OTC

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Ranger S2H
Minifig
Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

OTC

Post by Ranger S2H » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:54 am

behold! after extensive research, my version of the OTC:

The Orange Transparent Chainsaw

The Orange Transparent Chainsaw, or OTC, is the most powerful of all weapons. As light as a sabre, but yet as destructive as a MkVI “yamato” spaceship class laser cannon. The OTC is built from trans-orange ABS, a type of leg-ore known for its rarity, toughness, and the abilty to contain awesomeness.

The OTC derives its destructive power from the awesomeness contained within its trans-orange shell, and unleashes it through the teeth of the blade. All non-awesome objects hit by an OTC, and to a lesser extent the objects nearby, are immediately torn apart by the epic awesomeness running through their molecules.

Despite its raw power, an OTC has several drawbacks. The first and most important is that an OTC, being awesome, has to be wielded by someone who is awesome himself, or he will be utterly destroyed by the forces contained within. The second is that in rare occasions, the trans-orange leg-ore is no longer able to contain the growing awesomeness within the shell, and the awesomeness breaks out of the weapon in a violent and destructive manner, destroying everything in the area and sucking the awesomeness from the wielder, leaving him as a pathetic little wimp. To many, this is a fate worse than death.

OTC STATS:

Ur: 4

Rng: CC

Dam: complete annihilation to any nonawesome objects hit, +1D10 explosive damage which doesn’t affect awesome units. Double knockback.

Special rules:

Awesome weapon:

The OTC is an awesome weapon, which means it can only be used by an awesome unit. An awesome unit is a unit of which all players agree it is awesome, and has at least 2 dice in its skill roll. When such a unit rolls two or more 1’s or two or more 6’s on its skill roll (note that the odds get higher when more dice are added because of the increased amount of awesome), the weapon backfires in a 4D10 explosion. This does not affect the unit wielding the OTC, but this unit has all its stats reduced to those of a civilian, including the Pacifist special rule, and is now to wimpy to bear any weapons or armor. The OTC is dropped and can be picked up by another awesome unit with the guts to use it.

OTC duel:

When an awesome unit wielding an OTC meets an enemy awesome unit wielding an OTC, they engage in an epic combat where both duelists are engulfed with awesomeness. During an OTC duel, no other weapons may be used, and neither duelist can break from the combat. The awesomeness that is unleashed from both weapons surround the combat and protects it from outside influences. The awesome combat generates a 3D10 explosion of awesomeness at the end of every turn which originates from the centre of the duel. Furthermore, any projectiles or other ranged weapon fire is immediately reflected back.

During the combat the weapon’s damage counts as 5D6, which means it can be parried by the other. Additionally, the awesomeness has already escaped from the weapon which means it cannot overload during the duel, but when one of the duelists is defeated he does not die but instead he suffers the same fate as a weapon overload.
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:15 am

The first paragraph of you description is good and could go right into the wiki. The rest that follows is just pure overkill in my opinion. Of course we all agree that the OTC is awesome and that it's awesomeness should be put into some sort of rules. However i am not fond of ueber weapons. Imagine there were a dozen OTCs in a game, it would be over after the first turn. It is more fun to savor awesome destruction over a period of several turns... What i especially dislike here is the explosion damage.

I suggest to treat the OTC as an extremely powerful close combat weapon which could kill an unarmored minifig outright if hit, e.g. damage 1d6+3. A higher than normal use rating would reflect that this awesome weapon should only be used by hero type or specially trained character. Furthermore it could get bonus modifiers against hard materials so one could cut through adamantium armor and such with ease or probably even "cut" force and energy fields. Hey that reminds me of the "Subtle Knife". Probably a good idea to read that part up and see if it can be adapted to the OTC and Brikwars Universe in some way...
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:34 am

OTC's arent that special...

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:42 am

Well, they sort of are. They are smaller than the huge weapons you would normally require to deal out the same punishment. Also, I have bought loads of Transparent Orange stuff to create lots of OT weapon variants so shut up about the not being special.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:46 am

I'm just saying that people over-exaggerate the stats, and then buy half the bricklink stock of them to give to their whole army.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:53 am

I know, that's what's so fun about it. Look, before I came here I used a back story that the Immortals could compress the physical mass of stars for weapons use. They even made suits of armour out the stuff. Whole galaxies died just so the Emperor could have a cutlery set made that was big enough for the entire Imperial Family to use. Now they have OT Tech. The Universe is safe again. It's a good thing. Let the Imagination run riot.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:05 am

Here's my idea, when you make your over-powered OTC stats, include a ratio of of OTC to troops, eg 1:20 being even a low-ranking officer of a platoon can have one.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:10 am

Anyone can pick an OTC up and use it. It makes no sense otherwise. Getting the guy who has one to drop it, well, that's the hard part.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:38 am

No, thats the point. By Ranger's rules, the wielder has to be ruled as awesome by everyone- which means that it's pretty much impossible to make an OTC army.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:51 am

Ross_Varn wrote:No, thats the point. By Ranger's rules, the wielder has to be ruled as awesome by everyone- which means that it's pretty much impossible to make an OTC army.
Exactly. What I mean is even if you are using CP, it does not seem fair to give everyone OTCs, unless every minifig, allied or not, has one. Which is why OTCs are reserved for the ossum, or use a ratio.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Now I know. Let's make the OTCs work like Heroes!

Orange Transparent Chainsaw

Use Rating: 4

Range: CC

Damage: 5D10*

*An OTC's damage is reduced by 1D10 for every other OTC in the same army, to a minimum of 1D10.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Warhead wrote:Whole galaxies died just so the Emperor could have a cutlery set made that was big enough for the entire Imperial Family to use. Now they have OT Tech
That would explain why I saw the Imperial Cutlery set on Ebay last week

Actually, there are more star-forged items on Ebay than most people would care to realize. You just have to know what to search for
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:04 pm

We don't like to talk about the Immortal Emperors new found fascination with ebay. He just can't help himself. :roll: He hasn't found the QVC channel on Freeview yet, thank goodness.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:45 am

And that trapped star, only $5 for it... claiming it to be a torch, madmen.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:29 pm

I know! Madness!..

Fortunately I've managed to steer him more towards Briklink lately. Although he's imposed a kidney and arm and leg tax to pay for his last order.