My pre , pre pre apoycalyptic tank

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:26 pm

surprisingly enough, your average horse has about four horsepower. so that'd make yours about 16.

other than that, not bad at all! i like it.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Almighty Benny » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:39 pm

IVhorseman wrote:surprisingly enough, your average horse has about four horsepower. so that'd make yours about 16.

I don't know where you heard that, but a horsepower is literally the measure of the amount of force over time an average sized horse can pull "indefinitely". Horsepower refers to sustained force rather than unsustained (instantaneous) force. In fact, a horsepower is usually considered to be a slight overestimation.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Rayhawk » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:12 pm

Probably due to the fact that horses eventually die, which tends to diminish their average for work output over time.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Blitzen » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:18 pm

Wikipedia Horsepower article - <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower#Horsepower_from_a_horse">Horsepower from a Horse</a> wrote:R. D. Stevenson and R. J. Wasserzug published an article in Nature 364, 195-195 (15 July 1993) calculating the upper limit to an animal's power output. The peak power over a few seconds has been measured to be as high as 14.9 hp. However, for longer periods an average horse produces less than one horsepower.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Previous

Return to Bricks