Everyone's the Boss of Their Own Toys

One man, one vote

Moderator: Butthurt

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Everyone's the Boss of Their Own Toys

Post by stubby » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:06 pm

Since there's been some confusion on the subject recently, here are some more specific rules for humans.
  • Everyone's the Boss of Their Own Toys

Some humans like to build intense, high-quality custom creations. Some just like to build sets from the instructions. Some like to slap together rainbow crates on wheels and send them into battle. Some don't build anything at all and just like seeing what other people are up to. This is okay.

Some humans like to develop intense, multi-layered backstories and biographies for their creations and factions. Some make up stories that don't make any sense. Some don't want any backstory at all. This is okay.

Some humans want their factions and characters and creations in as many other people's battles as possible. Some want to be part of vast forum-wide plotlines. Some want to keep tight control over their own creative work, and don't want anyone else anywhere near it. This is okay.

Some humans know exactly how they enjoy playing with their toys, and they think other people are doing it wrong unless they enjoy playing with their own toys the exact same way. This is not okay.
The rules for minifigs and minifig factions are different than the rules for humans.
  • RULES FOR MINIFIGS

Some minifigs have different colored shirts, hats, or skin than you do. This is not okay. Kill them.

Some minifigs have different belief systems, or similar beliefs except for one minor difference. You have no choice but to kill them.

Some minifigs strive for Peace. Kill those ones first.

Some minifigs may come from a different country, culture, or background than you. Kill them (obviously).

Some minifigs may be wealthier than you, or less wealthy, or have a different word for those bumps on the tops of bricks. Kill them.

Some minifigs may love killing just as much as you do, and may be trying to kill the same things. Brofist, then kill them.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: Everyone's the Boss of Their Own Toys

Post by RedRover » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:33 pm

Don't give me rules on how to play with my minifigs, I'm the boss of my own toys

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:50 am

Thanks for trying to clear things up stubby, but I'm afraid everything you just posted conflicts with my ideas of "canon". I'm afraid I'm going to have to start a new thread and argue with everyone who wants to have fun and not spend their life crafting backstories for their armies. You've brought this on yourself.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:57 am

stubby wrote:
  • Everyone's the Boss of Their Own Toys

Some humans like to build intense, high-quality custom creations. Some just like to build sets from the instructions. Some like to slap together rainbow crates on wheels and send them into battle. Some don't build anything at all and just like seeing what other people are up to. This is okay.

Some humans like to develop intense, multi-layered backstories and biographies for their creations and factions. Some make up stories that don't make any sense. Some don't want any backstory at all. This is okay.

Some humans want their factions and characters and creations in as many other people's battles as possible. Some want to be part of vast forum-wide plotlines. Some want to keep tight control over their own creative work, and don't want anyone else anywhere near it. This is okay.

Some humans know exactly how they enjoy playing with their toys, and they think other people are doing it wrong unless they enjoy playing with their own toys the exact same way. This is not okay.
I'd totally frame that list and hang it on my wall.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

stubby

Post by stubby » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:39 am

Overwatch_Elite wrote:Thanks for trying to clear things up stubby, but I'm afraid everything you just posted conflicts with my ideas of "canon". I'm afraid I'm going to have to start a new thread and argue with everyone who wants to have fun and not spend their life crafting backstories for their armies. You've brought this on yourself.
Harsh but fair

L-Man
Officer

Post by L-Man » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Could we add this to the Roolbook, please?
"Friends are like trees. If you hit them with an axe, they die."

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:33 pm

L-Man wrote:Could we add this to the Roolbook, please?
I second this.

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:55 pm

stubby wrote:Since there's been some confusion on the subject recently, here are some more specific rules for humans.
  • Some minifigs have different colored shirts, hats, or skin than you do. This is not okay. Kill them.

Some minifigs have different belief systems, or similar beliefs except for one minor difference. You have no choice but to kill them.

Some minifigs strive for Peace. Kill those ones first.

Some minifigs may come from a different country, culture, or background than you. Kill them (obviously).

Some minifigs may be wealthier than you, or less wealthy, or have a different word for those bumps on the tops of bricks. Kill them.

Some minifigs may love killing just as much as you do, and may be trying to kill the same things. Kill them.
this is one of my favorite parts in the whole forum, Stubby, you are a Genius.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:06 pm

The last one should end with "Brofist, then kill them."

stubby

Post by stubby » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:56 am

Zupponn wrote:The last one should end with "Brofist, then kill them."
Request approved