Battle for the Glory of Satan! [TURN 2] LATE SIGNUP OPEN

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Flamer Shaftglutton
Hero

Battle for the Glory of Satan! [TURN 2] LATE SIGNUP OPEN

Post by Flamer Shaftglutton » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:08 pm

Turn 2:
ninja_bait succeeds this time, destroying the tortured soul, then struts around Ring 2.

StalinsFavoriteKhat executes a man fighting in the blood, then starts making his way up towards Ring 6.

motorhead fan attempts to bludgeon a bystander with the head of his last victim, but rolls a 1. He ends up waving the head in the man's face, who angrily snatches it away.

TheVengefulOne picks himself up. He sees Max-hell von Hammerman (Scribonius) nearby and suspects an upcoming attack. He saves his action for a reaction attack. Sure enough, Max-hell charges him. TheVengefulOne's halberd has better reach, and he easily strikes down Maxhell before he gets a strike in.

Bragallot drinks his mystery brew and blacks out. He awakes from his haze to find that he has killed 3 people and fashioned a club from the spines of his victims and his mangled shovel.

ReconMiner backs up and snipes the head off a lusty bystander on Ring 2.

Max-hell von Hammerman (Scribonius) swings his hammers, but instead of TheVengefulOne he hits a greedy bystander on Ring 4. Dazed by the respawning process, he does not do enough damage to kill the bystander.

Flamer Shaftglutton finally succeeds in killing the byander, gaining a skull.

Kenneth from Walmart (RedRover): A redneck with a need to pee on cars from billboards. He wields a triple-barreled shotgun, although two barrels are just empty cans of beer.
xXx_3Raz0r_xXx (Duerer): A nice guy with a greasy beard, 0.25 bitcoins, and two expensive but largely decorative katanas.

Kenneth (RedRover) spawns behind Flamer Shaftglutton.

xXx_3Raz0r_xXx (Duerer) spawns between Kenneth and TheVengefulOne.

Current Standings:
  • ninja_bait: maroon baseplate, Ring 2, 1 Skulls, 2 respawns remaining.
  • StalinsFavoriteKhat: red baseplate, Ring 5, 2.5 Skulls, 1 respawns remaining.
  • motorhead fan: hunter green baseplate, Ring 1, 0 Skulls, 2 respawns remaining.
  • TheVengefulOne: black baseplate, Ring 1, 1 Skulls, 2 respawns remaining.
  • Bragallot: baby blue baseplate, Bone Club, Heavy Weapon, Ring 1, 3 Skulls, 2 respawns remaining.
  • ReconMiner: yellow baseplate, Ring 1, 2 Skull, 2 respawns remaining.
  • Scribonius: olive green baseplate, Ring 4, 2 Skulls, 1 respawn remaining.
  • Flamer Shaftglutton: dark gray baseplate, Ring 1, 1 Skull, 2 respawns remaining.
  • RedRover: dark yellow baseplate, long ranged weapon, Ring 1, 0 skulls, 2 respawns remaining.
  • Duerer: light gray baseplate, heavy weapon, Ring 1, 0 skulls, 2 respawns remaining.

Other stuff:
1. Orders are due Wednesday, but we'll keep sneaking in turns if everyone is ahead of schedule.
2. Turn order is the order above, so in the order you joined the battle.
3. Late sign-ups are still open! Anyone who wants to join is free to do so.
motorhead fan wrote:I hope for more butt stuff in the future!
Duerer wrote:Jump onto the locust demon ahead of me and eat its ass for more power.

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Re: Battle for the Glory of Satan! [TURN 2] LATE SIGNUP OPEN

Post by Venge » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:15 pm

I use my halberd to kill the baby, then start moving towards the ramp to the next level.
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Scribonius
Nice TRIPS

Post by Scribonius » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:23 pm

TheVengefulOne wrote:I use my halberd to kill the baby, then start moving towards the ramp to the next level.
Yeah, halberd vs hammers isn't a good fight. I was hoping I'd hit you before you got up. Oops! I assume we lose collected skulls when we die. Does the player who killed us get those skulls then?

Oh well, I'm higher up the food chain - er, tower now, so on with the show! Take out one (or better yet BOTH) of the dudes pushing the boulder!

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Actually I don't think we lose skulls when we die. Your stats still list you as having two.
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:40 pm

Flamer Shaftglutton wrote:Image
Bragallot drinks his mystery brew and blacks out. He awakes from his haze to find that he has killed 3 people and fashioned a club from the spines of his victims and his mangled shovel.
Sweet as! :D

Ok, that was fun, and I guess I'm still intoxicated, so join the skeleton band and play a bone-shattering guitar solo! Get it? Bone-shattering?
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:33 pm

Slice and dice the guy next to the spider pit and take his skull. Also grab a few spiders as improvised throwing weapons, just in case.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:15 pm

Kenneth uses a hold my beer style feat to use the pressure in the two cans of beer to sky rocketed to the next level

Flamer Shaftglutton
Hero

Post by Flamer Shaftglutton » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:31 pm

And if you fail the gun blows up, leaving you weaponless?
Duerer wrote:Jump onto the locust demon ahead of me and eat its ass for more power.

Flamer Shaftglutton
Hero

Post by Flamer Shaftglutton » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:01 pm

Scribonius wrote:
TheVengefulOne wrote:I use my halberd to kill the baby, then start moving towards the ramp to the next level.
Yeah, halberd vs hammers isn't a good fight. I was hoping I'd hit you before you got up. Oops! I assume we lose collected skulls when we die. Does the player who killed us get those skulls then?

Oh well, I'm higher up the food chain - er, tower now, so on with the show! Take out one (or better yet BOTH) of the dudes pushing the boulder!
TheVengefulOne wrote:Actually I don't think we lose skulls when we die. Your stats still list you as having two.
You keep your skulls when you die. The person who killed you gets a skull from the bank to represent your head. In the in-person game we traded skulls the way you are describing, and it ended up being a nightmare. So now you only lose your skulls when you use them as Bennies (or willingly give them to Satan), but you get just 2 respawns. Each of our 3-4 units was respawning constantly, which stretched out the game.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:37 pm

Flamer Shaftglutton wrote:And if you fail the gun blows up, leaving you weaponless?
Gotta play hard to win hard

Scribonius
Nice TRIPS

Post by Scribonius » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:08 pm

TheVengefulOne wrote:Actually I don't think we lose skulls when we die. Your stats still list you as having two.
I did not notice that. My bad.
You keep your skulls when you die. The person who killed you gets a skull from the bank to represent your head. In the in-person game we traded skulls the way you are describing, and it ended up being a nightmare. So now you only lose your skulls when you use them as Bennies (or willingly give them to Satan), but you get just 2 respawns. Each of our 3-4 units was respawning constantly, which stretched out the game.
That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. My apologies for being inobservant, I've been dealing with some home repair issues and it is distracting me. :|

Flamer Shaftglutton
Hero

Post by Flamer Shaftglutton » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:00 am

