[JJJ21] Skion Remains at War

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

[JJJ21] Skion Remains at War

Post by Dienekes22 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:42 am

Dienekes hurried down another lane, weaving among the dead and dying, making his way to yet another battle line drawn amongst the endless series of fronts that made up yet another conflict inside the much larger, and just as eternal, war against the many foes of Skion

How much longer? Dienekes could not help but wonder as errant bullets whizzed by his head into the concrete behind him, kicking up dust that vanished into the ashen haze of smoke. Was this the glory he had wanted so badly? Was this the future Skion had demanded in the ruins of the fight with the Swarm?

Dienekes turned a corner and faced down red-suited foes just as ash-covered and grimy as he. His pace did not slow as he bore his OTC axe, cleaving the first nearly in two, hot blood splattering across his dust blasted armor.

He swung again and again, returning to the fight, doubt creeping into his mind with each life taken and wound dealt.
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Re: [JJJ21] Skion Remains at War

Post by Bragallot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:45 am

The blood effect is really cool, simple but effective. :)
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:46 pm

Style - 8 - A straight-shaped, clean little vignette. NPU(blood effect, chair) is great.

Substance - 7 - A little too grey, and all the action taking place on the left. Feels a bit rushed in terms of composition.

Photography - 7 - Great lighting and contrast, background ok. Could´ve used some more pics from other angles.

Theme - 7 - A nice Skion interlude. Will QS Dienekes ever come to a rest?
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImageImageImage

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:00 pm

Style - 8 - Great lil' vignette. Simple, efficient, has depth and mystery in the build.

Substance - 7 - Good use of SNOT in the walls! I appreciate how you accomplished the blood and the electrical elements (the ladder is cool too). For a simple build this works very well.

Photography - 7 - Quality images, good lighting, clear focus. I would recommend using your softbox and an additional photograph :D. The writing is engaging and immersive - I would love to see a photo that brings me into that experience. (some examples: Imagehttps://flic.kr/p/WGQgUyImage)
Theme - 7 - Yay! Glad to see some expository in your sci-fi factions :D

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:05 pm

style - 8 - lots of good details but feels a bit incomplete. I guess I'm expecting a 4-sided vignette based on the layout.
substance - 8 - kind of same as above
pootagraphy - 8 - build is in good focus but background is wanting
theme - 8 - yeah good story
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

Post by Dienekes22 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:30 pm

Thanks, guys. It is a little incomplete because my gray parts are in high demand for a different project. Hopefully my next attempt wows everyone and is planned better 8)
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -