interesting, but the Minigun is much easier to make, looks cooler, rotates and was made by somebody here. Stop endorsing rivaling websites, jeez :roll: In any case, the rules are nice as I've stated in the topics actually made for them. I mainly came here to pick on your choice of gun. Their actually the rules I used to mulch bunches of Dan's guys during Armageddon. See the front page for the battle.
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:43 pm

Nice work IV on the rules, and thank you King o' Brix for the recognition =D
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Wow really cool, looks space pirate like. and I don't think that's the best example of a Lego mini gun (it's kinda ugly!)
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:07 pm

honestly, i just typed in MG42 onto brickshelf and hit the first image. this was more about the rules, not the gun (which is a heavy MG, not a minigun).

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:59 am

I was talking about the link to a minigun King of Brix gave. I love the MG42!!!!!
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Thu May 08, 2008 10:48 pm

IVhorseman wrote:honestly, i just typed in MG42 onto brickshelf and hit the first image. this was more about the rules, not the gun (which is a heavy MG, not a minigun).
Did you know:

MG42s are prized for their extremely high rate of fire, 1200 rounds per minute (rpm). When fired, they produce a sound kind of like tearing paper, which is again caused by the high rate of fire. The mutilated Lego MG which IVhorseman posted above is not an MG42, MG42s are belt-fed (they don't have drum magazine) and do not have a flared muzzle.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu May 08, 2008 11:43 pm

Dr. X wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:honestly, i just typed in MG42 onto brickshelf and hit the first image. this was more about the rules, not the gun (which is a heavy MG, not a minigun).
your dillema is solved by my words you quoted! again, i just shot in the word MG42 into brikshelf. yes i know that MG42s are belt-fed. they were also nick-named "Piltogg's buzzsaw" due to the sound they made.

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Fri May 09, 2008 11:27 am

Wow, you're the first person I know who's know the "Piltogg's Buzzsaw" name! Besides MG42freak on another forum. He's a freak about them.

Joetrillion
Officer

Post by Joetrillion » Sun May 11, 2008 6:27 am

Just thought id say the picture of the machine gun in the 1st post isn't exactly a heavy machine gun but a light machine gun.

youaredoome0
Hero

Post by youaredoome0 » Sun May 11, 2008 8:17 am

Those rules look solid, except I would like to see a cost as an example. I'm not going to beat on you for the picture.
Maybe something more like this: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2749004

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun May 11, 2008 9:58 am

Well that's a minigun. i'm focusing more on heavy MGs than miniguns, but providing rules for their usage since they're basically the same thing. ish.

Personally, i don't like dealing with CP because i don't like math and dicking around with it. but if you REALLY want it, i'd say that about 8-10 CP worth?

as a side note to suppression, i want to give suppressed players an option to GTFO from suppression. so i'm thinking if an officer or hero spends an action, they can order units to "get out of suppression" for one turn. by sheer force of will.