Third Alliance War Microspace- UPDATED with Praetorian fleet

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Bragallot, Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Third Alliance War Microspace- UPDATED with Praetorian fleet

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:42 pm

A squadron of new Bavarian Navy ships, products of the Teknology exchange between Bavaria and the T.L.A., depart on their shakedown cruise.

The Verklempt-class frigate is an older design, armed with a pair of anti-capital proton cannons. Its severely underpowered engines have been replaced with T.L.A. built drive torches, allowing it to keep pace with modern Bavarian ships and bring its still-massive firepower to bear.

The new Weltschmerz frigate is nearly as fast as the fighters it is designed to shoot down. It uses the twin-hulled design shared by many Bavarian ships, but with T.L.A. high-output engines and ultra-light ABS. It also uses a variant of the Gamma-class frigate's overdrive system to temporarily boost its laser cannons' rate of fire.

Dilanski will recognize some of these ships... personally, I'm surprised he hasn't built one like this yet.

The Schadenfreude-class cruiser is the largest design so far to incorporate T.L.A. Teknology in the form of advanced drive systems and alloys, allowing it to accelerate as fast as most frigates. Its four heavy cannons can fire a wide range of payloads.

Last edited by Theblackdog on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[21:30:33] Scritch: you can put it in theblackdog

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: Third Alliance War Microspace

Post by Silverdream » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Very nice. I prefer these over most of my Bavarian micro space ships.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Thanks. Praetorian ships are next.

DeltaV
Officer

Post by DeltaV » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:37 am

Man, these kind of creations make me wish I had more smooth and slanted bricks.
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:08 pm

The Revenge-class frigate is a Praetorian experiment, a frigate-sized hull armed with two OT blaster cannons that allow it to pose a significant threat to much larger vessels. T.L.A. intelligence has noted the ship's capabilities and designation with alarm, fearing that it was designed to take part in a reprisal against the T.L.A. for its brief involvement in the second battle of New York. Its speed and firepower make it an ideal ship to chase down and engage the T.L.A.'s fast but lightly armored cruisers.

The design could probably be cleaned up and better detailed, but I'm about through with it right now and ready to move on to other things.
There are two many transparent elements in this pic, but the trans-neon piece is part of the stand, not the ship.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Re: Third Alliance War Microspace -- UPDATED 12/8/13

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:50 pm

The Revenge-class with the rest of the Praetorian fleet. This task group has been making daring raids into Bavarian space, led by a commander known only as 'the Shadow'.

The Legionnaire-class frigate is a simple workhorse ship. Two tri-gun turrets allow it to repel attacks by fighters or frigates, and it can generate a bubble shield to defend nearby allies.

Armed with eight vertical missile tubes and able to deploy a massive swarm of drones, the Hex-class cruiser is capable of taking on large numbers of frigates or fighters at once as well as going toe to toe with other cruisers.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Re: Third Alliance War Microspace- UPDATED with Praetorian f

Post by The Shadowscythe » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:54 pm

I see my turret design has spread . . . good, good . . .

*Insert evil cackle here*
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:40 pm

The Assassin-class cruiser is a new addition to the Praetorian fleet, built for precision strikes deep behind enemy lines. Four missile launchers provide concentrated firepower, and its high speed and reduced sensor signature allows it to slip past enemy defenses.

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:12 am

All the old images have broken.
This is the way the world ends.
Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:33 am

I would love to see this thread go on.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:01 am

@loafofcheese: The old images are hosted on brickshelf, which was down for maintenance until recently. The Assassin is hosted on Photobucket. The old images work fine for me now.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:52 pm

Vami IV wrote:I would love to see this thread go on like Bonn-o-Tron.

Small for a frigate and built more like an oversized fighter, the Dragoon is not exactly an imposing vessel. Its two short range missile tubes provide respectable firepower, but its true purpose is to carry several of RARcom's latest military technologies into battle. An Inertial Polarizer allows it to slow down enemy ships, while an EMP generator disables their onboard electronics.

It's exceptionally deadly when used alongside an Assassin, where it can slow down enemy ships and prevent them from dodging the Assassin's heavy missiles.
In other words, Dilanski, it's a tackler. Sort of. I figured that as long as I'm copying EVE ship designs, I might as well copy their roles too.

The full Praetorian fleet. Once I get some secret faction ships and the Bavarian base finished, the battle for Vanderheim will begin. The third ship is the unmodified Legionnaire, which has three light laser cannons and the ability to buff nearby allies' shields.

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Theblackdog wrote:An Inertial Polarizer allows it to slow down enemy ships, while an EMP generator disables their onboard electronics.

Stasis webifiers?! Oh hells yes. I have fond memories flying a dual web Thorax on roams, that little thing could stop anything short of Nano's dead in the water, made tracking frigates with the blasters much easier as well. Also, the model is great, it looks stealthy like the Garmur, but has it's own thing going on.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED