Capture the Ark

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Capture the Ark

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:50 pm

A challenge game against my little brother and his friend. (No teenage FOLs in my hometown, unfortunately). Photography is a little sparse, but the important action is all there.

A massive force of dimmies and Negaverse creatures has overrun an abandoned fortress and captured the Ark of the Covenant. Here you can see their massive Nega-Crawler, a squad of Elves and Dimmies protecting the Ark in the center of a small fort, a few clones and an enemy hero on a hover platform, an AAT with the heroic Clone Commander Fox riding on the front platform, an Aero Booster with a Jedi pilot, a Jedi starfighter with no pilot, a bomb-copter, and a flying sub. Also shown is an unarmed Jack Stone plane which serves as a droid control center. Not shown is an Imperial Dropship.

Fortunately, an allied force under my control has arrived to try and take it back. The vast majority of these vehicles will be recognizable to anyone who has played a forum battle with me; you can see the Nomad crawler, an Agents truck with a couple of Ninjas in the back, minigun and rocket launcher vehicles, the PCS S.P.O.T., the Central Asian Combine Gunship, a fighter piloted by a Hero, and a VTOL carrying a scout.

Round one

Both forces move up, but don't attack.

Round two

I score the first kill, shooting down the Flying Sub with my gunship's quad-MKII's.

The gunship also deploys a small robo-tank into the back of one of the enemy outposts.

The tank fires its minigun, and kills two enemy troopers.

My PCS S.P.O.T. flies over the enemy heavy crawler and drops a squad of jump troops, but the crawler's guns take a Response Action to shoot it down.

A stray MKII rocket from the crawler takes down four of my jump troops, including one of my Heroes.

The remaining jump trooper kills the pilot and co-pilot of the crawler.

My Hero's fighter moves up to attack, and destroys the crawler's main turret.

Round three

The enemy Mechanik repairs the crawler's turret. Another enemy Mechanik repaired the Flying Sub. My hero's fighter is shot down by the crawler's turret, and the hero bails out!

The Dimmy Medik in the rear of the crawler advances and shoots my last jump trooper.

The enemies' Aero Booster advances and the mech detaches from the booster. (The booster can be controlled remotely from the Jack Stone plane hovering behind enemy lines)
In the subsequent action, which couldn't be photographed because we couldn't get the mech to stand up, it lifts up the mini-tank and throws it off the edge of the battlefield.
Just outside the enemy command post you can see one of my Scouts, which disembarked from the VTOL last turn.

The booster section scores six points of damage against my Minigun Tank.

My turn now! the Agents truck drives up to the enemy AAT, and the two ninjas in the trailer jump onto the hull and attack Clone Commander Fox. Commander Fox kills one ninja, but the other kills him with the chainsaw.

My Heroic pilot grabs a jet pack and heavy machine gun from the dead jump troopers...

... and kills the dimmy Medik.

A crazy man in a diving suit with a pair of MKII missiles jumps out of the back of my tank and aims both weapons at the blue Aero Booster mech.

Meanwhile, the tank drives across the field to fire on the other enemy outpost. Unfortunately, neither of these attacks were resolved because we ran out of time.

Overwatch 3/4 of the way through round 3. The enemy is leading on kills, but he's in a vulnerable position right now, as you'll see during the last part of this round. Look for the rest of the game next weekend!
Last edited by Theblackdog on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:00 pm

Ossum sauce. Go Honda-ziplok tank!
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:07 pm

Nice game!
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Bluehawk2000
Officer

Re: Capture the Ark

Post by Bluehawk2000 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:47 pm

Theblackdog wrote:A challenge game against my little brother and his friend. (No teenage FOLs in my hometown, unfortunately).
I know how you feel. Some of the vehicles look great while other appear to by put together quickly or remnents from the rainbow warrior stage(no offense),if it's due to limited parts selection, I again know how you feel. The buildings don't really matter as long as its a place to fight. Overall it looks like an awesome battle. :D

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Re: Capture the Ark

Post by Theblackdog » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:39 pm

Bluehawk2000 wrote:
I know how you feel. Some of the vehicles look great while other appear to by put together quickly or remnents from the rainbow warrior stage(no offense),if it's due to limited parts selection, I again know how you feel. The buildings don't really matter as long as its a place to fight. Overall it looks like an awesome battle. :D
None taken -- they are my little brother's creations, not mine.

The battle was never finished, as I had to clear the field for Brikspace.

Massam
Dimmy

Post by Massam » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Dang, the police gunship hasn't had much luck.
everyone < massam