While technically defined as a mobile all terrain gun platform, driven by treads, with a cannon capable of firing while mobile, most mini-figs find this definition too strict, to them a tank can be any armored vehicle with weapons and 'Tank' in its name. The ranks of tanks now include all sorts of war machines, such as walking and hovering tanks.
Types of Tank
- Normal (Tracked): Most tanks use treads for propulsion. This is usually an unmarked category; people would just call it a tank instead of saying it is a Normal or Tracked tank.
- Walking: Some vehicles use legs to climb over rough terrain, and make effective (awesome) tanks. They have two legs but are not to be confused with mecha which have arms or arm-like appendages.
- Spider Tanks: These have at least four legs, possibly more. Again, they do not have other humanoid features such as arms or a human-like head because that would get them categorized as mecha.
- Hover: Use some bullshit mumbo-jumbo to achieve flight despite the lack of spinny bits, usually anti-gravity or hover jets.
- Super: A pre-fix added when someone needs to increase there piltogg level. Usually only the largest tanks, the size of moving bunkers, get this designation.