Visage [PD:Ov2 DEMO]

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.
Contact:

Post by Olothontor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:30 am

enders_shadow wrote:EDIT: @Oloth: any chance the skullish wizard in your profile is gonna be the dungeon boss?
Unfortunately, that would be stealing. The sprite is an edited sprite from the old Rolan game (Gameboy Color, I believe it was for). I took it from a ripped spritesheet and decided to color it for the lulz.

No, no. I have other things in mind for the boss. Don't you worry.

Image

"Preparations are made, and the loot is divvied up between the both of you. Then, you make your way back to the starting point and stand at the threshold of the second door, Eldaric leading the way."

"The heavy wooden door creaks open to reveal a dusty, barren room with cracked cobblestone floors. The musk of death hangs quite heavily here, and the source is apparent. Lining the far wall is a series of alcoves, each of which bears an upright skeleton. At the sound of the door, the eye sockets begin to glow an eerie blood red, and they raise their weapons... "

Announcement wrote: Battle Mode active. Warning: Encounter of Medium Difficulty ahead. Engage with caution. Note: You may shut the door on an encounter in the first round of combat and the enemies will not pursue, however you get no rewards for that room (chests, creature loot, fudge points, etc). The room will still count as explored, and will factor into the number of rooms it takes to reach the Boss room.
Knife Skeleton 1 wrote: M2 R1 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2
Knife Skeleton 2 wrote: M2 R1 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2
Bow Skeleton 1 wrote: M1 R3 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2
Bow Skeleton 2 wrote: M1 R3 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2
Ross wrote: S5 D1 W3 M1 AP6 HP16(15) -HndAxe -ClothA -Pot.Acid
Eldaric wrote: S1 D4 W4 M2 AP8 HP13 -Bow -PairDaggers -Pot.Rest -Pot.Stone
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image

enders_shadow
Mega Blok
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Post by enders_shadow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:50 am

so... should we take 'em on? only 2 hp each, so if we actually hit them, we should be fine. :?
I'll wait on you, Ross, but if we do attack them, move up into the doorway so I can shoot the one across from me, but they can't reach me

User avatar
RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
Posts: 3941
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:23 pm

I think we'll try the doorway blocking technique again. Unfortunately, two of them are armed with a bow, so we may have a problem with that... Perhaps we could withdraw and entice them through the doorway next turn? Let's see...

Ok, tactics. The bow skeles will not be able to hit us this turn if we stay right where we are, but we won't be able to attack them. I'll move two spaces forwards and defend against the bow archer while you take your shot. Next turn of combat will involve rushing the second bowman.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Post by enders_shadow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:39 pm

except you can't move two spaces. how about I move up one space, take a potshot at the bow skele in front of me, and then we can retreat, b/c none of the others can shoot at me.

their armor is only 5, and my dex is 4, so I'd have to get a pretty fail roll to not kill him this turn :wink:

User avatar
RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
Posts: 3941
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:40 pm

True. I'll back out of the way so you have room to retreat. We'll pull them through the doorway and end them in here.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Post by enders_shadow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:43 pm

sounds good, and don't forget we can use our special action stuff... if we need to

Move up one step into the doorway, and shoot the bow wielding skellie across from me (making sure to hit that sunofabitch)

User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.
Contact:

Post by Olothontor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:46 pm

So, Eldaric is moving up and taking a shot at Bow Skellie #1, and Ross is moving back one? Got it.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image

User avatar
Robot Monkey
My Little Pony
Posts: 1939
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: The Edge

Post by Robot Monkey » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Any chance I could reserve a spot in this game?
If not, that's cool...
Image

User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.
Contact:

Post by Olothontor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:Any chance I could reserve a spot in this game?
If not, that's cool...
No, I'd like to leave it open. Currently, I'm not even sure there'll BE other slots available later. I may just leave it at 2 players.

Image

"Eldaric moves past the threshold of the doorway and fires an arrow dead ahead (to hit: 3), blowing the head clean off of the archer skeleton ahead of him (damage: 2)."

"Ross takes a step back and readies his axe."

"The skeletons move in around Eldaric slowly."

Knife Skeleton 1 wrote: M2 R1 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2
Knife Skeleton 2 wrote: M2 R1 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2
Bow Skeleton 1 wrote: M1 R3 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2
Bow Skeleton 2 wrote: Fatality!
Ross wrote: S5 D1 W3 M1 AP6 HP16(15) -HndAxe -ClothA -Pot.Acid
Eldaric wrote: S1 D4 W4 M2 AP8 HP13 -Bow -PairDaggers -Pot.Rest -Pot.Stone
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image

enders_shadow
Mega Blok
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Post by enders_shadow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:10 pm

step back two steps through the door, and shoot the knife skellie #1 if he comes in range
Last edited by enders_shadow on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
Posts: 3941
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Wait what- oh. Dammit. I guess I should have said stand still.

Ross moves forward, waiting for Eld to move out of the doorway.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Post by enders_shadow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:04 pm

nah, its okay, we can work with this. just remember that you need movement it the future :P hopefully everything'll work out so that I can shoot the two knife skellies, and then you can maul the bow one, and then everyone's happy :D

User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.
Contact:

Post by Olothontor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Alright.

Speaking of which, I've been doing things wrong: it says in he rulebook under Combat that you get to either Move, Attack, or use an item. This means you may not move AND attack in the same turn.

I think I'll also shamelessly steal something from D&D: held actions. Declaring that you are holding your action until [event x] means that you do nothing until [event x], in which case you act according to the action you gave when you said you were holding. Unlike D&D, though, holding does NOT bump your character up in the turn order; the following round he will return to his normal place within the order (which as you may have guessed at this point is based on Dex, Monsters always go after Players).
Mr. Example wrote: OH NOES A SKELLIE. I'm going to hold my action until the bastard moves forward, and then I'm going to hit him with my walking stick. Hard.

*Skellie shuffles forward on his turn*

*BONK*
We'll see how this works out.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image

enders_shadow
Mega Blok
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Post by enders_shadow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:34 pm

hmmm... than I'll take a couple steps back, and exchange weapons for my pair of daggers (that should be a swift action, right? if not, don't worry about that part)

User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.
Contact:

Post by Olothontor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:37 pm

Image

"No attacks are made, as everyone moves into place... "

"Eldaric stashes his bow and pulls it his new daggers, ready to take on anything that passes the doorway.

"Nothing comes from behind the door. These skeletons appear to have some intelligence behind their lifeless eyes."

Knife Skeleton 1 wrote: M2 R1 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2
Knife Skeleton 2 wrote: M2 R1 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2
Bow Skeleton 1 wrote: M1 R3 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2
Ross wrote: S5 D1 W3 M1 AP6 HP16(15) -HndAxe -ClothA -Pot.Acid
Eldaric wrote: S1 D4 W4 M2 AP8 HP13 -Bow -PairDaggers -Pot.Rest -Pot.Stone
Last edited by Olothontor on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image

Post Reply