Medic

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Medic

Postby Moronstudios » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:53 pm

I have come up with stats for a 2005 medic, here they are:
MEDIK (6cp)
Skill: 1d6
Move: 6"
Armour: 1d6-1

Medix skillz (4cp): A medic will attempt a skill roll to raise a dead ally with a difficulty equal to the number of turns the ally has been dead (a 1 always fails). if failled it may not be reattempted.

Just a little dead he's still good he's sill good (-2cp): If a medic sees a dead ally he must fun full speed at it and attempt to raise it.

Ok people, we need to get Rayhawk to make a Medik stat card with combined skill rolls, so lets roll high. I got a 7
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:24 pm

6" movement? personally, i'd give him only 5", but that's just me wanting to standardize things. not only that, but being able to bring back the dead is a quite... powerful ability.

on the plus side, medic guns are employed by both benny and i, with tasteful results. basically, this allows medix to do their job from a distance (benny uses 6", i just use bow/crossbow stats). the way i always picture it is a medik with a bow and arrow, except a syringe filled with medicine instead of an arrow.

remarkably though, this is basically the same medik rules everyone else has adapted for 2005+
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Moronstudios » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:35 pm

I doubt they use the Just a little dead he's still good he's sill good rule. By the way, what was your skill roll to get Rayhawk to make a stat card.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Postby King of Brix » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:13 am

Quite a remarkable idea actually. But seeing as I am the King of Brix, I am obliged to point out the few flaws this has. A) If you are playing with the size of field equal or greater than the size I play, you will need Vegeta to announce a successful revival, seeing as the amount of turns the target has been dead for will usually be OVER NINE-THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!! *Ahem* In other words, the amount of time passing due to travel to aid the unit will be sufficient enough that your Medik will need extraordinarily good luck, or a large amount of loaded dice.

Also: I got a critical success, and rolled an additional 5... Dunno if 11 from me is acceptable or not, but hope it helped :D
King of Brix
Minifig

Postby Almighty Benny » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:24 am

If a unit has died and you just can't bare to lose it, have your medic concoct a 'strange potion' (black cylinder with a green 1x1 stud on top). This reanimates the corpse of the deceased unit for good or for awesome. Roll on the Ker-Zombie table. (Treat zombies however you want, but as a suggestion, use a stumble die to determine a zombie's movement (half of however far it could travel per turn in life) and zombies can only use melee attacks and no weapons, but they do 2d6 damage. Any unit bitten dies and is subject to the ker-zombie table)

Ker-Zombie!

1 - The body of the deceased unit explodes for reasons known only to the author of this ker-table.
2 - Unit is revived, but all appendages are rendered useless. Unit nevertheless acquires a taste for human flesh. Unit is now effectively a booby trap.
3-5 - Unit is revived and is now a full-blown zombie. However, the unit will attack whatever it sees regardless of what team the victim happens to be a part of.
6 - Unit makes a full recovery.
6 (alt) - Unit's blood is saturated with whatever turned it into a zombie in the first place. Unit becomes a zombie that can run as fast as it could sprint in life per turn.

One more note on zombies: I'll leave this up to you when playing, but you might want to consider the fact that the only way to truly kill a zombie is with a head-shot. If it were me I would just give the unit an armor bonus or something.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Almighty Benny » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:29 am

And another thing, I like to give my medics a special gun (all white with red transparent elements) that allows them to heal injured units form a distance. That way you never really have to put your precious healers in the line of fire. The only problem with it is that it takes a full turn for the unit to recover this way, leaving it very vulnerable to a second attack. Also, I don't know if you guys play with respawns, but if you do, a medic that is killed must drop the medic gun wherever it died and returns to the graveyard empty handed. Only a medic can use the medic gun for it's intended purpose. A medic gun in the hands of a soldier without proper medical training is just as dangerous as a regular gun of it's size.
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Moronstudios » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:39 am

I should clarify something, if a unit is brought back to life on a turn it didn't die it can take it's turn as normal.
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Postby Almighty Benny » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:01 pm

I don't know if you were responding to what I posted MoronStudios, but I just meant that when they heal with a medic gun it takes an extra turn to revive. I just had to give it a drawback to make it a little more balanced. But yes, I have nothing against letting units take a turn if they're revived after the turn in which they died (and not turned into a zombie).
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:13 pm

yeah brix, that is definitely a problem with medix. due to this, their best used if they're following around a squad or something, or standing next to your hero just in case. units half a yard away from the medic though? well, he either needs a motorbike, or it's goodbye ruby tuesday.

and actually, i usually just make units unconcious for a turn after they're brought back to life. anyone who read the 2001 rules would probably remember the nightmare of stunned > unconcious > dead, but there's still use for these states. dead can be brought back by a medik to unconcious in one turn, and from unconcious to alive in the next. medix can also un-stun units, if you use stun rules.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Almighty Benny » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:24 pm

If I decide that I'm playing a battle where units don't stay dead when killed, I set up a graveyard for each team. When a unit on my team is killed anywhere on the battlefield, a medic has to come and revive him. When he is finally revived, his body goes and lies in the graveyard and his armor/weapons/whatever-he-was-carrying is left behind where he died. Once in the graveyard, he must spend a full turn "rising from the dead" and cannot actually move or attack until the next turn. Also, medics automatically respawn when they die.

This works pretty well because after a battle has been raging for a while there will be tons of gear and weapons strewn around on the battlefield, and it's fun to see how units change as they acquire new armor and weapons over the course of the game.

Things to consider - themed graveyards:
- 'Egyptian tomb' with a sarcophagus that units climb out of
- 'classic graveyard' complete with headstones and creepy iron fence
- 'watery grave' just any body of water designated as a graveyard
- 'Haunted House' aka 'any-structure-built-over-ancient-Indian-burial-grounds'
-'Neutral graveyard!' Imagine one big graveyard in the middle of the battlefield where units duke it out as soon as they come back to life!
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby King of Brix » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:27 pm

Lol at Benny. Thats a really good idea though... The Harry Potter graveyard set could be morphed and mutated into one of benny's fantasies... Or, buy a few and shove em together, THEN do the morphing and mutating.
King of Brix
Minifig

Postby The Lizard King » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:00 pm

I saw somewhere else some stats for a medik to use in BrikWars, can't really remember where though. I understood it a little, but we and my friends changed it around a little though.
We said that by rolling a d6 the following happens:
1-2= head is put back on
3-4= arm are but pack on
5-6= legs are put back on

In our games minifig's usually get destroyed alot. Pour souls...
"I Am The Lizard King, I can do Anything"
The Lizard King
Hero

Postby King of Brix » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:05 pm

Nothing new. Same thing happens in every Brikwar. Glad you take such pleasure in it though :P It shows a healthy interest in the game. Also, (Peter), do Medix have a range of some sort? Like, they can revive a unit if their touching them in any way (with a lance?) or do they have to be a stud (1/3 of an inch) away? I forget if you specified or not :?
King of Brix
Minifig

Postby Moronstudios » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:13 pm

King of Brix: Arms reach

By the way, just so you know we have had a battle with medix:
http://www.freewebs.com/moronstudios/mashwithmedix.htm
Review here:
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Postby King of Brix » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:40 pm

Yeah, I looked, and reviewed in the other topic... The Battles of Moronstudios, which I check regularly. :D Good job.
King of Brix
Minifig

Next

Return to Bonus Material