[Anno] Unlimited Dirty Works

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

ComradeGreen
Champion
Champion

[Anno] Unlimited Dirty Works

Post by ComradeGreen » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:14 am

Briefly after the agreement between the Reiist State and Legotavia was made....

"You made a political decision of this scale without consulting parliament!?"
"And you can see... The forces have likely already begun their landing..."
"We're clearly numerically unmatched"
"Our forces are in the midst of a modernisation program! How do you expect us to field all our men!?"
"I can try and supply the second Mass Produced Corps..."
"You call this securing the republic!? Our first operation is a mess!"
Inside the hastily prepared meeting room for the Legotavian-Reiist coalition forces, argument hangs in the air. Preparations to engage the Ottomans have been bogged down by political arguments, and the Prime Minister is somewhat overwhelmed by his first inter-state matter outside of the Lost Sector.
"Quiet! Let the Envoy speak!"
"Thank you... Prime Minister. What I was trying to say, was that our forces are both understaffed. We need a third force to securely beat back their numerical advantage..."
"Do you know of a third force?" asks General Jackson
Raikou pulls a token out from his uniform "I know just the guys...But... You'll be the ones paying the price." he says as he places the token on the board.

Aboard the Fistful of Despair...

"Sir! Incoming communication. Its from a... Legotavian Republic, in the Lost Sector! They're promising employment! Employment sir!"
"They offering payment?"
"Yes sir! Crystals, Loads of them!"
"Then I guess Tom was right. the Lost Sector's gonna give us some fine work. Get ready for some dirty work, grunts!"
"If you liberate my Gulag one more time..."- Green