OTC stats

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

OTC stats

Post by Bragallot » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Since I turned all my modern guys into medieval fantasy-style guys and never bothered to use the 15 or so modern guys that are left in a battle and simply because I don't own any I don't have any experience with OTC's other than the fact I see them kick ass almost daily when I log onto this board.

So it's pretty freakin' powerful, but what are the actual stats for it? Or am I right when I assume there's people who just use it as a strong weapon while others make it ridiculously overpowered?

Anyway what I was wondering too is: I like the idea of a weapon you know is gonna kick some serious can the moment you see it, but OTC's aren't really things for my armies. Still, I'd like to have some weapon with the same 'prestige' for my fantasy armies... and perhaps the same stats, too.

Right now I'm thinking perhaps black halberds, zwei hander:

Or turquoise katana's... perhaps lightsabers as some kind of magic power swords, but I'm not entirely sure about that either since it's so easy to buy them en masse. None really seem fit to be the 'medieval-style OTC' either (except maybe the turquoise katana but it would only work for certain unit types while the OTC is pretty universal), anyone got a different (better) idea?

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:19 pm

OTC's are treated differently by everyone but in my opinion if someone is a complete git and makes the OTC a tank killer no one's going to play so in my opinion either you have it with a +2 modifier or something with suitable cp increases or have a +6 modidfier and limit it to only one per army.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:30 pm

I always liked this idea:

OTC

UR: X+2

Damage: XD10

X is 6 minus the number of OTCs in the army, to a minimum of 1.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Arkbrik wrote:I always liked this idea:

OTC

UR: X+2

Damage: XD10

X is 6 minus the number of OTCs in the army, to a minimum of 1.
6d10!!!! wtcheese!!
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:38 pm

6D10? Only if you have 0 OTCs. With one OTC it's 5D10, but then the UR is 7.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:17 pm

Way to go math!

If I had any OTC's, I would probably make them only usable by minifigs with a skill of 1d10 or 1d12, a use rating of 4 or something and deal 3d6 or more. Also, any friendly character within 6" gets a +1 to all rolls, skill, damage, and armor.

As for the equivalent to OTC's in medieval times, I would use the bigger triangular swords like the Rainbow Knights and vikings have or any gold sword. Maybe a giant warhammer or axe? Just anything that you would usually only see one of in an army.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:09 pm

In medieval times, I'm not sure you would need OTCs, since there are few opponents armored well enough to stand up to them.

In the 2001 rules, though, I remember Golden Broadswords being incredibly powerful for CC weapons.

Ranger S2H
Minifig
Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Post by Ranger S2H » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:01 am

I like my OTC to be overpowered, but with the possibility backfire with huge devastation. (see the previous thread on the subject)

another limit is they are only useable by "awesome" characters like heros.
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?

Lego_scout
Champion
Champion

Post by Lego_scout » Tue May 04, 2010 11:13 pm

I make it so that if used, you roll a d10 1-3 you lop off your arm 4-5 nothing 6-10 instant kill

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed May 05, 2010 2:04 am

My OTC

3+ use (generates lots of hits)
3D6 damage (plenty of scope for a strong hit on bigger stuff but not overly so, you still need luck)
Special - Can't be parried. (Very useful in melee, which is what it does)

When it hits and does do damage I try to show lots of damage in the pics. It's an OTC.