Space Viking "Longboat" Battle Skiff

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

OneEye589
Pooplord

Space Viking "Longboat" Battle Skiff

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:57 pm

So I've been wanting to build a ship for a long time. I love the idea of them, and what better way to play Brikwars than awesome ships?

Well, my Lego supply isn't as bulky as the people who have ships on here, and you all know I like my symmetry and things. I thought about it, and I had my Space Vikings, and thought "Why not a Space Viking version of a longboat or giant ship?" So I did.

I'm posting these pictures now so you guys can see what I've been working on. I don't post a lot of stuff on here, but I thought you might want to see SOMETHING by me. It's all finished, I'll try to take better pictures before the end of the week and upload them.

The "Longboat"
Front view
Side cannon (the ones I made the thread about a while ago. It's two launchers and the cylinders on top of each cannon count as one 2d10 explosive payload)
Front guns
Manned .50 caliber machine guns and the main deck
Pilot station. There are three pilots and there is also a computer that can operate another gun as wellThe whole deck, from front back to the pilot station
Side view showing the buttress style underbody, some side-mounted cannons, and the arches on the bottom that hold the gatling guns. There's this arch, another one on the other side, and one on the back.
The drop station. Those ladders swing down on each side to let people on and off
The under-slung gatling gun
The weaponry on the "Longboat"
The gallery when it goes public

It's got an open top for epic boarding and dropship action. It looks bad-ass with the open top I think.

Some specifics:
22" and between 60 and 70 studs.
I actually broke the rules and put more than 22" of weaponry on it (but three of the guns have to be manned and can't be controlled by the pilots).
I tried to make it look very architectural with the arches and the buttresses and things.
The way it operates is like Jabba the Hutt's desert skiff.

What do you guys think? I have all the stats in 2005, too, if anyone wants to see.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:10 pm

Whao, this is great. Love those .50 Cals. Great idea too.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:41 pm

The various turrets are AMAZING, and the general look is pretty good. I hope that minifig sitting out on the deck has a spacesuit though.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:49 pm

The overall look is nice, turrets are awesome. I like your use of the crates.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks guys.

This ship is more for inner-atmosphere travel. The gunners do have suits on, but the pilots don't. I could put some on them, but I like the idea of something like this just floating around cities and things.

It's pretty much cleaned out my entire dark grey and dark bley supply. I have some left, but not enough of a variety to really make anything more from it.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Olothontor » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:02 pm

OneEye589 wrote:It's pretty much cleaned out my entire dark grey and dark bley supply. I have some left, but not enough of a variety to really make anything more from it.
I hate when that happens...
-=[ Visage ]=-

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Post by MasterEcabob » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Simply awesome.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!

Lt. Krus
Dimmy

Post by Lt. Krus » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:17 pm

Epic win C:

spartan117
Officer

Post by spartan117 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:29 pm

very cool, i love the whole viking/ space thing

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:44 pm

The first thing i thought was "uhh, boxy!" but wow this is an epic ship! You really catched a unique spirit with this ship. I could imagine a whacky animated series around this longboat and it's crew. All those guns are awesome and everything else is coming together really well, too.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Post by RoC77 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:16 pm

Wow, very awsome, I'm loving those .50 cal's too.... All your missing is grappling hooks for raiding parties..... So are your Space Vikings strong enough to have a battle with the PRA?

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Thanks again guys. I've been working on this on and off for a month and a half or so.

I was definitely going for more of an awesome Brikwars style thing, and with the open top on this it's pretty good I think.

I was thinking about adding some grappling hooks to this actually, but I only have one of those actual pieces. I'll see if I can find a way to make one out of bricks, then maybe I will. No idea where I would mount them, maybe take off the arches and cannons on the front, move up the .50 cals, and add a couple more that can shoot grappling hooks as well.

The PRA's been disbanded for quite a while now. I have this Space Viking army, which has this ship, 4 medium sized speeders, two hardsuits, and an infantry of 15 or so, but then I've also been working on my peach army, the UPA (or United Peach Alliance [which I don't know if Ross_Varn (who I think is the one who has another United Peach Alliance) stole from me, or I stole it from him, or neither]) that has a couple smaller dropships and some infantry and heavy troopers. I'll post the rest of this stuff later.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Hah! Neither. I just went back through my notes and apparently I was writing it down as United Mutant Alliance. Most of the guys in there were random. I just componitized them anyway as part of my big sorting spree...

By the way, that ship is epic. It needs a companion fighter. (hint hint, nudge nudge)

Who here had that one huge army of peaches with the tanks and stuff? I can't seem to remember.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:18 pm

You got a meth lab going on in that sink of yours?
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Olothontor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:19 pm

Didn't we JUST have a talk about you being a tard? Are you doing it again?

I think you are.
-=[ Visage ]=-