Skull Mountain: Turn 3

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Elmagnifico

Skull Mountain: Turn 3

Postby Zahru II » Sat May 29, 2010 9:56 am

... now with a bodycount big enough to please even warhammer fanboys.

Malekim's Horde (Warhead):

At the beginning of the round, every poisonous gas dealt damage to nearby living units. The only casualty was the ork on top of the transport.

The crippled infernus gazed over the battlefield. Most creatures would slowly die in his situation, but being a demon, he'd do anything to wreck havoc until his final moment of existence. So, hes engulfed himself in his own demonic fire, and lunged himself towards his enemies, becoming a rolling wheel of fire. Most units dodged, but the beastmen and dungan were unlucky, and got killed. Mugg was hurt, and lost a hitpoint.

Glancing at the trail of destruction he left, the infernus passed away with a satisfied grin (being a demon of stone doesn't make you fireproof, y'know).

The gargoyle on the side of the field swooped to the ork arrowboys, who were pretty surprised.

The cultists picked up their bombes once again, and threw them at the ork boys. While it wasn't really effective, it killed 2 orks.

The Death Knight's raising attempts failed again. Alas, he ordered his skeletons to attack. Two orks were killed in the assault.

The damaged Glommox supported the attack, and blasted away 4 orks.

The infantry and remaining cavalry regrouped and formed a defensive wall. The officer of the rider's, while headless, was still able to steer his mount, although at random directions. This time he was lucky.

The other glommox moved away from the savagemen, fired at them, and killed one.

Finally, Malekim attempted to mind control the awesomeosaur, but it didn't work.

United Imperial Army (Bragallot):

The Clerics moved to safer positions, and healed both Amphyre and Niol. Both of them regained a hitpoint.

The cavalry regrouped. Niol attempted to inspire his newly resurrected knights, but failed. Luckily they managed to get on their steeds by sprinting (which is not funny in full armor).

The crossbowmen fired a volley of bolts at the spearboys. One died.

The infantries regroup, while the ballista fires at the champion ork, but failed to do harm.

The swordsmen took action, and killed 3 regular orks. 2 died in counterattacks.

Finally, Amphyre summoned a lightning field (indicated by inch-o-meter), to block ranged attacks.

Kensai's Warband (Theblackdog):

The remaining orks tried to perforate Amphyre's exposed leg, but weren't able to do enough damage.

The arrowboys vigorously attacked with their crossbow stocks. Strength in high numbers: they managed to hurt the gargoyle! He lost a hitpoint.

The surviving orkboys scrammed into the transport's safety.

All big units moved back a bit, while the launcher was slightly adjusted. This will hurt. Oh, and the troll moved a bit closer.

First, the transport rammed into the skellies, but only managed to knock them back.

Then, the awesomeosaur charged, and thrashed 3 skeletons.

But then...

POP!
It's the burrower!

He latches on the beast's head. Oh boy...

And you thought this obliteration wasn't enough? WRONG!

A pair of bolts flew right at the survivors.

They were blasted away.

The Direwood Brigade (gamey353):

Mugg, confused and hurt, did the first thing which a troll would naturally do: ATTACK!

and a cleric bit the dust.

The remaining savagemen charged, and hit the glommox hard. Another hit, and it's done for sure.

Arthel and Flint recovered, only to realise they're in the middle of an upcoming charge. So they found it better to hijack some steeds and move towards the undead (both feats were undoable, I had to improvise).

That was turn 3 guys, I await your orders dor turn 4!

Here's the obligatory overview:
Last edited by Zahru II on Sun May 30, 2010 11:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
BFenix wrote:Zahru kicks so much ass!

Best rank+avatar combo on the boards

My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Warhead » Sat May 29, 2010 10:48 am

Now THIS! This was a much more pleasing turn. :D
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Bragallot » Sat May 29, 2010 10:57 am

Yeah, I'd title it: Warhead strikes back. That rolling Infernus was menacing... there go half of my allies, and it indirectly killed my cleric as well. Still it went pretty well for me, but I'm still excited about how this is gonna turn out.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:I hope to offend everyone.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Location: Trying to find something else to put here now that I have a new custom rank.

Postby gamey353 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:19 am

Sorry about Mugg spearing your clerics,he was confused.
gamey353
Hero

Postby Warhead » Sat May 29, 2010 11:20 am

Yeah, I was pretty desperate though. I'm amazed it even worked but there's always a price, my poor Towering Infernus. I have no delusions as to the outcome, damn those Knights are tough.

Gotta' say, all these units have been a pleasure to use and to face. Very good armies IMHO.
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Zahru II » Sat May 29, 2010 11:59 am

Appendix: one of Warhead's skeletons on top is still alive, I was a clumsy jerk, and accidentaly swept him away.

Anyway, the Infernus's feat was pretty 'heroic' for a demon. Like, I can imagine a grand orchestra playing in the background, while the whole action happens in slo-mo, from a ton of angles.

I wish I was a producer.
BFenix wrote:Zahru kicks so much ass!

Best rank+avatar combo on the boards

My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Bragallot » Sat May 29, 2010 1:24 pm

What's stopping you from giving it a go? We'd be one step closer to making ZZD into a movie :) (the next step would probably be accumulating a couple of billions for all the special effects)
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:I hope to offend everyone.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Location: Trying to find something else to put here now that I have a new custom rank.

Postby Warhead » Sat May 29, 2010 1:54 pm

Haha, I use a torch and don't even have Photobucket editing let alone Photoshop so the ZZD movie if similar would be like a 1950 sci-fi B-movie on a string budget.

I know what you mean Zahru. I'd love to write fantasy fiction and Sci-Fi novels. But my English sucks. The stories that are trapped inside my head...
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Sloopofwar » Sat May 29, 2010 9:59 pm

Ditto here. I have stories in my head I lack the language to express. It's horrific. :?
Sloopofwar
Cannon Fodder

Return to Forum Battles