Chapter 1: Grave Tidings

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Elmagnifico

Chapter 1: Grave Tidings

Postby Bragallot » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:29 am

At that time, the Bull Tribes were getting more and more aggressive in their fight for a better life. Rumours whispered of a great warlord that had arisen amongst them and awakened the ancient powers of his kin. This man was said to be so respected, that he could forge the many clans into an army with but a word. Whether all this was true or not the Kingdom had no evidence of, but they did experience the tribal incursions into their lands became more and more frequent.

South-east of the Kingdom, fifteen miles from the border bastion Starkeep, Queen Lara of the Magus Guild revisits the scene of the Bull’s last attack on her in search of her lost staff, the token of her power.

Quietly, the mages and guardsmen moved down a small pathway, unbeknownst to them the ancient remains of a once pride bastion. Queen Lara, flanked by a loyal mage, concentrates to find the source of magic her lost staff emits.

Mage: “Milady, it’s dangerous here. The Bulls may still be in the area. We’ve been looking for hours. Shouldn’t we be going back to Starkeep? It was against normal procedure just to pass their keep without a word. I’m sure they would have at least lent us more men for this mission.”
Lara: “Nonsense! Bulls are nomads, they’ll never stay in the same area for long. Besides, I’m certain those men who attacked us last time will have been purged by Marshal Cales if they haven’t fled back over the border themselves. The reason I took this few people with me is because we’ll be harder to trace. If you had dropped by at Starkeep, all of you would have just been getting drunk at the banquet and wasting time anyway. Their spies would have certainly noticed such a thing, too.”
Mage: “Well, at least we’re on the right track. There’s still remnants of the battle here.”
Lara: “We are. I don’t understand a thing of it. I put a spell on my staff to hide it, so they couldn’t have taken it. Then why is it not here? Something seems to be clouding my vision.”
Mage: “Milady! Look!”

At the end of the road a large, armoured figure had appeared strangely silently for such a large man. The day darkened in a small radius around him as he appeared. The tall warrior chuckled to himself darkly. A shield unlike any the residents of the Kingdom had ever seen before was held at his side, but they recognized the sign on it all too well.

Mage: “But how…!? If he got this close…! We should have sensed him!”
Bull Leader: “Save your breath, little mage. You’ll need it when I start tearing off your limbs. You won’t live long enough to comprehend the true capacity of our newly acquired powers.”

As the Bull Leader moved off to the side, two wagons rolled up on either side of the road to block it off. Phalanx immediately filed in in their feared formation to deny the Magus Guild escape, both groups steered onward by a badly foreboding knight armoured akin to the leader. There were no war cries, just the sound of many marching feet that expressed the deadly discipline of the tribesmen.

To make matters worse, crossbowmen appeared on the top of the Bull Tribe’s high wagons. They immediately took aim at the mages.

The Magus Guild hastily prepared a defence.

Red Mage: “AMBUSH! DEFEND YOURSELVES!”
Blue mage: "It's a trap!"
Guardsman: “Defend the queen at all costs!”

A phalanx stood idly by either wagon, the men probably being the drivers.

Factions:

Bull West: The ones attacking from behind. They control the sniper on the slope. 15 figs total (1 hero, 1 heavy phalanx, 7 phalanx, 3 axemen, 2 crossbowmen, 1 sniper,). The one in the grey armour with the two clubs is their leader. [Taken by lrdofbricks]

Bull East: The ones attacking from the front. The crossbowmen on the slope is theirs to control. 15 figs total (bull leader, 2 heavy phalanx, 5 phalanx, 3 crossbowmen, 4 axemen) . The one with the shiny shield is their hero. [Taken by me]

Magus Guild: 12 figs total (Queen Lara, 1 White Mage, 2 Elders, 2 red mages, 2 blue mages, 4 guardsmen). Queen Lara is their hero, and mages have a ranged attack. Just like with archers, it doesn't matter if they're obstructed. [Taken by Elmagnifico]

Secret faction 1: ??? [Taken by Warhead]

Secret faction 2: ??? [Taken by Magic Soap]

Needless to say Bull East and Bull West are in unbreakable alliances. I will send you your objectives in a PM after you sign up, and information and pictures on your faction if you choose a secret faction. I expect orders every 4 days at least, otherwise someone else will take over.
Last edited by Bragallot on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
Silent-sigfig wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:Colette, why have they all got soup stains on they're coats

One characteristic of nerds is lack of hygiene
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Magic Soap » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:37 am

Secret faction 2 for me
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Bragallot » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:05 pm

Post updated, PM sent. Anymore questions don't hesitate to ask :)
Silent-sigfig wrote:

Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Magic Soap » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:54 pm

Hooray for baseplates. Pesgores will be happy
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Elmagnifico » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:57 pm

I'll take the Magus Guild
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Warhead » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:53 pm

Secret Faction one please. Nice job on the intro btw.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby lrdofbricks » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:35 pm

bull west please.
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"
lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Bragallot » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:49 am

Heck, I'll play the bull east then. Don't worry, I'm an honest guy. Orders within 4 days for those factions who require to send 'em, please. Lets get this show rollin'.
Silent-sigfig wrote:

Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Warhead » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:15 am

Damn right! :D

EDIT: Orders are in! C'mon you bums!
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy