The Basilikoi (space version)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Bragallot, Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Bragallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Post by Bragallot » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:17 am

Warhead wrote:Awesome army and building work. The characters look amazing. I see many excellent weapons built in various ways I haven't seen tried before. That's always good to see.

Don't mind Brag, Immortals only destroy those that oppose them, not anyone that doesn't join. There is a vast difference in that meaning with lots of political wiggle room open for negotiation.
That's not how I got it at first, that means if everyone were to just sit back there would be no war at all? :?

Though, Warhead may just be shirking off in the face of this huge badass army :twisted:

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Re: The Basilikoi (space version)

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:17 am

Porphyrogenitus wrote: a Heavy Kinetic Penetrator
Dirty boy.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:19 am

Porphyrogenitus wrote:
Paco the Duck Ninja wrote:You have 100 of them?!? Group picture is necesary. Do it.
Ask and ye shall receive:

In the middle Spaceman Spiff waits to take on all challengers. You can see some Assyrians on the left, as well as my Alien Mafia. Near the top of the picture are my two mercenary companies, Permanent Solutions, LTD (in white on the right) and Graywater, Inc (the SP3 guys in the middle). Gordon Freeman is facing down some headcrabs in the middle of my Scout-Sniper teams.

Here's a close-up of my mixed squad of Britannians, too, led by a member of the House of Lords. In the background you can see a couple of my Assyrians.

The structures on the top left of the first pic, what are they?
Fire, Fire, burning bright
Burning down the house tonight

Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:37 am

No here's one badass army! 8)

Porphyrogenitus
Officer
Location: Aurora, Indiana, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Post by Porphyrogenitus » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:50 am

Cpl. Halan wrote: The structures on the top left of the first pic, what are they?
Those are prototypes for a modular fighter/bomber chasis. They've got a sort of boxy cockpit/engine assembly with a side-mounted weapon hardpoint/engine area. Fighters get a single middle-size cannon, and bombers get a much heavier one. I like the asymmetrical look, but only one weapon on each seemed a bit... lacking.

I based them on a quick microspace fighter build, but I think I'm going to redo both the micro fighters/bombers and the minifig scale ones.
0 Lord, save Thy people and bless Thine Inheritance. To our Rulers grant victories over the barbarians, and by Thy Cross protect Thine own Estate.

Porphyrogenitus
Officer
Location: Aurora, Indiana, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Post by Porphyrogenitus » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:56 am

Bragallot wrote:
Porphyrogenitus wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Gee whiz. That's a fine looking army you got there. On the field of battle, which side of the Immortal war will it be on?
The plan is to remain violently neutral, spreading money around to try to keep the war going for as long as possible, so that the Basilikoi can come in after the fact and clean up the pieces. After all, if they can get all the various barbarians to kill each other off, it'll only be that much easier to liberate the surviving worlds once the war ends.

Realistically, though, not many plans survive past the opening stages...
Good plan, though you should know the Immortals attack anyone who doesn't join them and it'll be hard to survive without allies. Of course, if anyone's going to be up to the task, it's gonna be this army :) Great-looking guys and weapons. The Greek theme is also cool and well done. Got any more plans for them?

I might've missed it but who are the white guys? Pilots?

There's great potential here, I hope you don't let it go to waste. *hint hint* 8)
There are two sets of white guys. The ones in the back with guns are one of my merc units, and the ones in the middle of everything are Basilikoi crewmen (basically Blacktron 2 with white helmets/black visors, and for hazardous duty [door gunners, for instance] they get aquazone white suits with black visors).

I've been working on getting some of my cousins to play Brikwars, but they're a bit young to fund their own armies right now, so every thing they've got are from Manly Santa Day/birthday presents that I've given them. The force distribution is currently a bit unbalanced. I'm also using my position at the local library to try to set up a gaming night, and if that works then I might be able to pull in a local or two. If that happens, I might eventually get to take these guys for a spin. For now, though, nobody around here seems to want to play.
0 Lord, save Thy people and bless Thine Inheritance. To our Rulers grant victories over the barbarians, and by Thy Cross protect Thine own Estate.