Firefly Run Signup/Turn 0

They're all the rage

Moderators: Elmagnifico, BrickSyd

Firefly Run Signup/Turn 0

Postby Elmagnifico » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:39 pm

[indepthbackstory]In the year 2012, on December 12th, at 1200 hours, the world ended. Nobody knows who launched the first missile, but in less than five minutes most of the world's countermeasures and secret anti-missile defenses were overwhelmed by a nuclear deluge. With the large cities devastated by nuclear fallout, and the military destroyed by missile strikes and a collapse in the chain of command, the United States of America ceased to exist. New societies were formed by survivors on the bones of the old one, but without the legitimacy and power of the federal government to back them up in the decades following the war, none of the proto-nations were able to reunify the country.

Nowadays, the most powerful and advanced faction in what was the southwest United States is Trident Co., an oil conglomerate that was able to buy drilling rights in the Gulf by absorbing its rival, Octan Oil, in the years leading up to the war. From its seat of power, the massive Trident Co. Drilling Station Alpha, the company makes a brisk business selling its crude oil to refineries all along the gulf coast. The company then uses this wealth to buy the services of all the best scientists on the Continent. This has lead to Trident Co. possessing a monopoly on technology in this part of the world.

Until now.

An employee of Trident Co., one Dirk Winters, has defected from the company, and has stolen a top-secret Solar Modulator, a solar panel so efficient, it can power a city from a 2x4 foot surface on a cloudy day. In possession of this macguffin, Winters stowed away aboard a refinery ship headed for the Kingdom of The Burg, a small nation on the coast of what was Florida. Not trusting the government of The Burg to not simply hand him over to Trident Co. should he give them the module, Winters stole a buggy from a passing caravan, and is now racing along the Firefly Run, a trade route between The Burg and the Canaverals, a powerful faction who are Trident Co.'s main enemies in the Peninsula. [/indepthbackstory]

And now, the Brikwar!

Here, we have an overview of the battlefield as it stands right now.

In the lead by a few inches is Dirk Winters, in his stolen Krimson Kruzer ATV. He's only one against many, but he's got a few tricks up his sleeve, not to mention his Heroic Feat.

Immediately behind him, we have the Road Warriors, a group of mercenaries moving between contracts. They have an inkling that stuff's about to go down, so they've manned the guns and are preparing for trouble, with the exception of Slyboots the Sniper in the back there, who is still trying to get his beauty rest. Their hero is the dude with the pirate hat, known only as Captain.

An inch or two behind them, we have the Krimson Karavan. Armed and dangerous, these guys are not happy about someone stealing their buggy. Their hero is Maxim Von Brag, the dapper gentleman in the top hat.

Lastly, but most certainly not leastly, we have Trident Co., driving an old Octan Oil Landkrusher juggernaut. Their hero is the man in the white power armor, Jericho Maxwell.

[Factions Available]
Dirk Winters: 501st Cadians
Road Warriors: Tuefish
Krimson Karavan: Aoffan23
Trident Co.: Yoda_Dog
Secret Faction 1: Warhead
Secret Faction 2: Solvess
Secret Faction 3: Ogel96
[/Factions Available]

The first to both post in this thread and issue orders will get that faction. Limit one faction per user. Alts will be ignored.
Warning: this battle may contain more than the recommended daily dose of awesome. The FDA does not endorse this battle. Reading this battle may cause awesome overdose. You have been warned.

All vehicles may use a boost to jump five inches foward and/or the brakes to drop five inches back once per turn. Other than that, mechanics are going to work the same as all Brikwars battles. Good luck!
Last edited by Elmagnifico on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Warhead » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Warhead reporting for duty SAH! 8)
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby aoffan23 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:49 pm

This sounds awesome. Count me in.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby solvess » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Sounds great I will join.
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."
solvess
Galidor

Postby 501stCadians » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:11 pm

I call dirk Winters.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
Playmobil

Postby Elmagnifico » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:19 pm

Well then, don't just stand there, submit your orders!

Except for you warhead, let them play for a turn or so, I'll PM you what your faction looks like.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Warhead » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Yeah, let the suckers think they're in with a chance and then rip their hearts out and then eat it in front of them. Classic.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Elmagnifico » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Now, all of you except Warhead and Tuefish, until I see orders in my inbox, your possession of those factions is not final. If someone else sends in orders first, they get the faction, just FYI.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby solvess » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Can I get a secret faction?
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."
solvess
Galidor

Postby Elmagnifico » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:03 pm

Sure, they don't need orders until next turn.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Silent-sigfig » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:14 pm

Trident Co.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Ogel96 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:24 pm

Secret Faction 3
My doctor says I have an obsession with vengance. We'll just see about that
My 550th post was "JANE-FREAKIN-GOODALL".
I called the Ghostbusters in my 600th post.
Ogel96
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Dragonfire666666 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:52 pm

Krimson Karvan looks open I'll take it.
TROLOLO
Dragonfire666666
Officer

Postby aoffan23 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Well crap. Everyone's taken all the factions, but I've already called a spot...

What happens now? If I still get the spot I'll take Krimson Karavan, since it was the last taken. If not, then have fun guys!
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby Elmagnifico » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:50 am

Nobody's given me orders I can recognize except 501st, so all the main factions are still up for grabs.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Next

Return to Forum Battles