New Brickarms Accessories Coming Soon!

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:23 pm

james, Little Armory has a store on Bricklink. Link here (I got it off of the Brikwars homepage)
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:09 pm

Why did they took there website down, and why do they only sell a few space guns on there brick link?????
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:11 pm

Who knows, why don't you try asking them?

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:33 pm

I know about the store but i mean when they had the web site in the golden age they sold star wars castle,present day and ever one was better then brickarms or the brickforge.
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Tarren
Dimmy

Post by Tarren » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:16 am

well hello again badger :P

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:32 am

james+burgundy wrote:I know about the store but i mean when they had the web site in the golden age they sold star wars castle,present day and ever one was better then brickarms or the brickforge.
Seriously DUDE! LittleArmory's modern day guns are very crappy compared to the ones from Brickarms. They are way to over sized and don't really look like the guns they represent. About the space guns I think there about just as good as the ones from Brickarms but LittleArmory has more different kinds. Butt your totally right about the medieval weapons, LittleArmory makes the best and the coolest and they are beter then the ones from Brickforge accept for there great helm.

gaunt
Officer

Post by gaunt » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:16 pm

I like all of these, and I have some PKD prototypes from winning a contest over at the Brickarms forums. I am going to get a bunch of MK-48s, for sure.

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:22 pm

One thing I've always wondered about is why there isn't a wider selection of modern helmets and body armor from any of the vendors. There is the M1 helmet at Brickarms, and the german helmet at Brickforge, and thats it. Would it be that difficult to model a kevlar vest and mold it in tan or black? The applications are numerous, from SWAT teams to SEALs to space marines.

the enigma that is badger
Officer

Post by the enigma that is badger » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:19 pm

Atomsk wrote:One thing I've always wondered about is why there isn't a wider selection of modern helmets and body armor from any of the vendors.
The limiting factor in producing those kinds of accessories is the cost of the molds needed to produce them. Most helmets and bodywear require core-cavity molding, a type of mold that is much more expensive than the type Will currently uses to produce Brickarms accessories.

Will does appreciate the fact there are few resources for MOCers in regards to modern combat helmets and body wear, and it is an area he'd truly love to explore. Unfortunately, given the costs involved, it's just not something Brickarms can economically produce right now.

Your way to make Brickarms helmets and armor a possibility: when the new items are released, make your order a big one! ;)

badger
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."

james+burgundy

Post by james+burgundy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:39 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:
james+burgundy wrote:I know about the store but i mean when they had the web site in the golden age they sold star wars castle,present day and ever one was better then brickarms or the brickforge.
Seriously DUDE! LittleArmory's modern day guns are very crappy compared to the ones from Brickarms. They are way to over sized and don't really look like the guns they represent. About the space guns I think there about just as good as the ones from Brickarms but LittleArmory has more different kinds. Butt your totally right about the medieval weapons, LittleArmory makes the best and the coolest and they are beter then the ones from Brickforge accept for there great helm.

I do agree about the modern gun they were crappy but eer thing else is way better.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:39 am

you can't really say wich one is better from the space guns because they where based on completely different genres. But o what do I mis there mideival weapons they where so good.

james+burgundy

Post by james+burgundy » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:39 am

You know what else then little armory sword were really sharp :D

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:48 pm

That's true, those Little Armory swords were crazy sharp! Especially the dagger. I have to store them apart from my regular bins so I don't stab myself while I'm rooting around for stuff.

We had a pretty good custom-weapons comparison thread on the old Frappr, if anybody's curious:

custom weapons comparison

james+burgundy

Post by james+burgundy » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:51 pm

looks nice the LA MP5 was better then the BA MP5

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:53 pm

I made the 3rd gun in the LEGO column a long time ago. I got the inspiration from this guy. Image