LEGO Worlds!

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: LEGO Worlds!

Post by stubby » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:47 pm

Tzan wrote:
I expect stories of the sunk costs gone into LEGO Universe are told to young LEGO execs at bed time, as cautionary tales to never try again.
Right up until they did.
I was in that twitter conversation with Megan; my first reply to that tweet was to ask if she'd heard the rumors about Lego Worlds (which I'd only heard myself a couple hours earlier thanks to Zahru). The news sites that picked up the Lego Dongs story grabbed the image scan and for 24 hours all the news was "IS 'LEGO WORLDS' LEGO'S SECRET NEW DONGS GAME" and then Lego Worlds released Early Access without any warning the next day.

So, since then, Megan and I have been trying to figure out if we somehow caused WB's PR guys to announce Worlds earlier than they'd planned to, in order to take advantage of all the Lego dongs coverage.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:28 pm

stubby wrote:So, since then, Megan and I have been trying to figure out if we somehow caused WB's PR guys to announce Worlds earlier than they'd planned to, in order to take advantage of all the Lego dongs coverage.
Yes I'm sure thats it. :D

They wanted to close the dong gap.
I suppose now I'll need to create a secret dong mode.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:09 am

"LEGO COVERED IN DONGS!"

~Mike Rayhawk. 2015.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:05 pm

Colette wrote:Man the available brick palette is so disappointing. I thought I would be able to play through my Containment Breach battlefields.
Zupponn wrote:So, I bought this game. I am not happy with it. First, the controls are really bad. They are very unintuitive and from what I've seen lack a way to remap them. Second, the game is a CPU killer. I won't brag about my PC specs, but I run games like DOTA 2 and Elite: Dangerous with less lag than this. Third, the menu is horrible. I try to type in a name for my new world and as soon as I use the wasd keys, it moves to a different menu option because you use wasd to navigate the menu. Lastly, there's nothing to do. The exploration thing gets old really fast, especially when I've explored Minecraft a shit ton already.

So I'll give the game a 1/10 because I got to fly a dragon.
Gee, that game's still in development, guys! Just give it some more time and they'll fix that issues, for sure.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:10 am

And I understand that, but I paid money for this game. I expect there to be bugs and lag, but many of the problems I have with it are inexcusable for a game they are selling in my eyes. The menu issue is a perfect example.

stubby

Post by stubby » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:27 am

Zupponn wrote:And I understand that, but I paid money for this game. I expect there to be bugs and lag, but many of the problems I have with it are inexcusable for a game they are selling in my eyes. The menu issue is a perfect example.
You didn't pay money for a game, you paid money for early access to a game in development. I'm not sure how you didn't expect to get exactly what the Steam page told you you were getting.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:19 pm

stubby wrote:
Zupponn wrote:And I understand that, but I paid money for this game. I expect there to be bugs and lag, but many of the problems I have with it are inexcusable for a game they are selling in my eyes. The menu issue is a perfect example.
You didn't pay money for a game, you paid money for early access to a game in development. I'm not sure how you didn't expect to get exactly what the Steam page told you you were getting.
Yes I did. But I also expected the game to be playable, so I guess that's my fault.

stubby

Post by stubby » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:25 pm

Zupponn wrote:Yes I did. But I also expected the game to be playable, so I guess that's my fault.
Welcome to the exciting world of Early Access? That's pretty much how it works. Steam lets you get refunds now if you thought you were buying something other than that.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:14 am

Early Access is by definition selling an unfinished product, You obviously didn't play minecraft when it came out if you think LEGO worlds has issues.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:20 am

tahthing wrote:Early Access is by definition selling an unfinished product, You obviously didn't play minecraft when it came out if you think LEGO worlds has issues.
I played it before it was released when it was just a flash game. Then I rediscovered it some time after it was running well, so no, I didn't.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:01 pm

New update's on the way!
The major new feature we’re excited to share lets you take your adventures underground…

https://twitter.com/LEGOWorldsGame/stat ... 4147043329

…so look for an opening and explore the naturally occurring cave networks looking for more treasures and dangers.

Next, we are adding some fun new characters, creatures, vehicles and props ready to discover in your worlds, though it’s up to you to find them!

We'll also be introducing several Community-requested changes based on the mammoth Feedback thread found on the main discussions page, including;

* Windowed mode.
* Quit to Windows in game.
* Interior props.
* Y-Axis invert for camera look.

Additionally, we hope to resolve several technical issues;

* 32Bit OS random crashes.
* Overall Performance Issues.
* Dual Monitor Launch issues.
* Unable to launch with Parental Controls active on any setting.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:28 pm

This is great and all... but when can I build a tank?

bluebright
Officer

Post by bluebright » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:41 pm

Multiplayer! Gahhhh that should be like the first thing they do...

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:08 am

This is like the LEGO Universes I never had

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:01 pm

tahthing wrote:Also noticed you can't spawn vehicles underground, not sure what the limits are.
You can, they just require a certain amount of unoccupied "Air" above you to spawn from.