Austrians on Dinoreich.

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

White Nun
Dimmy

Austrians on Dinoreich.

Post by White Nun » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:02 am

I've been neglecting my Austrians. There was more of them, but some of them became Americans which I suppose did happen from time to time in the real world, but doesn't help when I'm supposed to be making them one of the major players in Dinoreich local politics.

In a nutshell the Austrians lead by Baron von Blitzen (and his wife Helga the Baroness) came to Dinoreich from the Prussian Hegemony and settled themselves on the high snowy alpine pastures well above the rainforests and swamplands inhabited by far too many huge and hungry dinosaurs. Safe, but cold and very bored in the small colony township they'd built above the snowline the Baron began to plot and make plans as to how the warm and fertile lowlands might be wrested from Britannian control.

It's only fair that everyone should have a tank, so I dug out this old relic complete with Winter camouflage. Please note the Wirklich sehr große Kanone which is apparently 100% guaranteed to sort out troublesome dinosaurs.
The Baron also has a Krupp steam war walking machine as well which I built up from various assorted Bionicle parts, Lego and flexible plastic piping. It's operated by one of the driver/mechanics in the maroon overalls who sits behind what was formerly a white Bionicle faceplate with optics. (I always keep an eye out for those particular faceplates for my walking machines)
Ignore the blue and white Freeze-O-Zap rayguns in the picture btw, - it was an idea I had that I'm not going ahead with.

subyrally
Cannon Fodder

Post by subyrally » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:24 am

liking the really big cannon, lol.

the artic/alpine theme with this faction is awesome. i can't wait to see these guys get into some action.
"Warning: Small children may present a choking hazard when consumed."

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:32 am

Where'd that tank come from? It looks pretty neat. The mech too -- you're one of the only people I've seen who can make Bionicles look good.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:40 am

do lik.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:47 am

Awesome as always.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Silverdream wrote:Awesome as always.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Theblackdog wrote:Where'd that tank come from? It looks pretty neat. The mech too -- you're one of the only people I've seen who can make Bionicles look good.
The tank is from an old Mega Bloks set and is quite a cool piece of work actually.

Thanks for saying nice things about my steam walkers :D I could never make sense of all the silly storyline behind Bionicles myself, but if you cut their heads off, add a boiler and a certain amount of plumbing and gears they start to become useful :wink:

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:37 pm

Zupponn wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Awesome as always.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:10 am

The wait was worth it, brilliant new faction!

Skyian Leader
Minifig

Post by Skyian Leader » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:20 am

NOOOO!!!! MEGABLOCKS!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED BY THEM!

But on the army, awesome as always

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:16 am

Skyian Leader wrote:NOOOO!!!! MEGABLOCKS!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED BY THEM!

But on the army, awesome as always
Ta.... :D

I had Mega Bloks before I had Lego; - meh, - I don't mind them.

I built a sidecar for one of the motorcycles tonight. I found it tricky too because it had to be quite small to match the bike. I couldn't find a white seat so I had to use a yellow one. (first item to go on next Bricklink order). I wrapped the machine gun barrel with white string so it would fit in with the alpine camo theme.
I need to get some more white minifig bodies and ski goggles so the sidecar passenger has to be in ordinary greys for the time being.

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:38 pm

The yellow seat fits with the "Or" field of the hapsburg dynastic imperial arms. :D

Speaking of which, being the nature of dynastic pedigrees, names must have become hyphenated over thousands of years in the brikverse timeline.

Perhaps the currently reigning head of the kaiserliche-konigliche house is named something like Leopold Billy Ray Karl Von Hapbsburg-Gonzales-Nguyen-Lothringen. :D

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:23 pm

Damn Bosh! They always look coolest! 8)

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:01 pm

Ahh, another neat walker from the White Nun. That sidecar is pretty neat, too. And the white string around the gun barrel really works.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.