stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: The Antihellium

Post by stubby » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:32 am

Vami IV wrote:
Violation:
holy shit
Vami banned himself?
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:48 am

Didn't see that one coming...

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:34 am

stubby wrote:
Vami IV wrote:
Violation:
holy shit
Vami banned himself?
The Moderation queue is basically full of Vami deleting his posts, it's kind of funny. I like to imagine him metaphorically punching himself for how bad his posting is.

Anyway thinking about Antihellium got me wondering. What if it was a 'bricks or it didn't happen' style arrangement? No more long-winded prose or backstory. Either it happened in physical bricks somewhere, or it never happened. To take it a step further, microscale should only reflect existing models.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:31 pm

dilanski wrote:
stubby wrote:
Vami IV wrote:
Violation:
holy shit
Vami banned himself?
The Moderation queue is basically full of Vami deleting his posts, it's kind of funny. I like to imagine him metaphorically punching himself for how bad his posting is.

Anyway thinking about Antihellium got me wondering. What if it was a 'bricks or it didn't happen' style arrangement? No more long-winded prose or backstory. Either it happened in physical bricks somewhere, or it never happened. To take it a step further, microscale should only reflect existing models.
If you want to go back to 2009 that damn badly, build a time machine

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:50 pm

Vami IV wrote:If you want to go back to 2009 that damn badly, build a time machine
For what? You punching yourself metaphorically, or having a bricks only policy? I mean sure, I could write an essay on the pro's and con's of non-brick based storytelling in the Brikverse, but we are just spitballing what a counterpart to Nehellenium would be like, and what would make it different enough to warrant being separate.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:39 pm

dilanski wrote:Looking back, I find it quite funny how we all managed to pile into Natalya's galaxy which at the time was full of awesome battles between the forums premier players, and somehow turn it into a boring place where nothing happens.

If you want Antihellium to become a thing, here is a little backhanded way to do it. Make it a mirror universe. Every faction that exists in Nehellenium, also exists within Antihellium. All the changes you mentioned are however in effect. No true mutual alliances can exist, only enemy of my enemy style arrangements. On top of this, the Immortal Invasion is in full swing, because I am fed up of waiting for it to get underway. Also, ban LDD. I love LDD stuff and all, but it kind of has caused some problems.
How is it I thought of this EXACT same thing completely independent of this
like how
did somebody read my stuff and go and travel in time and make this a thing?
like wut da hek? :wtc:
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:22 pm

stubby wrote:Finishing is overrated
Quote to describe Immortal War
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Vami IV wrote:
dilanski wrote:Anyway thinking about Antihellium got me wondering. What if it was a 'bricks or it didn't happen' style arrangement? No more long-winded prose or backstory. Either it happened in physical bricks somewhere, or it never happened. To take it a step further, microscale should only reflect existing models.
2009 was pretty great, not gonna lie.

But yeah, the reason Nehellennium was awesome and then turned boring is because it went from mostly :gtfo: to mostly brickless long-winded prose and backstory. Walls of text are fine in support of brick storylines, but pretty lame for replacing them. After awhile I just started skipping most people's backstory prose posts entirely because I knew they weren't going to result in anything actually happening.

And you know. It's not like the text posts get deleted (that often). If a wall-of-text poster surprises everybody by following up with actual bricks and battles, I can always go back and read the wall of text now that it means something.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:02 pm

stubby wrote:
Vami IV wrote:
dilanski wrote:Anyway thinking about Antihellium got me wondering. What if it was a 'bricks or it didn't happen' style arrangement? No more long-winded prose or backstory. Either it happened in physical bricks somewhere, or it never happened. To take it a step further, microscale should only reflect existing models.
2009 was pretty great, not gonna lie.
-Snip-
Except for the recession
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:08 am

I'm not dead I swear. That battlefield is getting bigger. I need more baseplates.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:16 pm

sometimes I think an evil wizard has put a curse on the forums that prevents us from finishing anything- or maybe over time my laziness has just slowly infected everyone else.