[JJJ22] Blue Gunner MK3 and Red Blade MK3

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

ooyama1997
Champion
Champion

[JJJ22] Blue Gunner MK3 and Red Blade MK3

Post by ooyama1997 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:31 am

The Blue Gunner MK3 and Red Blade MK3 are these ARC mechs that was constructed as successors to previous models of ARC mechs, Blue Gunner MK3 are armed with gun for ranged combat while Red Blade MK3 armed with katana for close range combat.

These two mechs are all from BIKKU with some slight modifications using parts from LEGO and Mega Construx.

Scribonius
Nice TRIPS

Re: [JJJ22] Blue Gunner MK3 and Red Blade MK3

Post by Scribonius » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:26 pm

Time to be Judged. (Doom doom doom)

Heh, sorry, couldn't help it. Okay, we judge on 4 criteria.
Style: 7 They're nice, compact builds, very nice mecha.
Substance: 6 HOWEVER, while I like the subject matter, there isn't much of a 'scenic build' to this. No background, just a couple of mecha on a white platform. They're nice mecha, don't get me wrong, but it lacks something. Like a background. Or a floor under them that isn't white. Or a red minifigure uniform to go with the red mecha color theme.
Photography: 5 One photo, one view. It is a decent photo, but everyone else took at least 3 pics of their builds.

Theme: Now this is a tough one. I'm going to score it a 9. They're Mecha. Seriously, we talk about those on the Forum and the Discord ALL THE TIME. Can't get much more thematic for something Brickwarsy than this.

CaLego420
Hero

Post by CaLego420 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:29 pm

Lol, what are we going to do with you

Style: 8. I grade this as such because I know these are Bikku builds, but that also means you know where to find Bikku instructions and you did choose one of the better sets to spotlight

Substance: 5. This is pretty bare bones as they aren't even shooting at each other or preparing for a deathbot match or any fun stuff like that, so kind of lacklusterish

Photography: 4. There is literally one pic with no action on which I have to go on so that's as bout as good as it's getting

Theme: 6. We love our mecha around these parts, and even though these are cloan-briks straight from NegaBloktrix herselves backend it is still mecha. Next time have them doing something, anything, otherwise it detracts for their cool factor, cloan brand or otherwise

P.S. Do you have the intructions for these? They are impossible to find no matter the depths of the internet I search.

silasw
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by silasw » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:39 pm

Style: 8
Love the color scheme and the decals. The anime styling is expressed well in the build.
Substance: 5
I really like that you have room for the pilot minifigs. The shoulders, arms and chest areas have nice shapes too. I feel like the many exposed joints make it look a little awkward in some places though, and I would have liked some cooler shapes for the feet. Also as stated before, some surrounding scenery was asked for in the contest rules.
Photography: 8
Clean photos with good resolution and good lighting.
Theme: 5
Looking forward to seeing more ARC stuff! What the heck is ARC anyway?