In Dire Woods

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

In Dire Woods

Post by Zahru II » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Been a while, eh?

After his successful albeit highly risky gambit against the orks, Prince Albrecht is sent by the king to Direwood with a small retinue. King Mondaine believes his brash but good-hearted son might learn for his own good under the tutelage of Liana Crowclaw and Guillaume, along with Flint Quickstride, steward of the Wolfsbane lands after the bloodline died out with Arthel's demise. However, fate has other plans...

Albrecht: 'We're far from Wolfsbane Manor, this is but a small outpost.'
Flint: 'Oi! Could it be? Reinforcements?'

Albrecht: 'Master Flint! I wouldn't have expected to see you here of all places; and what reinforcements are you talking about?

Flint: 'Ach, I beg your pardon, your majesty. I am afraid Direwood is not the peaceful border outpost that it was for a bried time. Seems like this blasted place can't have any rest ever since the raising of Skull Mountain.

Albrecht: 'What happened?'

Flint: 'You see, we have been at peace with the Norse for centuries. Last month however, a group of savage raiders began to pillage our settlement close to the border. They are led by a crazed warlord who calls himself 'The Iron Jarl'.'

Flint: 'Guillaume's scouts reported that they managed to locate the warband's campsite, so Liana, Gil and I rallied our patrols and marched out to stop them.'

Flint: 'However, we found something far too dangerous instead: hordes of undead.'
Albrecht: 'Undead? We haven't seen any trace of them since the warlock's disappearance!'
Flint: 'Aye, we were both surprised and in terror.'

Flint: 'For you see, we have walked into a deathtrap that was set up by the enemy within.'
Albrecht: 'Treason?'
Flint: 'Aye. The blasted Cult of the Corrupted slipped into our ranks and fooled us.'

Flint: 'The diversion made withdrawal impossible; we tried to stand our ground against the onslaught, it was then Liana told me to fall back.'

Liana: 'Fall back! Gil and I can handle this. We will regroup later.'

Flint: 'It has been a week since, and I've yet to hear anything of her. The lands are crawling with undead again, making scouting and logistics nigh impossible.'
Albrecht: 'I see. We must rally as many troops as we can from nearby outposts and find Liana and Gil.'

Runeknight: 'My prince, shouldn't we inform your father and request more troops?'
Albrecht: 'Nonsense! My father is far too busy right now finding out the true nature of those mysterious invaders. Furthermore, our time is short, we must find them if they are still alive!'
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Re: In Dire Woods

Post by Apollyon » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:42 pm

I for one cannot wait for the battle to commence! So does Albrecht i think.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:21 pm

Nice! I like Liana's new look, now that she's a full Rune Knight she can finally do that feat from Shatterpoint :wink:
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:44 pm

You have a way of making me interested in Medivo stuff...may actually follow this one.