Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Bragallot, Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

User avatar
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank
Posts: 827
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Post by Kaplan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:32 pm

I represent you M-Throne Empires fastest personnel carrier transport: Blitz.

Image

This flying vehicle is designed to carry troopers to the battlefield as fast as it can. It is controlled by one pilot and can carry 10 soldiers.

Image

When landed, the side armor panel come down and soldiers can step out right into the battlefield.

Image

It is equipped with a size 2'' gun enabling support fire. (Pilot controls the vehicle from a monitor mounted right in front of his head)

Image

It has a energy shield generator mounted on the back which gives the carrier extra protection against ranged attacks.
Last edited by Kaplan on Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard
Posts: 4461
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 am
Contact:

Re: Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Post by Zahru II » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:35 pm

I like how simple and effective this is! However the side panel connection is a little flimsy for my liking, I can see that folding them sideways might end up breaking off the entire panel due to one-stud connections.
Image
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

User avatar
Silverdream
Nice use of noise
Posts: 6084
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Post by Silverdream » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:37 pm

Nice. It reminds me of the landing boats from the Normandy Invasion.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

User avatar
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank
Posts: 827
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Post by Kaplan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:41 pm

Zahru II wrote:I like how simple and effective this is! However the side panel connection is a little flimsy for my liking, I can see that folding them sideways might end up breaking off the entire panel due to one-stud connections.
Thank you and you are right about the side panel hinges but they are just doing fine and not break easily because the hinge pieces are in new condition and they hold together well for now.

The effective design is somewhat inspied by this vehicle: http://livercom.pl/allegro/lego_7929_3.jpg

User avatar
Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems
Posts: 1293
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:53 pm

Kaplan wrote:
Zahru II wrote:I like how simple and effective this is! However the side panel connection is a little flimsy for my liking, I can see that folding them sideways might end up breaking off the entire panel due to one-stud connections.
Thank you and you are right about the side panel hinges but they are just doing fine and not break easily because the hinge pieces are in new condition and they hold together well for now.

The effective design is somewhat inspied by this vehicle: http://livercom.pl/allegro/lego_7929_3.jpg
...So M:Throne are coping Briktoid?

User avatar
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank
Posts: 827
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Post by Kaplan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:03 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
Kaplan wrote:
Zahru II wrote:I like how simple and effective this is! However the side panel connection is a little flimsy for my liking, I can see that folding them sideways might end up breaking off the entire panel due to one-stud connections.
Thank you and you are right about the side panel hinges but they are just doing fine and not break easily because the hinge pieces are in new condition and they hold together well for now.

The effective design is somewhat inspied by this vehicle: http://livercom.pl/allegro/lego_7929_3.jpg
...So M:Throne are coping Briktoid?
I got lot of Inspiration from fallowing: WWI Armies, WWII Germany, Warhammer 40k (Imperium of Man), Star Wars (Galactic Empire and Trade Fed.)

User avatar
Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems
Posts: 1293
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:28 pm

Kaplan wrote:Star Wars (Galactic Empire and Trade Fed.)
Yes, and Britoid is basically the Trade Federation where the Droids took over.

User avatar
Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
Posts: 2345
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: ✠1095✠1189✠1209✠1230✠

Re: Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Post by Vami IV » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:04 am

Whiteagle wrote:
Kaplan wrote:Star Wars (Galactic Empire and Trade Fed.)
Yes, and Britoid is basically the Trade Federation where the Droids took over.
Then go fucking build something.

I, for one, believe Kaplan has Right of Way in all its intended meanings.

User avatar
motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.
Posts: 1696
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:17 am
Location: Rolled up in a ball in a corner, quietly vomiting.

Re: Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Post by motorhead fan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:28 am

This is just pure Brilliance. I was going to say how crippling it would be if this got shot by a tank or something, then I remembered how big your army was.

User avatar
Honore
pry my ass from my cold dead hands
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:06 am
Location: Ridge

Re: Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Post by Honore » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:34 am

motorhead fan wrote:This is just pure Brilliance. I was going to say how crippling it would be if this got shot by a tank or something, then I remembered how big your army was.
It has a energy shield generator mounted on the back which gives the carrier extra protection against ranged attacks.
I'm not actually sure how powerful they are, but he has some protection.
"Psychiatrists are just not smart enough to be psychics."

User avatar
motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.
Posts: 1696
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:17 am
Location: Rolled up in a ball in a corner, quietly vomiting.

Re: Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Post by motorhead fan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:16 am

Yeah, but nothing is indestructable(usually).

User avatar
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard
Posts: 4461
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 am
Contact:

Re: Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Post by Zahru II » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:54 am

True dat, though I cannot see the blitz have any other purpose than to zip in, unload the guys, and then peace out and leave. For that duration a shield gen is more than servicable.
Image
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

User avatar
Honore
pry my ass from my cold dead hands
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:06 am
Location: Ridge

Re: Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Post by Honore » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:26 am

Zahru II wrote:True dat, though I cannot see the blitz have any other purpose than to zip in, unload the guys, and then peace out and leave. For that duration a shield gen is more than servicable.
motorhead fan wrote:Yeah, but nothing is indestructable(usually).
Well the blitz has to survive the zip in, it's not exactly stealthy, so any radar guided anti-air ordnance, or triple A can knock it out the sky.
"Psychiatrists are just not smart enough to be psychics."

User avatar
Gorthaff
Minifig
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:57 pm
Location: Budapest Hungary

Re: Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Post by Gorthaff » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:23 pm

And then the battlefield will be soaked with a rain of blood, and the rest of the troops can go on a frenzie, in true brikwars fashion.
I couldn't come up with anything smart, original or funny, so <=THIS=> is what you get.
ENJOY IT!!!

User avatar
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank
Posts: 827
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Personnel Carrier "Blitz" [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.6]

Post by Kaplan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:17 pm

All of you are right at some point. Blitz carriers are not heavily armored but designed to be as fast as possible. As soon as they transport the troops safely to the destination their job is finished.

I think a flying vehicle would not be easyly shot down because of the high speed (skill penalty) and high altitude (range limitation).

If the opponent has heavy anti-air weaponry (which would happen rarely) I will send armored ground transports with heavy armor instead.

Post Reply