Krysto -- Turn 8

They're all the rage

Moderators: Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico, BrickSyd

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:33 am

Warhead wrote:Surprise. Piltogg won. What were the odds... :roll:

I think Stubby saw this coming and tried to warn me but I gave Piltogg the benefit of the doubt, which I now see I was wrong to do. I should have listened.

I think Natalya has it right, to take control host the battle for your relic yourself. Maybe that was what we should have done from the start.

It wasn't the OP issue that wasn't fun for me, I actually quite like the story and Champions should be Uber-hard. I also enjoyed some of the cool teams and especially Blitzen, pity the dice weren't as kind the last time she faced Piltogg.

What bothered me more and lost my respect was that the orders being carried out in my name were oddly dissimilar from those I gave on too many occasions. Too many super cool seeming weapons and Heroic actions I had made in an attempt to bring some creative fun to the game were either ignored or did little to nothing, and yes dice rolls can go either way but still I don't think I'm entirely responsible for the lump of fail that was the Ice Worlders. In this game they sucked the rind from the crispy knob of fail, which if they had done so while carrying out my orders I could live with. However, I felt I had very little control of my own team in this game, wither from poor orders (not something hosts normally complain of) or whatever. After a few turns of that treatment I sort of lost interest which was a real shame because of all the effort and coolness that was going on. For that I can only admit I lamed out.
Hell, I had the same problem, my sniper, my one and only trooper started in pistol range of a group of enemies and I got a crit fail. Not normally something to complain about but I was placed in the worst possible location for a sniper and my fate was pretty much sealed before the game started.
Fire, Fire, burning bright
Burning down the house tonight

Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 am

Cpl. Halan wrote: Hell, I had the same problem, my sniper, my one and only trooper started in pistol range of a group of enemies and I got a crit fail. Not normally something to complain about but I was placed in the worst possible location for a sniper and my fate was pretty much sealed before the game started.
That one was more a problem of Robot monkey originally being on your side and then traitoring over to the Akkadian's . if he hadn't done that, you would have had the best spot on the field for sniping. It was elevated, well covered, plenty of nearby hiding spots, plenty of human meatsheilds between you and the enemy, you had a wide open field of view and it was like 2.5 feet away from the enemy position.

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:18 pm

Oh, I'd thought you knew about Robot's treachery before you set up the battle. But you're right, if the slimy bastard hadn't turned, I would have done a lot of damage.
Fire, Fire, burning bright
Burning down the house tonight

Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:18 pm

But alas, It was not to be. I realized Piltogg was going to become an unstoppable killing machine, so I chose to ally with him.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Piltogg your character will take an active role in the battles I do. I'm just out of country right now so I can't get stuff started yet.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Natalya: ok good. I'n that case I will pm you the akkadian political responses which depend on the outcome of the battle.

Robot Monkey: And wise decision it was. As a result of your participation at krysto, you will be awarded the original OTC after our little experiment has run it's course.