Interlude: Arrival of the Slayer

They're all the rage

Moderators: Elmagnifico, BrickSyd

Interlude: Arrival of the Slayer

Postby Bragallot » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:59 pm

A lone individual that resembled a living armoury as closely as a man ever could arrived on the shores of the Kingdom.

Come to think of it, I've never really checked if there was anything beyond the oceans that bordered our Empire. Ships once sailed in this direction, but none ever returned... Hey, what's going on there?

Certainly inhabited, this place. It looks like some kind of invasion by other-worlders is going on, and they're enslaving those weak-looking dudes and forcing them through a portal.

"Look!"

I've been discovered.

"A slave! Get him!"

"A-ha! Seems this place has something to offer!"

"Get him!"

As the Falx lancers charged, Zahru, with no place to put them, dropped his main weapons for a second and reached for his bow.

The bow shot through both horse and rider. Though it was not the weapon he was most proficient with, Zahru's bow was sure deadly; it held the same power as a crossbow.

"Argh!"

While at the same time retaining its range and better rate of fire.

"What the hell is going on there? Kill that barbarian already!"

An unhealthy number of Falx began to bear down on Zahru's position.

Upon which Zahru calmly reached for the axe connected to the chain that was slugged around his body.

With massive force, he sent it flying towards one of the lancers...

"Urghl!"

*whoosh*

*clatter*

He then threw the axe and let the chain slip. It tore through a soldier's head and as it was stopped, the chain swung around and hit one in the face, breaking his nose and killing him instantly.

However, a rider had almost reached him and his little move had left the Slayer without time to pick up his weapons.

Time to get inventive.

"Aaaah!"

The soldier landed in the water, where his armour pulled him down.

Zahru then threw the lance through a soldier that had gotten close.

Drawing his katana, he slashed right through another's defences, but his right side was now undefended...

"Aah!"

Bending back, he managed to barely avoid the sword and caused the lancer who had gotten up again to stab his mate down.

The katana quickly ended it for the lancer before he could express any regrets.

When Zahru sent his katana flying into the final spearman, the first wave had been dealt with, but one of the commanding knights was leading more heavily-armed reinforcements against him.

"You're charging in like savages! This is a disgrace to our name! Organise your efforts! Encircle him and attack simultaneously from all sides!"

Using their superior numbers, the halberdiers managed to get Zahru in a bit of trouble. Having picked up his main weapons again, he managed to block the first incoming strikes above his head, but a third one was aimed at his unprotected stomache...

"Die!"

To be continued...
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Warhead » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:39 pm

Cool fight! 8)
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:07 pm

excellent...

Looks to be a great battle.
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby BFenix » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:11 pm

Zahru kicks so much ass! can't w8 for the rest of it!
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Zahru II » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:36 am

BFenix wrote:Zahru kicks so much ass!

Got my new sig :)

Great, just simply great :D Thanks :D
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby RunsWithLegos » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:22 am

aw, no Death Seekers.

awesome intro!
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Bragallot » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Zahru was hit! His weapons were beginning to give way below the pressure as the halberdier drew back for a second thrust...

To make matters worse, the water had apparently not been deep enough to kill the lancer, and he picked up a sword with a vengeance...

TROGDOOOOR

Ba-doom.

At the same time...

"Ambush! It's the Hitokiri! Defend the portal!"

Zahru's reflexes had allowed him to jump away from the impact, but he wasn't granted a chance to recover.

"Hah! You may have escaped the blast but you lost your weapons!"

However, Zahru wasn't just going to let himself be cut down...

So he flipped, barely avoiding the blade.

When he turned, he started throwing a flurry of previously hidden knives at the knight.

However all bounched harmlessly off his shield.

"Don't think you can compare my skills to those of my soldiers!"

"And don't think I'll hold back because you happen to be-"

"Ghk!"

And to think I use these as ranged weapons...

Another already?!

"This is all your fault! Die!"

"Hah! Stupid trick! I can just let go of my lance! Now eat this!"

"Yes, but..."

"Argh!"

*thump*

"You bastard! I'll make you pay..."

"Fine. Let's fight on even terms, then."

As Zahru was still recovering from the shield thrust, the knight sent a vicious strike towards his shield arm.

Knocking it away from him.

"Seems we're not on even terms anymore!"

"Hold on, I haven't started using my good arm yet."

"Liar! You were using both your arms!"

"I wasn't expecting you to understand..."

"What the-?"

The leather armour on Zahru's left arm suddenly ripped open as he pushed with full force.

"Aaargh!"

Meanwhile...

Roar?

