[BB 20] ~ The Legend Of The Seven Maniac Beers ~

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

[BB 20] ~ The Legend Of The Seven Maniac Beers ~

Post by MadMario » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:49 pm

Introduction

So, the Legends and Myths speak of a time before the Brikverse existed - this was the time of "The Great Builder".

And nearly all ancient writings about Him end with the phrase:

"And the Dread Pirate 2x2 saw what He had made. And it was good."

But only one scripture documents what comes after that. The writings continue with this:

"And He looked at His creation with delight and great thirst in equal measure, and He decided to solemnize His achievement with a low-temperature, alcoholic potable. And after He enjoyed those potables umpteen times, He spilled some of them over the baseplates He created. Thus the Maniac Beers came to existence, each containing a fundamental characteristic of the Brikverse."

These words are the origin of...

The Legend speaks of seven different beers, each representing an essential part or mannerism found in the Brikverse.

They are arranged in the colours of the rainbow, but in reverse order, an anti-rainbow, because minifigs tend to hate rainbows. From the transparent spectrum they increase in strength, from the vapid Pink to the stupendous OT - and then there´s the mightiest of them all, the Red.

But let´s begin with the first...

Pink - The Beer of Peace
This Beer is not only without any recognizable taste, it won´t even approximately get you drunk. Most minifigs who drink it just tend to feel peaceful and untroubled, which of course is inacceptable for their war-waging brains. Some even say that Pacifass himself may appear when you drink it. That´s why nearly all consumers of Pink Maniac Beer instantly commit suicide.

Blue - The Beer of Magik
Each magik-wielding faction in the Brikverse has its own explanation how magik abilities works and how they came into the Brikverse. In fact, all types of magik have their origin in the Blue Maniac Beer. Drinking it can give a minifig the ability to get a basic understanding of magik, and even the power to manipulate it to a certain degree. It is no match to a well-trained Magikian, but it can give some magikal powers even to minifigs who usually don´t have the faintest idea of how it works. It tastes slightly like a pale ale.

Green - The Beer of Crankiness
Each minifig wants to be a hero. Each hero wants to be the only hero. The pure concept of crankiness becomes manifest in the Green Maniac Beer. All negative aspects of the consuming minifigure will be intensified to their extremes. It will also make the consumer extremely jealous of others, and if one or more heroes clink glasses with it, they will try to get rid of each other immediately. There can be only one! Has a bitter taste of hop.

Yellow - The Beer of ABS
Not much to say about this one. But if a minifig drinks it, it will feel more connected to the environment and the whole brikverse than ever before. If used correctly, it can give Mechaniks better control of their abilities, make scouts foresee the actions of enemies, provide architekts with the fanciest building techniques and so on. It has a very mainstream flavor.

YT - The Beer of Farce
One of the better known variants of Maniac Beer. It represents the powers of comedy, tragedy and stupidity. When consumed, it will yet only intensify those attributes a minifig already has, and not negate or reverse them. So if you´re already a clumsy swordsman, the odds are very high that you will decapitate yourself very soon. Has a smooth taste with notes of dark chocolate and coffee, like an imperial stout.

OT - The Beer of Ossum
Only the bravest and most epic heroes - like Manly Santa, Warhead or Zombie Lincoln are known to have feasted on the OT Maniac Beer. So, conversely, if a minifig drinks it (and survives) - it will very likely become a brave and epic hero itself. So goes the legend. In fact science cannot prove if the minifig really possesses portions of ossum, or if it only suffers from megalomania after consumption. Either tastes like your mom, or like your all-time favourite beverage.

Red - The Beer of Brikthulhu
The strongest and mightiest Maniac Beer. The writings know of no one who ever saw a keg of this and lived. It is also unknown if it can be consumed by minifigs at all. It is said that the Red Maniac Beer can only be brewed out of a combination of all other Maniac Beers, and that if a keg of it happens to exist in the brikverse, it will attract Brikthulhu himself, for it is the only thing that can get him drunk (and even Brikthulhu likes to get plastered sometimes). Its abilities are - because of aforementioned reasons - unknown. It will most likely taste like a rocket-propelled sledgehammer is slammed in your face with supersonic speed, while your testicles are attached to a power circuit line.

Some Details:

The skull throne and some of Brikthulhu´s minor demons.

Close-up of the three legendary heroes.

The ABS, represented by a variety of shapes.

Somewhat proud of this IM cameo, even if I don´t have the right torso piece.

The "Triple Ossum" aka "The three faces of the Farce".

This peaceable fellow has had it.

The small vignettes were built in succession and afterwards combined to one large diorama. They are interchangeable.

A slightly different view, a bit more from above.

The Boast:

I´ve started thinking about this idea as soon as I first read of the Maniac Beer. Since at least the Encounter on Nacroo happened, I had the concrete idea and started building, which nearly took the whole month, including the accompanying soaps and related constructions. As a fun fact, the Red Maniac Beer will also be the rarest one irl, for the pieces are only to be found in two sets, and prices have become exaggerated in relation to the other coloured bricks recently.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I had fun building it!

edit : had to re-upload the lettering picture, for it got deleted on brickshelf (not containing bricks)
Last edited by MadMario on Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImageImageImage

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Re: [BB 20] ~ The Legend Of The Seven Maniac Beers ~

Post by Duerer » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:43 pm

Would be a shame if we won't see a Keeper of the Seven Beers.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

Post by Food_Truk » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:19 am

Well, that's it for me. Time to weaponize peace, build an army and plunder all sources of Maniac Beer and transparent pieces. This amount of Ossum will not be ignored.

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:57 am

Food_Truk wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:19 am
Time to weaponize peace, build an army and plunder all sources of Maniac Beer and transparent pieces.

Wait... what the heck is happening here? Where´s all the Maniac Beer gone?

GET THAT GUY!

:P :P :P
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImageImageImage

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:56 am

:all: Well that was easy! Except for everyone going after me now.

Love it, thanks for the laughs. And the inspiration!

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:09 pm

That is a great IM cameo! I hate pale ales though.

Gorvoslov
Officer

Post by Gorvoslov » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:30 am

Definitely going to be fun making Maniac Beer so... colourful.

Infinity
Officer

Post by Infinity » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:43 am

Well now i have a use for extra transparent pieces. I love the little scenes and the kegs themselves.
The most dangerous enemy you can fight is a man with nothing left to lose

:studgod:

Infinity
Officer

Post by Infinity » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:46 am

If i were the guy stealing the kegs I would've used the weak PT beer and blown the place and the guardians sky-high.
The most dangerous enemy you can fight is a man with nothing left to lose

:studgod:

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:10 pm

Infinity wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:46 am
If i were the guy stealing the kegs I would've used the weak PT beer and blown the place and the guardians sky-high.
Excuse me, I am NOT wasting valuable PT on those brutes! I get that simple explosions have their charm and use, but I consider myself an artist. Nothing but the most Ossum despair-inducing chaos, vision-twisting intoxication and sickeningly cute murder machines will do!

Race Bannon
Champion
Champion

Post by Race Bannon » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:49 am

Warning: Dad joke ahead!

Does the ABS beer come in an automatic six-pack?

Ba-doom hiss!
Race Bannon

F-1 driver,
SCUBA diver,
Judo thrower,
Evil mower.

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Addendum - Beer Recipes!

Post by MadMario » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:07 pm

I´ve tried to recreate all seven Maniac Beers in time, but until now only two of them work for me. So that´ll have to do it.
While I was not drunk while building, i was totally during creation of the recipes. So It´s not a Drunken madness build, but I leave it to Ninja_Bait if he´ll judge these Beers:

The Pink Maniac Beer! :

-250 ml Tonic water
-Dashes grenadine syrup

Based on Kanon, this is the weakest of the Maniac Beers. I tried to reflect this in the recipe. If you only had this for a drink all the time, you´d surely commit suicide soon...

The OT Maniac Beer! :

-10-20 ml Dark Rum 73% (Proof 146) (!)
-220 ml Beer (Pale Lager or Pilsener)
-60 ml Mountain Dew
-Dashes Red Orange Liqueur
-Dashes Cherry Brandy

Stir all Ingredients in a 330 ml Beer glass or the like. Drink ice cold. Down several glasses shortly for best results.

Be careful to not overdose the Rum. Trust me.

Enjoy!

edit - had to re-upload the pictures, brickshelf deleted them for not containing bricks... :o
Last edited by MadMario on Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImageImageImage

Red_SPAMbot
Officer

Post by Red_SPAMbot » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:16 am

This is just great work all around, including the drink recreations.
:studgod:ImageImageImage

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:06 am

Style [ 10 with a shiny Benny sticker ]
The story fits the contest's alcohol theme perfectly, and wasn't just a fun but inspiring read as well. The details on each beer's effects and the introduction are a great addition. I'm laughing about the hatred for rainbows and how you replaced indigo with neon green, though.

Substance [ 10 ]

The displays and how they're built are amazing, the platforms have their own details and appropriate minifigs/bricks for each color used. I could go on and on, but the themes are perfectly shown through models like the Comoedia/Tragoedia/Stupidoedia jester skulls, the skull throne of Brikthulhu and the various pure yellow pieces for ABS.

Photography [ 9 ]
Obligatory -1 for the lack of a parts breakdown, the photography and amount of different angles/detail shots is perfect otherwise.

Boast [ 2 ]
One point for inclusion, another for the informative bit about the red transparent pieces.

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:57 am

Style: 10
Inventive and unique theme that ties in well with the contest very well

Substance: 8
Again, another big build with few interesting techniques outside of the brikthulhu section

Photography: 8
Clear views of everything
Image Image