Magic the Gathering? anybody?

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:09 am

Dertyyy wrote:bfenix, I have room issues as well. But that's usually lego on the etire floor area and mtg cards on every surface. :lol:

Seriously though, do you have a deck or anything? is it any good?[/code]
I had several decks, but then I realized you can't have a good deck when you're working on a bunch of them...but they are all dismantled now. My main deck is Red and Black. Lots of destruction based spells with death, damage dealing and Whither creatures. Its supposed to make short work of your opponent fast but it can stand its ground against long game decks quite nicely. Its unbelievably powerful against White or Green decks and its nemesis is Blue. Gawd I hate blue :evil:

And you?

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:13 pm

I have a blue/green infinite mana deck and a black awesome deck.

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:41 pm

BFenix wrote:
Dertyyy wrote: I had several decks, but then I realized you can't have a good deck when you're working on a bunch of them...
What do you mean you can't have more than one good deck? Or do you mean you can't have a good deck with others under construction? Either way, I'm confused. I have six different decks, and I would consider all of them to be pretty good, though some are definitely favored above others depending who I play against. I have a B+G spirit/ soulshift deck, a W samurai/ bushido deck, a R+U mindcontrol/ damage deck, a U morph/ anti-creature creature deck, a W+U+artifact lifegain/ control deck, and my current favorite, my B+R+U deathtouch/ whither/ direct damage deck.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:00 pm

B+R is by far my favorite color combo but there are pretty amazing decks out there... to clarify your confusion I meant that if you want a winner deck you can't... w8, better, you shouldn't have much more decks in mind. I played a tournament once and I excluded any option for any type of decks while thinking of my main deck I was going to use.
Its simple really, the less decks you have the more work you put on them and this goes the other way around and therefore you might have crappy decks... :?

But where do you play? In the past I only used to play with my friends, but then I thought I should try new players out to improve my skills and make my deck better, so I went to Lisbons best MTG store. There I found lots of people and I must admit that I improved my gameplay <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a>! Believe me, playing against unknown people and unknown decks can be much more rewarding for you then with someone you know... :)

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:21 pm

BFenix wrote:I meant that if you want a winner deck you can't... w8, better, you shouldn't have much more decks in mind.
I don't think that's true, or logical. Different types of decks win more in different types of settings; some are more suited for one-on-one play, and some for teams or free-for-alls. My B+G won an 8 player free-for-all once, but my U morph deck is excellent for taking out fewer opponents if their decks rely mostly on creatures. At a certain point, your ONE deck that you have worked on so hard will be to the level that further tweaking won't really do all that much to improve it, and then it gets boring just sitting around twiddling your thumbs while you have hordes of other cards that you could combine to form decks that are just as good or better.

I play among friends mostly (I have several who carry their decks with them and we often meet up in smokey 24 hour coffee shops to play), but I have also played at the local game shops and such.

Dertyyy
Hero

Post by Dertyyy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:19 pm

i play a black-red-blue deck. it is a zombie tribal deck ,and focuses on direct damage. it hates white and green
You are unique, just like everybody else.

Massam
Dimmy

Post by Massam » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:37 pm

I play...just put together an allies deck with every color..can't wait to try it out this weekend with my boss.
everyone < massam

Dertyyy
Hero

Post by Dertyyy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:37 am

your... boss... :?
You are unique, just like everybody else.

Massam
Dimmy

Post by Massam » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:35 am

Ya..he got me into magic and D&D. He's corrupting my soul.
(Uber-gamer, has 5 level 80s in WoW)
everyone < massam

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:00 pm

I know a kid who has two level 70s in WoW. He quit last year because he was bored with it.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

kiemaster
Cannon Fodder

Post by kiemaster » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:18 pm

i got some cards from my step dad he got like 3 decks i sometimes play my bro

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:36 pm

I used to like it, but due to the whole "why the hell am I spending my hard earned money on some crappy ass pieces of cardboard?" and not having anybody to play a game with kind of kicked in.

Massam
Dimmy

Post by Massam » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:45 am

Yeah...I used to collect those pirate ship mini things, but I had nobody to play with, so I stopped.
everyone < massam

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:00 am

Yea, I have tons of those Pirates of the Spanish Main things. Heroclix, too.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:07 am

Same here. But playing the same game with one person over and over again can get tiring, so I stopped. I had the starter pack of Heroclicks, a bunch of Pirates packs, and a lot of Mechwarriors.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.