[JJJ21] Germanic Känguru

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

[JJJ21] Germanic Känguru

Post by Valiant » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:03 am

Ladies and gents, the Känguru!

After a thorough review of the Titan Battlemech, Germanica's Ministry of Defence commissioned ABS Defence Systems to create a lightweight support platform capable of supplementing infantry in Urban terrain.
The final product silenced all critics of the program blew the critics away with its exceptional combat performance.

Can utilise jump-jets and the Boom Box to, you know, jump around :D

The Känguru is six inches tall. It comes equipped with two size 3 plasma rifles, two size 2 mortar launchers, and a Boom Box.

The Boom Box can be used to drop beats, increasing the morale of local troops. It is particularly effective when the squad is facing off against a superior force, challenging them to a rap battle. Mics can be thrown to the contestants from the dedicated mic-launcher.

That concludes the Känguru!
In my opinion, this is the first model I've made (as opposed to adapted) for BrikWars.
I look forward to expanding the scope of my Germanic forces :D

Last edited by Valiant on Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joshua
Cannon Fodder

Re: [JJ21] Germanic Känguru

Post by Joshua » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:35 am

Lovely little mech you have there! I really like the tan and grey color scheme.
Remember, as a wise man once said: "Nihil Est Quod Videtur"

Eaggra2799
Nice Dubs

Re: [JJ21] Germanic Känguru

Post by Eaggra2799 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:10 pm

The idea of mechs blasting music as they ride into combat is an amazing one, and It should be used more
If you really read Marx, you'd understand how pineapple on pizza is diametrically opposed to the will of the proletariat

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Re: [JJJ21] Germanic Känguru

Post by MadMario » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:56 pm

Style - 10 - Greatly shaped mech with lots of interesting surface greeble for its size.

Substance - 9 - Superb varied colour scheme. The many transparent colours give a great touch without being too dominant.

Photography - 9 - Top-notch quality regarding background, lighting and angles!

Theme - 7 - nice storytelling / introduction here, though not much related to current events.
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImageImageImage

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:12 pm

Eaggra wrote:Style: 9, I love the whole style of the build a lot, it looks really well made to me, and the boombox is absolute gold! the only reason it didn't get it a ten, is that, I feel like it could use a bit more flair, it seems to lack iconography and just feels a bit generic to me (but what do I know), but other than that small gripe, its great

Substance:9 , im not sure how it is built, but the detail and scale seem to complement each other, Im not sure how to exactly define it yet, but I like it!

Photography: 10, the lighting, camera positioning, and backgrounds are really nice, to the extent im starting to suspect that some of them might be using stud.io....

theme: 8, there is only one character in the set piece, and that is the mech, I like its """""""""Vibe""""""""" because it reminds of modern military stuff abit, which isn't my favorite, but doesn't seem that bad either

Final score: 28, very good all around, I just feel like it could use a bit more flair or whatever, im not sure how to define that, but otherwise a magnificent build, that if I wasn't a shitbuilder, would attempt to replicate

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:49 pm

Thanks guys!
No Stud.io Eaggra - just a 2 cubic foot light box and a DSLR (you can inspect the photo details in the Flickr link :D ).
Totally get the generic thing - I haven't quite found the Germanic character yet. I'm almost settled on a mixture between modern Germany, the MCRN (Mars Congressional Republic Navy from 'The Expanse'), and something wholly my own.

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:10 pm

style - 9 - the photo angles and big aperture are very stylish
substance - 7 - the mech is good but it's hard to tell what's happening with the vignette background
photography - 9 - see above
theme - 7 - the vignette is a little weak on storytelling, hard to tell what the tan guys are up against
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.