Some sweet dudes [FF21]

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Some sweet dudes [FF21]

Post by sahasrahla » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:57 pm

so here's some figbarfs i hope you like them lol

Old Gobo the Axe Hobo
"Aye, you've got cigarettes, I've got axes, I think we can come to an agreement here."
There is an old road that runs through the forest between Drakemire and Aldor, and for many years that road was haunted by bandits and angry, territorial dire bears. Now that road is haunted by Old Gobo. Local barons were relieved to find that they could defend the forest road more efficiently and much more cheaply simply by having travelers pay Old Goro in cigarettes. Even the dire bears now know to fear his scratchy, hoarse-throated yell.

Elder Magus K'raall Keshvar
"I hear and obey . . . for now."
In the sun-soaked lands to the east, stratified caste systems generally mean the best a poor orc can hope for is to be enslaved to a master that isn't too horrifically abusive. K'raal Keshvar refused to settle. Through many years of scheming, plotting, bribing, assassinating, diet, and exercise, he managed to claw all the way up into the Emperor's cabal of mages. He's next up for the title of Grand Magister . . . if he can survive his fellow backstabbing cabal members' unfriendly intentions.

Sam and Elle
"What is that? Is it a friend?"
"NO ELLE, NOT A FRIEND"

In the cyberpunk post-apoc future, civilization's wealthy live in luxurious megacities while the less fortunate farm dirt out in the blasted wastelands. Sam grew up out there and if there's one thing she knows, it's how to survive. Elle is a Consort Droid custom-ordered by a wealthy city-dweller, chock full of fetish mods and completely oblivious to life outside the Red House. Through a barely-credible series of entertaining hijinks they somehow ended up stuck together, but it's anybody's guess whether this unlikely pair will be able to overcome their differences and keep each other alive out there in the unforgiving wastes.

High Archivist Everol Elvero
"If you seek mischief in the Archives, your quest will be short-lived . . . as will you."
There is no greater collection anywhere in the world of books, scrolls, artifacts, and treasures than the great Library of Myneria, and no greater student of its accumulated lore than Elvero. Nobody really knows how many years he has presided as High Archivist, because no one can really remember a time when he wasn't there. You have not known true fear until you have been shushed in the Library by the High Archivist, and you have not seen true genius until you've watched him organize a shelf of books. While speedreading two of them. Blindfolded. And shushing you before you've even opened your mouth to exclaim, "holy shit!"

Jepherus, Centaur Tinker
"Want to buy some rope?"
If you've ever gone travelling in Aldor, chances are good you've run into Jepherus at least once. He somehow seems to be everywhere at once, especially when someone finds themselves stranded in need of some trinket to move on with their journey. Whether it's weapons, tools, food, dirty magazines, or just the latest gossip, Jepherus has it all, and at unbeatable prices too. Well, at least, you aren't going to find anyone else standing on the roadside in the middle of nowhere offering better.

Mr. President
Officer

Re: Some sweet dudes [FF21]

Post by Mr. President » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:05 pm

That is one badass librarian (yes, I really just said that :sparta: ).

The centaur is very coincidental too - I just got the collectible minifig yesterday, and was thinking about turning her into a merchant/peddler type. He looks great! Does he have a cart or something, or is that all attached to him?
Badges and stuff:
Spoiler
Show

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:16 am

Want to buy some rope?

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:23 pm

Enzo Maltus, Ambassador to the Cuniculus System
"Squeak! Ahem, apologies. I meant to say . . . how do you do."
The people of the Cuniculus system have a long and honorable history stretching back thousands of years to the dark days when the ancient Giant Serpents still ruled their home planet. The slow but inexorable ascendance of mammalian civilization has finally resulted in interstellar capability, and Enzo Maltus is their first ever ambassador to the larger galactic society into which they have entered. He is patient, thoughtful, well-spoken, and very intelligent, not to mention courageous and honorable, as demonstrated by the double-serpent staff he carries, which symbolizes his victory in ritual combat over a serpentine representative of their ancient foe. Just don't, ever, touch his tail.

Deathspeaker Herald
"Can you smell the oil burning in my censer? That means your time has come."
The worshippers of Death among minifig kind are countless in number and infinitely varied in their manifestations of worship. There exist a not-insignificant number of such minifigs who tend towards, well, the melodramatic aspect of their religion. I mean, what good's a death-cult without at least the occasional midnight blood sacrifice beneath a goat-headed idol, right? If enough such drama-inclined people gather together and their special effects team has a big enough budget, they can summon a Deathspeaker Herald. Arising from a fiery crack in the earth, half-obscured by plumes of smoke and burning ash, the Deathspeaker need only speak, and the entire assembly dies instantly. Hence the name.
[This is my only Kustom entry, the others are all purists]

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:52 am

All of these are really great, and cleanly photography. There's a lot of great color text for every character and I want to see more.

My scores are formatted as follows: (style, story, photography, thematic potential)

Old Gobo (7, 7, 8, 7)
Elder Magus K'rall (8, 9, 8, 8)
Sam and Elle (6, 9, 8, 8)
High Archivist Everol (10, 7, 9, 9)
Jepherus (10, 8, 8, 8)
Enzo Maltus (7, 7, 8, 9)
Deathspeaker Herald (9, 8, 8, 8)
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:58 am

Uh so

Code: Select all

8)
turns into 8)

deal with it 8)
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:46 pm

Old Gobo the Axe Hobo
Style - 4
Story - 5
Photography - 5
Thematic Potential - 8

Elder Magus K'raall Keshvar
Style - 6
Story - 6
Photography - 7
Thematic Potential - 6

Sam and Elle
Style - 7
Story - 8
Photography - 7
Thematic Potential - 9

High Archivist Everol Elvero
Style - 7
Story - 8
Photography - 6
Thematic Potential - 6

Jepherus, Centaur Tinker
Style - 8
Story - 8
Photography - 7
Thematic Potential - 7

Enzo Maltus, Ambassador to the Cuniculus System
Style - 5
Story - 6
Photography - 7
Thematic Potential - 7

[Kustom]
Deathspeaker Herald
Style - 7
Story - 6
Photography - 7
Thematic Potential - 7

The Herald and Jepherus are definitely my favorites. Great work!

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:30 pm

Apologies for the late judging, in order to expedite the progress I’ll forego my usual commentary and jump straight for the rankings unless I want to make a specific note on something.

OLD GOBO
Style - 7
Story - 8
Photos - 8
Potential - 8

K’RAALL KESHVAR
Style - 8
Story - 9
Photos - 8
Potential - 8

SAM & ELLE
Style - 6
Story - 9
Photos - 8
Potential - 7
This isn’t as straight away fantastic as the others but it’s the one that made me laugh the most.

EVEROL ELVERO
Style - 10
Story - 9
Photos - 8
Potential - 9
Holy hell I love this guy just wish I had a pic of the back and how the arms attach

JEPHERUS
Style - 10
Story - 8
Photos - 9
Potential - 9
I can’t decide which of these last two I like better.

ENZO MALTUS
Style - 9
Story - 8
Photos - 8
Potential - 9

DEATHSPEAKER HERALD
Style - 10
Story - 8
Photos - 9
Potential - 10
:666: as all hell

sahasrahla

Post by sahasrahla » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:20 am

Bookwyrm wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:30 pm

Holy hell I love this guy just wish I had a pic of the back and how the arms attach
pretty simple tbh (not part of my contest entry obviously)