GT Round 4

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Elmagnifico

GT Round 4

Postby Bragallot » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:39 am

Round 4

White Mage: "Milady! Escape! I'll hold them off!"

Without a word the queen levitated herself onto the nearest slope.

She watched as her elders rushed forward despite the phalanx threat.

The men laughed as they slaughtered the elders, for they had seemingly missed them by miles, their blasts having sailed far over their heads. Queen Lara, however, knew better. She saw the two crossbowmen smeared across the top of their cart. The path to freedom was cleared! It had, however, come at a great cost.

The fighting on the slope opposite to the Queen continued. A phalanx jabbed the ranger in the face

, pushing him off the slope and killing him instantly.

The remaining bulls looked eager to help their leader against the ranger, but there was no space.

The duel began best for the bull leader; he struck the ranger against the head and cracked his helmet,

then heaved his both clubs into the air and prepared to crush him.

The ranger barely held off the attack.

He then countered.

The first blow was held off by the shaft of the leader's hammer,

but the second slipped under his defence; he was stabbed down.

As the east leader hit the ground, the ranger turned to encourage the Magus Guild.

Ranger: "Hold on! Just a little longer and we'll have won!"

White mage: "I'm doing the best I can!"

He seemed encouraged, however, and put more effort into his shield, which grew in size slightly.

The rangers then opened fire and killed another phalanx.

East Leader: "Charge! Don't mind that damned shield! The queen must be captured!"

The leader spurned his men on vigorously, knowing the Starcapes were creeping closer and closer.

The axemen embedded their axes into the energy shield and it grew smaller in size, but held on like Bonn-o-Tron. However, how much longer could he hold?

The Starcapes then charged onward. One group, however, found the wagon in their way. The others prepared to scale the ladder to where the enemy archers had first been.

Turn summary:

Queen Lara is in a good position to escape the map! The Bull East will have to react quickly if they still want to catch her.

The ranger is one hitpoint down. The rolls in his fight with the west leader were really, really close.

The Starcapes are nearing. If they can somehow clear the cart the bull west may get trapped between them and the white mage (if he holds on), and will have to see to their survival rather than attempting to chase Queen Lara. In any case, she's out of range for them.

So: it can still go both ways, but things don't look too grim for the Magus Guild and their allies despite the fact almost everyone is dead!

Casualties:

Bulls: 1 phalanx, 2 crossbowmen, west leader
Magus Guild: 2 Elders
Dwellers: 1 Wolfpack ranger

Edit: I'd nearly forget. Send your orders in as soon as possible, 'cos I might have to get that table cleared sooner or later! :shock: (normally there should be enough time but still)
Last edited by Bragallot on Thu May 26, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Silent-sigfig wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:Colette, why have they all got soup stains on they're coats

One characteristic of nerds is lack of hygiene
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Warhead » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm

Orders in.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Return to Forum Battles