Galatick Relations

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:28 pm

There's already a thread that has a map in it. Natalya made it first with the Assyrian Star Empire, Space Pirates, etc.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:41 pm

Yeah, I happened across that one. That's not exactly what I'm aiming for though. We needed a rough map, so I made a rough map.

I'm going to go ahead and put the rest of the factions on the map. Post if you want more than one sector.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Give the UU four territories in the lower left corner.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

briknerd7
Champion
Champion

Post by briknerd7 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:21 pm

The Jronnikan League (JR)
Military Arm: The Tylonian Military Alliance
Fleet Arm: The Tylonian Incursion Fleet
Intelligence Arm: The Jronnikan Elite Force
STANDINGS:
Nitewatchman's Army, I think that its Brikend Kingdom (neutral/enemy)
The Jronnikan League generally fights against Nitewatchman instead helping the Army of The Blokbots (not official name) because aparently "the unwritten laws of the say that it must be so" as the leader of the Blokbots says

Army of the Blokbot (not official name (Ally/meh) The alliance may have something to do with a deal that the leader of the Jronnikan League made with the leader of the Blokbots in exchange for a glass of grape juice.

The Jronnikan League is generally larger and more powerful than its contacts and often takes a side only to even odds. The Jronnikan League is a well organized force which shows advanced and primitive technology. All members of the League are part of the army and have the same goals. The Jronnikan League's engineers create extremely effective weapons made just to do a ton of damage even it looks pretty silly. The Jronnikan League is also very proud when a neighboring army criticized the Jronnikan League's lack of home made ships after seeing its large clone and droid armies. This angered the Jronnikan League and caused it to start building with much of its scrap expanding its army and proving its neighbor wrong. Well I guess that is it for now.
briks have great potential and great power

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:20 am

Map updated here. I have all the factions that have posted already on the map. Tell me if you want more than one territory.

EDIT: I have put all the factions basic info under the map. Adding names next.

EDIT: Added names. There we go!

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:40 am

Right - I know I'm about to be a royal pain in the arse - but to go with the backstory I've established for my empire (which I will later pull apart and mangle ferociously) I'd like to know if the Scythian borders could be "extended" to those three corner sectors to the lower left hand corner.

Basically, Its big (429 worlds), its old (space faring for over 500 years) and has finally settled after its colony expansion a century nearly ran the Scythian empire into an economic black hole (where it was costing more resources to expand, than it was getting back through taxes and materials) as a result - the empire is (stupidly) large compared to other empires, but unable to expand.

(Basically - pre world war two russia)

Until I can get some of my LDD projects outta the way - no plot will be appearing for a while yet (yes, my army haz plotz!) so just expect it to sit there . . . and look menacing! =P
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:18 pm

Ah pLotz! And with 429 worlds, how do you stop rebels?

I'll put up pictures of my army(s) later, I'll get one uploaded to brickshelf (and one picture on flickr for the text).
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:47 pm

muffinman42 wrote:Ah pLotz! And with 429 worlds, how do you stop rebels?
With a military of 44.5 billion - and every citizen undergoing mandatory military service of 10 years - the real question is - how can rebellions even start? Patriot?
Spoiler
Show

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:14 pm

Some plotz for the pirates of Charybdia.

Charybdia
Charybdia is a world covered by water, but with plenty of small islands scattered across it. The Brikish Empire attempts to keep the world under some kind of control, but everyone knows that the pirates rule the seas. Except for the pirates and imperials, there are a lot of Brikthulhu-worshipping islanders living on remote islands.

Rodrigo Palo and the Bloodstained Serpent
Rodrigo Palo is one of the most infamous pirate captains of Charybdia. His ship, the Bloodstained Serpent, is able to teleport to any ocean within a few light years. This makes Rodrigo a scourge of the entire galaxy, and it is said that even Lord Warhead fears his Bloodstained Serpent.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:43 pm

OneEye589 wrote:There's already a thread that has a map in it. Natalya made it first with the Assyrian Star Empire, Space Pirates, etc.

Full of booty bothered on Magic Soap, Tathing, Cpt Zipps and 501st's behalf

There it is.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Scyth, why do you think I keep asking people to give them more territories? *confused* That's no problem. Updated.

briknerd7
Champion
Champion

Post by briknerd7 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:01 pm

can I also have the one territory above me, my army is big too but I don't need to fill half of a map to make that point like Mr. Scythian pants, by the way are the Shadow Scythe from Mech Quest
briks have great potential and great power

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:15 pm

briknerd7 wrote:can I also have the one territory above me, my army is big too but I don't need to fill half of a map to make that point like Mr. Scythian pants, by the way are the Shadow Scythe from Mech Quest
Feh, I was the shadowscythe long before that game came along - It started off as my username in starcraft/Diablo 2 about 6 years ago on battle.net - and since then I adopted it as my usual forum moniker - that or "Britishbeef"

As for extra territories - I has an LDD battle ready to fly (just not play) and another forum battle up, all the forces ready - I just need to get enough free time to sort out the last stats and then post up the first turn/ask for orders.

After that, theres plot that I'm going to start posting up piece-meal in the form of technologies, locations, characters and other stoofs (parts of which is going to be other forum battles, other stuff will be live battles between myself and my friend Hywel).

Yeah long story (no pun intended) for general gaming insanity and semi-roleplay. =P
Spoiler
Show

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Do you mind if i have a second (opposing) fraction?

Rebelion Against General Equality (RAGE)
Military Arm: who ever they can get, being a rebel force, they normally smuggle bombs onto other fleets, or use other sneaky tactics.
Fleet Arm: A couple of hi-jacked and junk ships.
Intelligence Arm: No permanent, might send a few untrained people to spy but thats it.
STANDINGS:
Dislike everyone who refuse to join their force.
Generally definded as terrorists due to their hi-jacking and bombings.
At what could be called "war" with the United planets.
Location; between the edge of the map and the borders of the United Planets.

Background;
A few people didn't like being ruled so they rose up to protest their rights, they where chased out of the area but they have managed to find a couple of old probes and varyious experimental space ships.
Attempts to fix thease ships have ended in a mixed fleet of odd looking ships. They Generally avoid encounters with other ships since they are badly armed.

in Planetary combat they normally use small skiff like crafts for fast transport, they arm their troops with what ever can be found.
Their troops have been known to switch sides when they realise that their just being used as meat shilds for the "turtleing bastards" that command them.

They are defined by the UP as; A mindless bunch of grunts that don't seem to realish that we can't dig them out of a hole that they dug.
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Updated. Click the link in my sig. In fact, click that from now on.

Looking at that map, I get the feeling that the UU and Scythian empires might get in a territory dispute sometime soon...

Is that about all the changes you guys want? Should we start on the 'relations'? :)