Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Re: My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

Post by Falk » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:22 pm

RedRover wrote:I wish this came back
Same.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Robickx
BrikWars Legend

Post by Robickx » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:40 pm

R.i.p oh well, i suppose some other people have taken up the concept too :D

runnybabbit223
worth a try if your desprate

Post by runnybabbit223 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Woah,

I had completely forgotten about this...

and now it's GONE! :cry:
3... 2... 1... DRAGONS!

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:03 pm

I mean, it's still here. He might come back to it eventually.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Mon May 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Could we get this stickied for future generations?

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:59 pm

RedRover wrote:Could we get this stickied for future generations?
Please?
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

Legomc
you don't nessesarily think about what you are saying

Post by Legomc » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:11 am

Man, this was amazing. Oh well, :necro: :(
TheVengefulOne wrote:
XxXTheEdgiestMemeXxX wrote:>I believe Concave Dolphin is a very balanced and well-rounded team. However, Concave Dolphin could benefit from a healer and a tank. :tiger:
If you mean Concave Dolphin could benefit from being run over by a tank, I think they already have.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:07 pm

RedRover wrote:Could we get this stickied for future generations?
Thought about it but I recall we had that discussion about letting others decide for themselves what they like, just a year ago. So I personally limit stickies to the winner of the most current battle contest.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:36 pm

I realize this is a few years old, but if possible I'd like to try and revive this topic, and add my own character to the mix. :studgod:

Hmmmm did not occur to me to check the other 40 some pages of the thread. Hmm. Anyway, if anyone is doing an RPG, hit me up. :studgod:
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:36 am

^ Merged two of your posts into one. Bear in mind that you can edit you own posts, in case you want to add something to them.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:26 pm

Duerer wrote:^ Merged two of your posts into one. Bear in mind that you can edit you own posts, in case you want to add something to them.
Yeah, gud point.

Ill keep that in mind for later.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:15 pm

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:24 pm

Kommander Ken wrote::troll:
Whut?? I assure you, I have 0 idea whut your talking about...

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:14 am

This battle looks on par with ZZD and other epics. Still, there's one thing regarding the rules I'd like to whine about.

If CC weapons damage here is handled like in BW2010, the Damage stat seems somewhat underdeveloped. First of all, plain +1, +2, and +3 bonuses are in some ways more reliable than more randomized +1d6. Also, melee characters may very well become overpowered by investing in both Skill and Damage stats. The Skill stat already improves your effectiveness with CC weapons, and adding even more damage makes CC oriented builds seem ridiculously strong. For ranged characters, on the other hand, adding Damage to your firearms feels out of place, it's more fitting for a ranged weapon to receive such bonuses via weapon upgrades rather than character leveling up. But then again, should Damage stat affect only Close Combat attacks, it becomes really narrow-focused.

IMO, the Damage stat could be replaced with perks that are tied directly to hero's weapons or specialties. For example, during Level Up, if a player wants to get one perk, they may choose a ranged combat perk if they have a ranged weapon, a close combat perk if they have a CC weapon, a defense perk or a specialty perk, be it bonuses to Compensating, Stealth, Tracking, Pathfinding and so on.

Other than that, this ruleset is pretty great. Hope you'll return and finish this playtest, it's a great read.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:02 pm

Texhnophille wrote:This battle looks on par with ZZD and other epics. Still, there's one thing regarding the rules I'd like to whine about.

If CC weapons damage here is handled like in BW2010, the Damage stat seems somewhat underdeveloped. First of all, plain +1, +2, and +3 bonuses are in some ways more reliable than more randomized +1d6. Also, melee characters may very well become overpowered by investing in both Skill and Damage stats. The Skill stat already improves your effectiveness with CC weapons, and adding even more damage makes CC oriented builds seem ridiculously strong. For ranged characters, on the other hand, adding Damage to your firearms feels out of place, it's more fitting for a ranged weapon to receive such bonuses via weapon upgrades rather than character leveling up. But then again, should Damage stat affect only Close Combat attacks, it becomes really narrow-focused.

IMO, the Damage stat could be replaced with perks that are tied directly to hero's weapons or specialties. For example, during Level Up, if a player wants to get one perk, they may choose a ranged combat perk if they have a ranged weapon, a close combat perk if they have a CC weapon, a defense perk or a specialty perk, be it bonuses to Compensating, Stealth, Tracking, Pathfinding and so on.

Other than that, this ruleset is pretty great. Hope you'll return and finish this playtest, it's a great read.
Generally, CC has more raw power than range because range always has the advantage of not needing to cover as much ground in order to get attacks in. Plus, games that become too shooty tend to be a little less interesting in general since people would rather hide behind cover and hold their sight lines rather than charge the enemy for death and glory. When more actions are taking place on the battlefield, the players become engaged more and have more fun as a result.