[FF20] Solaeras Invictus and the Golden Brik

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Red_SPAMbot
Officer

[FF20] Solaeras Invictus and the Golden Brik

Post by Red_SPAMbot » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:36 pm

ImageThe Companions of the Golden Brick by Red Robot, on Flickr

Behold the Companions of the Golden Brik, an adventuring party that has risen from the rubble of Ragnablok to mete out justice and gather swag across the expanse of Castle themed landscapes and worlds. Their motto is "Live. Laugh. Loot."

From Left to Right:
  • Stan the Tin Man - Stan, short for Stannum, is the party's clockwork guardian, acting as the uncomplaining workhorse and bodyguard for the team's squishier members.
  • Fezzywig the Indefatigable - Fezzywig is a gnomish enchanter and tinkerer, and wears a magnificent Gnomish Toque of Holding. A fount of scholarly knowledge, Fezzywig is always quick with a joke or a cookie.
  • Solaeras, Servant of the Light Unyielding - Solaeras is half elf, half angel, and a paladin knight on top of that, so you can imagine how insufferable she is. In combat she is a pillar of righteous fury, and wielder of the Blessed Blade of Saint Osteen Tassius. She prefers a wardrobe all in shades of pearl gold, to really drive home how paladinous she is.
  • Mickelbee, the Goblin Alchemist - Mickelbee is the product of the age old RPG dilemma: What should a paladin do if they find a goblin baby abandoned in the road? The obvious answer of ‘kill it, because it will grow up evil,’ somehow did not apply however, and Solaeras brought him home and asked to keep him. Mickelbee grew up to become a traveling alchemist, and is always quick to dispense a healing potion or a mind melting psychedelic.
  • Sir Didymus, the Unibrony Knight - Supposedly a member of a knightly questing order, Sir Didymus is of questionable value in combat. He has become self proclaimed custodian of the Companion’s “brand’ and for the most part acts as the group’s social media manager.
ImageFOR LOOT! by Red Robot, on Flickr

The Companions of the Golden Brik are a group of murderhoboes stalwart adventurers that travel the lands of Castle Theme to fight evil and plunder riches. Luckily, power corrupts, so the richer a would-be tyrant, the more likely they are to also be evil and thus need necessary justice and the seizing of loot. Today, the Companions have come seeking...

ImageThe Library of Skulls by Red Robot, on Flickr

...The fabled unhallowed shrine of the Library of Skulls, ruled by the dreadful Headless Queen...

ImageThe Carrion King by Red Robot, on Flickr

...and her army of the undead, lead by the terrible Carrion King, a villain so heinous he refuses to follow convention and start his name with the obligatory K.

ImageLAY ON, Ye Champion of Wrath! by Red Robot, on Flickr

ONWARD TO VICTORY! AND THE SPOILS!!

ImageClash of the OT by Red Robot, on Flickr

Here we see Solaeras clashing with her greatest and deadliest enemy, the Dreadknight Malaklypse the Malign. Armed with his own overcompensatingly huge OT sword, no other foe has Solaeras so evenly or grievously matched.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ImageSolaeras by Red Robot, on Flickr
ImageSolaeras Breakdown by Red Robot, on Flickr

Kustom Kharacter
Here is an establishing shot of Solaeras and her parts breakdown and arsenal. Solaeras started as a figure for our D&D campaign. And the age old curse almost proved true: Once you complete a fig for your character, they almost certainly die. She uses a lot of Brick Warriors gear in her build and started out as a collectible series Winged Warrior.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ImageMalaKlypse the Malign by Red Robot, on Flickr
ImageMalaklypse Breakdown by Red Robot, on Flickr

Purist Pugilist
This is Malaklypse, who is a character I put together initially for my Anorakistan Army. He massively overcompensates for everything by having red transparent armor and an orange transparent sword, and flaming wings. Most of his elements come from Nexo Knights and Chima.
:studgod:ImageImageImage

Red_SPAMbot
Officer

Re: [FF20] Solaeras Invictus and the Golden Brik

Post by Red_SPAMbot » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:46 pm

ImageStan the Tin Man by Red Robot, on Flickr

ImageFezzywig by Red Robot, on Flickr

ImageMickelbee by Red Robot, on Flickr

ImageSir Didymus by Red Robot, on Flickr

I didn't want to exceed my picture limit for the contest, but I still wanted to give clearer pictures of the other Companions. I'm particularly proud of Stan. He's a purist build. Fezzywig started out as a Maggy Simpson and has a wizard hat from Brick Warriors. Mickelbee has a harness and backpack from Brick Warriors, and some waist pouches from Brick Forge I think. Sir Didymus is straight up the Unicorn Knight from the collectible minifigs series with zero alterations. But I thought he was funny so I threw him into the group.

Cracjaw
Minifig

Post by Cracjaw » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:43 am

We're all screwed, ain't no way we can compete against this, nice job!! :D :D
Yeah, you know who I am

:studgod:

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

Post by Food_Truk » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:20 pm

You're the reason I'm a villain, Red_SPAMbot. :fist: How dare you be this creative, you make us look bad.

Red_SPAMbot
Officer

Post by Red_SPAMbot » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:40 pm

Thank you for the kindly words, but it mirrors much the same of my feelings about everyone else's work. I feel I have no chance. There's lots of tasty bits in these barfs.

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:09 am

Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImageImageImage

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:54 am

Just going to leave a bulk score for all the figs
Style -- 10
Story-- 8
Photography-- 10
Thematic Potential-- 10
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.