ROAR

Outnumbered, outclassed, leaderless and taken by surprise, the Falx never stood any chance and were swiftly dealt with. However...

"He's escaping!"

"No he's not."

With the death of the summoner, the portal swiftly disappeared.

Saturnalia time, it's a-coming now...

Kage: "Well met, mighty one! I'm Kage, current leader of the Hitokiri, feudal rulers of these grounds."

Zahru: "Greetings. I'm Zahru."

Kage: "You fight with the strength of a great many warriors Zahru. We are grateful to you! You made our task here a whole lot easier and above all have rid us of a summoner - it's the only thing the Falx don't seem to have an infinite number of. Sadly, as I understand it, they made off with some villagers again... The Magus Guild have been doing their best to aid us, but more of these portals keep popping up faster than we can beat them down, and usually the damage is done before we arrive! Strong warriors are always welcome in stressful times as these, Zahru. We can give you protection throughout the kingdom and mend your wounds for now as well as offer a meal. Will you join us on our quest?"

Zahru: "Sure! I could use a guide anyway."
Last edited by Bragallot on Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Warhead » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:01 pm

:omnom: Very Cool.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Zahru II » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:17 pm

I'm awestruck. Great storytelling Brags!
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby BFenix » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:26 pm

And this was just a prologue! Nice one Brags, good expectations for the rest 8)
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:58 pm

Brags, this is right awesome. I want to see what's up with the Crownies, 'course, I do have an interest in that side of the equation...
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Killer Karetsu » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:49 am

Oh yeah! Zahru and hitokiri together!
And u still have the dragon :P
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!
Killer Karetsu
Mega Blok

Postby Bragallot » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:48 pm

The Falx is a huge Republic that spans across countless star systems, Runny. They're like my Burning Legion except for some little details. So basically it's not like I'm not accepting your Death Strikers or anything, in fact I think they're great! Just see them as one of the troop types in your part of the Brikverse :twisted: More plainly put, I don't have the black armours. Eh, maybe I'll make some some day but right now I'm completely happy with the size of the Falx army. You'd damn well better like the way these Falx look though! ;) I think they're some of the best army building I've done yet :)

@ Karetsu: I'm a bit lazy that way, I tend not to take things I built apart too quickly unless I REALLY need the parts. I really like the Subudragon and how he came to be so he is a stayer, as a reminder to that horrid series of rolls I once made for your hero ;)

@ Ross I basically stole Zahru's idea of a medieval world where technology doesn't work by putting my own guys on the same planet so I didn't have to think anything up myself to explain the lack of technology (or stop Warhead from dropping some Terrorkhan in there and slaughtering all my guys when he finally gets fed up with me ;)) and then kinda enlarged it. The Urban Guard I already used here and there (now renamed to Crown Guard) would be Imperials that unofficially set sail beyond their borders to conquer some more after they secured the world as they knew it and ended up in the Kingdom after a storm, where they were then enlisted by the guy who was King at the time 'cos too much of them had died on the seas and during the storm to still conquer anything. My Kingdom doesn't have see-able ships so they couldn't return and the King wouldn't let them build them. The King at the time then spread him out over the cities to keep them divided and stop them from rebelling so they could go home, which meant the birth of a professional city watch at the time. I hope Zahru will forgive me and I'm not ruining some epic story he's planning :wink:

Just making this up from the top of my head, really. And to think I once just got these guys because I needed the armour sets from the set with the weapon rack and thought it had some pretty useful parts. I like crownies though, and will be looking to expand them a little. Will need to add some characters anyway.

@ BF You got that right my man, big interlude = big battle. It's going to take me more to set it up since it'll be bigger than anything I did before. My room is a bit of a mess currently so I'll have to make space, finish some builds (both to get stuff out of the way as for the battle itself), assemble the factions, set up the table... Besides I really have to start studying for real starting tomorrow or I'm done for x') Things tend to get busy in this time of the year. But I'll make it happen, I already have a picture in my mind of how I want it to be, which is half the work. There should also be enough factions to please yall this time around... well I hope so.

@ Silverdream Trust me, he (and everyone) will have their hands full dealing with the Falx when they're not being slaughtered in story-mode ;) But yeah, he'll likely kick ass since I have to compensate for numbers somewhere. What they faced here was only the beginning though...
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Apollyon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:19 pm

So i understand this is all taking place on Medivo? Cool! I am sure the planet is large enough to have different continents which are so far away from each other that (without oceangoing ships) quite a lot of different human factions could be present on it while orks and undead could be anywhere.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar

Postby Warhead » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Excuse me, but are you fucking with my bubble of suspended disbelief?
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Next

Return to Forum Battles