Scribonius wrote:That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. My apologies for being inobservant, I've been dealing with some home repair issues and it is distracting me. :|
No problem. Since I ran the in-person battle first I have been fuzzy on which things were explicitly stated, so clarifications have been spread out across the threads. I've updated the main thread with all the extras for this game and I'm putting them below as well.
Flamer Shaftglutton wrote: Extra Rules:
  • When you kill someone (another player or animated NPC) you get a skull. These skulls are retained until you spend them.
  • Skulls can be spent as Bennies to add to any stat on your turn. Extra movement, extra damage, extra range, extra skill.
  • Should you reach Ring 9 (the top of the tower) you can spend your accumulated skulls (you don't have to spend all of them) to be transformed into a demon with superior stats. More skulls = even bigger and better.
  • You start the game with 2 respawns. When killed you will start your next turn on a random ring (determined by rolling 2D4), but lose 1 respawn. When killed with 0 respawns left you are out of the game.
  • You keep any skulls you accumulated when you die; your killer gets a skull from the "bank" to represent your head.
  • Baby skulls count as 1/2 of a skull, demon skulls count as 2 skulls.
  • Fire does no extra damage (since basically everything's constantly on fire)
  • The walls between each ring are generally sloped in the wrong direction for climbing, and are too tall for a single turn of movement. It would take 8" of movement to climb up 1 Ring, 16" to climb 2 Rings. This may be possible with Bennies of extra movement.
  • No heroes in this game, but this is Brikwars so silly feats related to your character are good.
Unit stats:
  • You guys: 4 armor, 1D6 skill, 5" movement (no surprise, just regular minifigs).
  • "Innocent" bystanders: 2 armor, no skill or movement, will not retaliate.
  • Trees: 2 armor, those on Ring 7 have skulls, will not retaliate.
  • Babies: 1 armor, no skill or movement, vermin, will not retaliate, baby skulls count half.
  • Demons: 2D6 armor, 1D8 skill, will retaliate if attacked, demon skulls count double.
  • Cerberus (the three headed dog on ring 3): 4 hitpoints, 1D10 armor per hitpoint; 1D8 skill; Bite attack: Use 2, 1D8 damage, can be use 2 or 3 times if the heads can reach; will retaliate if attacked.
  • Satan: 66D6 armor, no skill or movement, 6D10 supernatural dice for retaliating when attacked.
  • Everything else (spiders, scorpions, snakes, skeletons that aren't playing music, giant stone faces, etc.): no special stats, no skulls, worthless.
Also I'm using the Brikwars 2018 rules, although there haven't been any big difference yet from 2010 in this game.
RedRover wrote:
Flamer Shaftglutton wrote:And if you fail the gun blows up, leaving you weaponless?
Gotta play hard to win hard
That's not a final ruling or anything, in case it seemed like it. I'm definitely open to other ideas from the group on Stunt consequences. My in-person group tends to debate back and forth for a while before settling on appropriately scaled stunts/consequences.

ReconMiner
Hero

Post by ReconMiner » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:13 am

I'm gonna climb up the side of the cliff (making sure to only expose my top half) and snipe off the lusty bystander in the green jacket.
Gladius Industries
"Sometimes, bigger is better"

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:16 am

Debate? You mean 'makes What I Say Goes' rolls? :)
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Flamer Shaftglutton
Hero

Post by Flamer Shaftglutton » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:16 am

Bragallot wrote:Debate? You mean 'makes What I Say Goes' rolls? :)
More like a group discussion trying to reign in ultra-stunts and make consequences meaningful before the roll. So typically it'll be something like:

Player A: "My hero is going to leap off his horse and one-shot kill this other player's hero."
Player B: "Insta-kill seems kinda harsh against my best unit. What if you just do double damage since you're going fast?"
Player A: "Ok, I like that."
Player C: "And what if you fail?"
Player A: "Uh... I miss and end up next to the enemy hero."
Player D: "That's pretty tame. What if your foot gets caught in the stirrup and your horse drags you to the other side of the map?"
Player A: "Yeah, that'd be funny."

Then Player A and Player D do the Heroic Feat roll and counter-roll. Normally the feat itself is hilarious and we like it, but we're looking for ideas for failure. Like, "My hero is a swamp creature. I want to swim through the pipes, pop out of the sink, and attack that dude. If I fail then maybe I pop out of the wrong sink, nowhere near him?" "It'd be funnier if you get stuck halfway out of a toilet instead." (The player rolled a 1 in reality, and was hilariously stuck in a convention center toilet for a turn)

We never totally veto somebody if they're committed to a stunt, but we do try to balance it a bit beforehand if it seems lame or overpowered.

Edit: Dang it, I realized your joke immediately after posting. I'm leaving this up as a monument to my idiocy and in case anyone questions how Feats should work in this game. Give us your desired success and failure, and everyone is encouraged to chime in if they have a funnier idea. If you like someone's ideas better, we'll roll for that instead.