Moderators: Kommander Ken, Elmagnifico, Duerer, BrickSyd

Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Operation Mastercutor (Round 7)

Post by Craigallot » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:52 am

Round 7

Brace for the best round so far!

Lt. Myrna - theblackdog

Myrna flew around, cleverly staying out of range, and fired a well-aimed torpedo, but the target wasn't the hull...

The torpedo disappeared into an airlock and caused an internal explosion, killing 4 marines :shock: Angelica was nearly caught in the blast.

Crucifix - Warhead

The autolaser's targeting computers were unable to lock onto the fast moving, small target Myrna's Mobhunter represented.

The dogfight continued.

The bomber fired aimlessly as he flew towards the Mastercutor's bridge, into the jaws of awaiting point defense fire...

Even as a blast caught him and his vessel caught fire the pilot continued steering himself towards the bridge...

Where he exploded against the Mastercutor's shields.

"Duchess! You're alive!"

"Of course I am! Those repair crews won't get anything done. Prepare to ram the Mastercutor! Shields and speed at maximum! Also, send the men to the boarding pods!"

"Yes Duchess!"

The pilot crit succeeded in making the Crucifix move faster and Angelica increased the strength of the shields dramatically, focusing them towards the front. (second pilot failed) Even so, it didn't ram the Mastercutor yet, though it was close.

"Lieutenant to bridge. We're ready to begin boarding!"

"Fine! Commence boarding action immediately! Show them no mercy!"

Thanks to the bomber's suicide run, the boarding pods could safely be deployed to cross the remaining distance.

"My lord, they have boarded the hangar bay. Enemy forces are moving towards sector 5."

"Gut. Zent de squads do devend."

Sector 5 was quickly garrisoned.

A host of ripperbots and wolf marines, led by a farce-wielding pilot, prepared a defence.

At the end of the corridor was a door that led to the next room from where the bridge could be accessed, but it was sealed off with a lethal heat wall.

This power crystal had to be removed to deactivate the heat wall.

Guns blazed and chaos ensued as the conquistadores and remaining marines marched into the corridor.

Three wolves and a marine hit the ground dead, and the droids and pilot wasted no time to rush in over their bodies to close for melee.

Losses were even: two droids fell to counters while one conquistador was brutally ripped apart and the final marine met the pilot's beamsabre.

Mastercutor - me

The fighters finally destroyed their opponent.

I wanted to fire the Mk. 2 missiles with my hero to destroy the Brittanians and thought 'all I gotta do now is NOT roll two 1's' ... and then that's exactly what I did :lol: The missiles exploded prematurely, destroying one of the Mk. 2 launchers and bringing the hull down to 3 SP.

Undaunted, the Mastercutor pushed on. One droid crit failed firing the turrets while another failed to increase accuracy. Nevertheless the point defence systems that were in range managed to take out two of the slow-moving Brittanian strike fighters.

"Dime Do dry someding... Oops." Sir Bragallot's attempt at unleashing a sonic wave from the Mastercutor shook the entire ship, he'll be busy fixing the damage it caused next turn (so no heroic feat).

On board the Mastercutor

The wolves worked together to blow a conquistador's head off while the pilot engaged another adversary.

In the melee, another droid fell to a counter.

Brittanian Ironclad - mgb

The strike fighters flew in to attack the bridge, but due to their limited range the point defence systems managed to take them out before they could get in close enough.

Sr Martin Starr attempted to increase shields, but crit-failed, causing the shields to drop! (by 1) Weapon output was increased by a successful pilot.

Overviews

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Bragallot wrote:Sir Bragallot's attempt at unleashing a sonic wave from the Mastercutor failed
Could have seen that one coming...

Awesome round. Boarding actions are always fun. And I can't believe my feat actually worked...
[21:30:33] Scritch: you can put it in theblackdog

Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Post by Craigallot » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:14 am

Heh, I'm happy it did, if you look at the boarding action you can see I would've been fucked if it hadn't :lol: