(BB21) StarCorps Battlecruiser "S.C.N. TIGER"

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

(BB21) StarCorps Battlecruiser "S.C.N. TIGER"

Post by MadMario » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:07 am

Category: Brik by Brik

On last minute I managed to finish a long-term project that started back in February as a crazy idea. And I decided that it´s a worthy contest entry, also.

So I present you....

...the StarCorps Battlecru...wat?

...oh, erm. Wait. That´s not it. That was the model it´s based on... Where did I put that file...? Ah, here we go.

I present you...

...the StarCorps Battlecruiser SCN Tiger!

It is a SHIP that´s approx. 113 Studs in length (without the antennas), and it´s the flagship of the StarCorps Navy (S.C.N.)

It features 24 Cannons (8 large and 16 small), and will soon be equipped with additional rockets and torpedo launchers.
The cannons are arranged in a way that they can all shoot forward simultaneously, and also rotate in a way that they don´t interfere with each other.

Large communication arrays and antennas guarantee fast and stable communication with the rest of the fleet and the ground bases and troops in range.

State-of-the-art engineering and top-notch engine design make the SCN TIGER (and the other ships of the same series)
one of the fastest vessels of its size, unmatched in maneuverability and firepower.

The crew consist of 1 Captain, 2 Officers (expert pilots) and 4 crewmen for manning guns and communications.
The compartments (not shown here) can hold several squads of StarCorps troopers and / or equipment.

The front bears a large StarCorps flag for easy recognition, as well as the ship´s name and the emblem of the according fleet, in this case the sword of the "Battlefleet Horizon".

BONUS FEATURES
Alongside some "play features" that I´ll implement later on, I wanted to make the SHIP easy transportable from the very beginning. So I designed a retractable carrying handle that is integrated in the solid frame of the model. I never thought it would be so sturdy, but you can easily lift the whole ship with it. But I guess it´s far from being swooshable. At least I´m not gonna try that...

Bonus pic 1: Work In Progress
The very early stage shows the technic frame on that all later parts were attached. Size is exactly 6 times of the microship model!

Bonus pic 2:The eponym
Nearly each evening when I was building, CatMario came for a visit and critically eyeballed the progress. She regularly rubbed her head on the frame or the nearly finished ship, making it obviously hers. So it seemed very likely to have the ship named after her. Even more obvious, CatMario´s real name is `Tiger`. ;)

That´s all folks. The ship will immediately be sent on a mission, and first it will carry troops to shut down the riots in the Ulrion system, alongside with some M-Throne forces...

ad felicitatem!
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImageImageImage

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Re: (BB21) StarCorps Battlecruiser "S.C.N. TIGER"

Post by Silent-sigfig » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:10 am

That's beautiful! It sounds like there is still an interior which is awesome. can the bridge access the rest of the ship?
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

TEORI
Officer

Post by TEORI » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:44 am

:my floppy penis:
No comment!
Spoiler
Show

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:58 am

DAMN. really like the flag on the front. also the carry handle is hilarious and genius

Archduke
a line of angrily mashed out gibberish

Post by Archduke » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:51 pm

this is fantastic! Glad I'm not competing against it.
Natalya wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 pm
Why would anyone get banned for this?
Image Image

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:19 pm

That. Is. AWESOME! :tiger: :tiger: :tiger:

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:39 pm

Style - 9.5
Amazing work, one of the best SHIPs in a long time. It suffers a little bit from boxiness but that is near impossible to avoid at that scale.

Substance - 10
Amazing in scale and features. Love the handle.

Photography - 9.5
Great photos, getting a SHIP is tough. love the kitty

Boast, Tie-Breaker Category - 9000
I mean, its a SHIP dammit

Overall Score - 29 + 9000 tiebreaker
Very impressive and I think in any other year this would be a winner (it still might be).

Note to Quantum. If tiebreaker category comes down to it, assume my 9000 is just the max tiebreaker score I can give.

Beckero103
Champion
Champion

Post by Beckero103 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:13 am

Style - 9
Fantastic, clear shape. Looks totally believable and would fit into an an animated movie quite well. Only complaint is the amount of exposed studs.

Substance - 10
Clearly functional - the command deck opening up and the carrying handle are both unexpected and cool.

Photography - 9
Great photos, could stand to be a bit brighter but working with that much black while making it stand out is not easy.

Boast, Tie-Breaker Category - 10
Huge ship, huge time investment. Earned the maximum here from me. And swooshable.

Overall Score - 28 + 10 tiebreaker
Love this ship and definitely something I would not want to see on the other side of the table.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:00 pm

Style: 9
Substance: 9
Photography: 8
Boast: 10
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

ArchyX74
Officer
Location: drunk at the nearest tavern (or I could be right behind you)

Post by ArchyX74 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:14 am

It's seeing SHIPs like this that makes me wanna build one. The only things getting in the way are parts not being sorted, poor skill with making internal structures, and not a whole lot of space on shelves. Damn awesome SHIP nevertheless. Made audible sounds of excitement upon seeing it.