Server Horror Stories

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: RagnarokRose, 501stCadians, dilanski

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Server Horror Stories

Post by Whiteagle » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:30 am

So if any of you are like me, you've probably looked around for Servers to play on, and some are just plain nightmares.
For instance, I got into a "Dwarf Fortress RP" server...
199.187.123.123:25614
It looks cool at the beginning, but most of the mods are total asplords who can't tolerate any deviation in their little fiefdom…
Four races; Dwarves, Elves, Humans, and Kobolds, all spread out WAY too far apart to actually interact with one another, while the Kobolds are EXPECTED to basically be a player operated Mob.
They’re NOT suppose to be able to FARM Wheat, despite the fact that being a “Stone-aged Hunter-gather Civilization” should mean we’re starting to get the hang of it, and the fact that their shitty plug-in won’t stop you anyways…
Plus we’re probably the only race that has actually engaged in Agriculture, because the Humans have big pre-made Moderator built farms and Dorfs only get Mushrooms.
Still, we’re suppose to steal our shit from races that live 10-30 minute walks away, so several in game DAYS, because that’s really the only thing to liven things up for the other three settlements who otherwise just sit on their asses after they figure out everything is too far away…
The Mods basically want to force everyone into a race war, but they they’ll never have enough players on to make that interesting, so it just squashes any actual RP because anything not your race is to be killed on sight…
They’ve also got a damn “building realism” fetish, so along with the avalanche plug-in making it impossible to do anything with materials that aren’t wood or processed stone, they’ll wreck your shit for “not being lore appropriate.”
Honestly, if there weren’t people actually trying to roleplay, I’d go full marauderbold and use their own autistic anality to decimate the other settlements.

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Re: Server Horror Stories

Post by loafofcheese » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:02 pm

A server I used to play on had a no swearing policy, that went down well...
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Public Servers.

Need i say more?
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:42 pm

/Tg/ based server dude, and they hate you almost as much as we do.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.